Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth about the Right in America

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Neither did I claim it to be but its a positive aspect of it. Should we start counting up all the misery politics has caused then? Lets begin with the easiet one Hitler and the holocaust, all cause of what? They were different.. Stalin, Lenin, Mao etc. All these due to political ideals which is worse?
    Maybe politics is worse. It doesn't tell me to believe in a magic faery or i'll burn for eternity though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Politics at least deals in reality, good and bad. Religion is based on fantasy. Even the good things are based on lies, and most of the time only to strengthen its own power. Missions to other countries are "charity" when they provide food and medicine, but they make sure not to forget their bibles to convert more uneducated masses to their side. They are mostly not interested in truly helping people, they are interested in expanding their business. And the ones who do want to help people, it's only because they've been convinced that they need to do these things to ascend into a magical land of happiness that likely doesn't exist.
    Last edited by DHaran; 06-03-2013 at 16:30.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    And what is Hitler known most for. Persecution of Jews. Hello religion.
    That didnt make any sense at all, you claiming it was religions fault that Hitler started to kill off jews and homosexuals and people that didnt fit his ideal worldview?

That didnt make any sense at all, you claiming it was religions fault that Hitler started to kill off jews and homosexuals and people that didnt fit his ideal worldview?
    Sexual persecution has its roots in religion.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Politics at least deals in reality, good and bad. Religion is based on fantasy. Even the good things are based on lies, and most of the time only to strengthen its own power. Missions to other countries are "charity" when they provide food and medicine, but they make sure not to forget their bibles to convert more uneducated masses to their side. They are not interested in truly helping people, they are interested in expanding their business.
    Your bias again makes this discussions totally worthless, what in the world do people do out good faith? Nothing, people are egocentrical people that just do things if benefits their own purpose somehow it has nothing to do with religion.

Maybe politics is worse. It doesn't tell me to believe in a magic faery or i'll burn for eternity though.
    No, they just kill you cause you think different but I guess thats okey as long as you dont have to believe in a imaginary figure and burn in hell? :)

No, they just kill you cause you think different but I guess thats okey as long as you dont have to believe in a imaginary figure and burn in hell? :)
    Interestingly thats not the case with politics, but it is the case with religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Sexual persecution has its roots in religion.
    Sexual persecution would exist even without religion, there will always be people that are uncomfortable with things that dont fit their worldview. Just the other week i talked with a homophobic, it had nothing to do with religion at but how he had learn from he was a child that homosexuals are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Interestingly thats not the case with politics, but it is the case with religion.
    Now you just being silly, I gave 3 good examples of people that commited massmurder in the name of their political beliefs and you claim its not the case with politics?

You named Hitler, whose Christianity was a motivation for his antisemitism, and Stalin, whose Atheism led to persecution of religious citizens, lol. You're proving our point of how religion is a negative influence on politics.
    S E C R E T S

Sexual persecution would exist even without religion, there will always be people that are uncomfortable with things that dont fit their worldview. Just the other week i talked with a homophobic, it had nothing to do with religion at but how he had learn from he was a child that homosexuals are bad.
    I disagree, sexual orientation and specifically homosexuality, was not an issue historically. Where did that persons teachers "learn" that homosexuality is wrong?

Now you just being silly, I gave 3 good examples of people that commited massmurder in the name of their political beliefs and you claim its not the case with politics?
    I can give you 3 religious examples, is this a numbers contest? I think you misunderstood my post though, i was trying to say that religions have a history of killing you if you didn't believe in them.

The Crusades, religion in government. The Spanish Inquisition, religion in government. The Holocaust, religion in government. Isreali-Palestinian Conflict, religion in government. It goes on and on and on.

And regarding your comment about Americans: The invasion of Afghanistan by America was the result of religious extremists attacking American civilians.
    Last edited by DHaran; 06-03-2013 at 17:04.
    S E C R E T S

and on.

Don't stop believin'

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Ghandi, Religion in government.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Ghandi, Religion in government.
    And what happened to Gandhi? Assassinated by a Hindu who felt he was too sympathetic to Muslims. Religion breeds violence.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    People breed violence.

People were killing each other far before religion ever came along.

Thread Information