Thread: Had to restart, is it worth doing learn attacks?

Post Fiend

Had to restart, is it worth doing learn attacks?

As the title says, I am coming oop, have basically no science, is it worth starting to do learn attacks at this point.

I have 21k science in total on 600 acres.

Thoughts?

Post Fiend
    There are already some targets with annof science to learn them can be worth it to do a few learns but,
    I do suggest you get your province op and running fast so first some nice plunders to train your army etc.

Post Demon
    If you can get 1.5 bpa/hr from learn attacks, then they're worth the trouble.

Post Fiend
    How would I know?

How much science do they need to have if I am say 600 acres and they are the same?

Post Demon
    Then you need to be getting 9000-12000 from a Learn attack in order to not be wasting your time, except that science at 600 acres is so small once you've grown to a reasonable size that it's not relevant.

You have to ask yourself, "would I have been better off setting my science to rushed during the time my army was out on a learn attack?" At the very least, your combat losses shouldn't be greater in gc cost than the science gained, assuming 25-50gc per book depending on which science option you're using regularly.

Post Fiend
    I have been on either active or sustained all game, people can afford higher ones on attackers?

I guess if you find good plunder targets.

Veteran
    I am running focused at the moment with only 30% cost per tick :P so im still clearing about 15-16k a tick low for an attacker but worth it if your running schools to help lower the cost and casting inspire army and patriotism 24/7 to keep draft/military wages down so you get your monies worth

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    If you can get 1.5 bpa/hr from learn attacks, then they're worth the trouble.

what does 1.5bpa/hr mean? 1.5 bpa per hour?

Post Demon
    It means exactly what it implies. Take a learn attack that gives you 60k books on 2000 acres. The attack gave you 30 bpa. Divide that by the time it took you to make the attack... so if the attack took 10 hours, you'd get 3 bpa/hr. Simple enough.

Of course this assumes you can find a steady supply of good targets the second armies return home, and attack 24/7, which is not practical.

Post Fiend
    There's nothing stopping you from researching science at the same time you're doing learns, although at a much lower rate. Still adds up though.

Post Demon
    Of course you would invest in science if you're going through the trouble of random learn-attacking.
    It's a question of whether learn is worthwhile compared to traditional marches, or doing nothing and not losing your offensive troops on an attack that doesn't produce enough profit.
    Offensive losses are too expensive to be wasted on learn attacks that don't produce good results.

Post Fiend
    That would depend on race/personality/build, and how much gains science the attacker already has. If there aren't any good learn targets, then yea, just go for acres/plunders.

Thread Information