Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In-game recruitment comments

In-game recruitment comments

Please use this thread to discuss the in-game recruiting feature, which is just now gone live. You can read a blog post (which includes screenshots of it) right here.

If you spot any issues please post them in the bugs forum, thanks.
    Last edited by Bishop; 31-05-2012 at 16:34.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Very nice! One small thing that could perhaps be improved is the "experience" thing. Right now, if you've created a new account (because you've been away for a few ages and can't remember your old username or e-mail), you can't even apply to any kingdom that requires experience, even though you could have loads of experience. As the "game knowledge" and "activity" requirements already depend on the applicant's honesty, "experience" might as well be treated the same way.
    Last edited by Susie D.; 31-05-2012 at 16:31.

I like it. Agree with Susie D. re:blocking recruits on experience that ties to the length an account. Also, I think the kingdom ranking should change based on what the kingdom goal is. Growth should be based on nw/land rank, warring = warring rank and honor = honor rank.

Forum Addict
    This is a great new feature that I think will help a lot to get more new players lined up with decent monarchs, and increase the amount of 25 prov kds. As soon as im out of current war i'll do a campaign and see what types of people I end up with.

A couple suggestions: I'm not totally sure with the current setup how well a new player can actually tell how good a KD they are thinking of being recruited into is. The nw ranking is decent insofar as if their 10/10 chances are they are decent, but war can knock people all around, especially if they're in a long one. In part, this isn't too big of a deal. Hopefully anyone who is actually willing to setup a campaign is atleast interested in playing enough that they can be an ok monarch. But some metrics for the players to see besides nw might be nice. For example, maybe something that counts the amount of ages that the KD has had at least 10(could be a different number) people transfer over from one age to the next. Or if the KD has had atleast 15 people transfer, maybe have their ww record from previous age.

Another thing I think could be nice for the monarch side(but also the player side) is an option to force options on people. So if they accept a certain kd that said "Boss is recruiting! Looking for UD/Warrior or Orc/Cleric" then the monarch should be able to have it where when they select race/pers those are the options. If the recruitee doesn't want that then they can go to a different one, and then the recruiter can be sure that the newb doesn't mess up and need to restart after the 8th faery has come in(sorry palem!).

Playing a long time doesn't mean people know what they're doing (Vines) and if you let people rate themselves, they might have a different opinion of their experience than the recruiting kingdom would.

How does this work? Do you declare your own level of experience or is it based on when you created your account?
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Experience is based on account age (its part of our "lets make accounts matter" strategy) - activity and knowledge aren't measured so you rely on players to be honest.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Veteran
    Why is activity not measured? I remember a couple of dozen ages ago there used to be a statistic for login time and the number of logins. Why was that removed?

You cant measure a new players activity, as they have 0. Since they could potentially be very active we left it up to them to decide.

Forum Fanatic
    Merchant. Dwarf. Does that mean if I accept I get that or do they get to remake? I think if this is going to work you need it so they can join, then pick race, name etc and also change during protection? Oe, you need to be able to speak to them so they know what to pick etc. Also possibly add a field whereby they can add an email address and vice versa?

Nice addition btw :)

Forum Fanatic
    Or I think you should be able to list what you want ie orc warrior, elf mystic and upon applying select one of the province combo your kingdom has set out
    Last edited by American Badass; 31-05-2012 at 18:14.

Forum Fanatic
    Anothr Idea, when they apply a forum gets made so you can talk to them in it. YOu need some way to ask the player questions so that they know what to pick etc. That's my only gripe OR. Raise characters from 150 to 500 so people can be more specific in there write up?

Post Fiend
    Is there a way to see my own stats ?

Forum Fanatic
    For some reason, why / how do I not meet some kingdoms goals? How does the game determine "expert"???

After a couple of trial, apparently my own kdmate can message me for an invite again. I do not think this option should be there. Also, the diamond symbol next to the recruit tab does not go away after rejecting or accepting all application.

It would be much better to allow the new invitee to be able to change in protection as the monarch and his fellow kdmate can talk with them while they are still in protection. As stated by Topsy, it would ruin the recruitment system if players start to apply for a kd without planning to play nicely with their strat. If they message that they will play heavy attacker orc, for example, and switch to faery mystic, then it would ruin the balance of the kd looking for recruits. The features need some kind of communication so that their more to judge than 120 characters message.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I don't like that I can't play with it since we're full...=\

Thread Information