Thread: DW Sage build needs tweaking

Question DW Sage build needs tweaking

So, I came back after a loooooong break, and I need some help with my DW Sage build.
    I am in a Ghetto kingdom doing 1?-2 attacks each day, so pure attacker, but for some reason I just can't get my DW's to work as I want em to :(
    My population is 29,29ppa (Gonna aim for 31PPA in next sci pump)
    This is what I have now.
    1. Homes: (15%)
    2. Farms: (12%)
    3. Banks: (18%)
    4. Training Grounds: (10%)
    5. Military Barracks: (15%)
    6. Guilds: (12%)
    7. Towers: (4%)
    8. Stables: (11%)
    9. Dungeons: (3%)

Any pointers on what to change to make this work better is welcome, but please, be constructive :)

Thanks in advance

Veteran
    well im also running sage, but not dwarf...
    As for gaining sci I use about 10% schools to keep the sci costs nil so I can afford some leets/buildings to rebuild.
    And I keep armies out 24/7 im not running stables or dungeons my build is a bit different than yours
    I am running
    1) homes 7.7%
    2) farms 8.9%
    3)banks 17.8%
    4) Training Grounds 13.7%
    5) Barracks 14.3%
    6) Hospitals 14.1%
    7) guilds 8.9%
    8) towers [the one for runes] 3.4%
    9) schools 10.6 %

my suggestion would be run some schools for the lower sci costs so you can get more bpa and benefit more from yoru personality, as I said I can run sustained with this build and it only cost 10% total income, but then again. The way I am built is set up to keep me stabilized if I get chained. As a dwarf the stables could be useful however, I do not know, the dungeons I would approve of to help with offense/BE% but as a sage and having +15% BE already you can run a higher draft than most heavy attackers and maintain easily a 90-95% given the right science pumps and rates and research in your province (given your running 70% draft) I mean I am running 60+ and still maintain a 90 -85% BE the only time it drops below this range is when I get hit hard and heavy.

That is my build, i know for heavy attacker and should run dungeons but as a sage, I find it more useful to have the schools for lower sci cost so I can run higher rates and more protection from learn attacks

This is my feed back and my build

Post Demon
    Dwarf should not use homes as part of a normal build... nor should anyone. Homes will only screw you over when you get hit, if you are at max population.
    Don't need that many stables, without having good training.
    No hospitals makes you very fragile in war, and take huge losses on every landgrab.

But the big issue is homes, because homes are generally a terrible building for attackers compared to most everything else.

Schools might be helpful when raising science out of war.

Post Fiend
    I think homes are wasted on dwarf. Better put into %-based buildings. I would put 15% homes into hospitals.

Once you gather some nice income and channeling science, you might want to convert to an A/m build - reduce banks, bump up those towers so you can drop a few FBs on opponents.

I would also drop the stables (again a waste for dwarf's %BE bonus) for more TGs, WTs . Or GS.

Just my opinion!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnomilk View Post
    I think homes are wasted on dwarf. Better put into %-based buildings. I would put 15% homes into hospitals.

Once you gather some nice income and channeling science, you might want to convert to an A/m build - reduce banks, bump up those towers so you can drop a few FBs on opponents.

I would also drop the stables (again a waste for dwarf's %BE bonus) for more TGs, WTs . Or GS.

Just my opinion!

I agree with your opinion about the stables/homes however, keeping atleast 4% as a dwarf for birth rates added with LP

Thanks for some very nice info guys, I appreciate it :)

Gonna convert to this and try that out.

1. Homes: (4%)
    2. Farms: (11%)
    3. Banks: (19%)
    4. Training Grounds: (14%)
    5. Military Barracks: (10%)
    6. Hospitals: (15%)
    7. Guilds: (12%)
    8. Towers: (5%)
    9. Schools: (10%)

Thanks again

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunex View Post
    Thanks for some very nice info guys, I appreciate it :)

Gonna convert to this and try that out.

1. Homes: (4%)
    2. Farms: (11%)
    3. Banks: (19%)
    4. Training Grounds: (14%)
    5. Military Barracks: (10%)
    6. Hospitals: (15%)
    7. Guilds: (12%)
    8. Towers: (5%)
    9. Schools: (10%)

Thanks again
    Any time mate, I hope my suggestions helped you... :D and yeah 10% rax with quickfeet I think would be easy to get fast return times :P

id get rid of the 4% homes and use them somewhere else. 0 homes = best homes.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Dwarf should not use homes as part of a normal build... nor should anyone.
    what about faerys ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Demon
    I stand corrected... homes do make sense for a t/m. Even then, the homes might be better spent on towers if rune supply becomes an issue for your kingdom, especially if playing as a mystic. 30% mystic towers might seem like overkill, but it works great for feeding runes to your kingdom.

Post Fiend
    Even 10% homes will effect dwarf food supply greatly.Without homes you can get away with 10% farm or 8% with science.

oow/pump build ~ 8epa 2dspa 1tpa
    10% farms
    30% banks
    20% schools
    10% tgs
    25% guilds, unless 2wpa is reached
    5% towers

near start of hostile, drop to rushed, phase in arms and pool gc. train to 12+epa 2tpa and 6dspa in that order. (for lower tier provinces, increase epa and decrease dspa) 16 hours before hostile, convert buildings without bb.

10% farms
    10% banks (unless excess gc for wages)
    20% tgs
    20% rax
    10% forts (unless bottom tier in which case increase tgs/rax, or gs in middle tier)
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    15% gs

train dspecs through hostile/war with credits + gc

donate 10% of kd acres to octobrev upon war win
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Octo may I ask why you are not using some hostpitals? and raise towers to 7-8% for a few fb's?

because I was writing a paper. banks -> hosps. totally don't need them if you time your build correctly then take on acres.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thread Information