Thread: First time TM player, requesting some feedback.

First time TM player, requesting some feedback.

Hi, and thanks in advance for the feedback.
    I played alot until now but only as pure attacker, and after a break I came back last age as attacker also, but due to my work schedule, I decided to play TM this age, Faery/Mystic(because I am not able to send army out as the return).

My build atm looks like this because I am doing a sci pump:

Farms 6%
    Banks 16%
    Forts 15%
    Guilds 10%
    Towers 13%
    TD 20
    Schools 20%

I would change the Schools for Libs afther the pump.

DPA(With army out): 93
    OPA: I am Faery....I have no OPA :P
    TPA: 14,1
    WPA: 7,2
    PPA: 6,97
    BPA: 455
    Draft 60%, last war I used 65%

What I would like from you guys, is a rough guideline to what number I should try to get higher, what is too much, etc.
    How many of you guys use/think Libs are a must? How many Libs % are ok, or are too many. Advice to tweek the province?
    Thank you.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Wpa should be a tad higher. You need 4x the enemy wpa to reliably cast the harder spells. Also, the general rule of thumb for libraries is 1% for every 120bpa, starting at 5%. (Or something like that).

why do you have 16% banks and all those tds? during a pump, you should be at 25% banks and way less tds. as long as you are active you dont need the tds and you will get a better sci pump. post your war build up here to so we can critique it.
    What does 1337 mean?

Post Fiend
    Personally I'd say your DPA is too low. You probably should be looking at 120-160 DPA. (You cannot become truly unbreakable, since bigger attackers and conquests (or even bounces) will ultimately get to you, but you should try to stay out of reach of the attackers your own size so they cannot break you with traditional attacks at will)
    Fit in the defense first, then get WPA/TPA as you see fit. (will vary with your honor/science)

As I see it, a TM can be either breakable or useful but rarely both.

As for Libraries, I remember someone saying 5% Libraries per 500 BPA. Personally I got 1000 BPA last age before incorporating Lib's. (That was a Faery/Mystic aswell)
    Personally I'd also keep the TD's. As long as you use your stealth for robbing others, they are probably worth it.

@ Palem I expected from you a more elaborate answer ;). Do you use Libs Palem?
    @ Marve:) I had around 6 PPA when I started pumping. 15% or 25 % Banks did not do such a big difference. I then built the TD's for robing. I have apparently more income this way. But I might be wrong.
    As for war build, I do not know yet. As I said it's my first time playing TM. And we only had one war, and during that war I pumped my WPA, I had 35% guilds, so I can not say I realy have a war build developed, bat What I posted in my original post should be it. with libs instead schools. But please, feel free to give me your opinions and the build and on what you think I can improve.
    @ Jotun: My DPA is as it is cause I have around 6100 elites and 3300 def specs. With all elite army I would be around the 120DPA, I do not want to retrain the def specs now cause I will be using them for dragon staying, and I think I will allways keep some for that matter, so I might not be able to reach that 120DPA.
    Please explain to me how in the world am I do get 160DPA and still be useful at anything, cause I truly fail to understand???? As I see it with 160DPA I will just be a useless province in my KD, but I might be just a noob at playing TM.

Post Fiend
    When I wrote 120-160 DPA, I meant from 120 to 160 DPA.
    While 120 DPA is achieveable now, 160 DPA might be more of a goal as the age progresses and you gain bonuses from Science and Honor.

Utopia is dynamic, and so should your province be. The strat and numbers you are running now, should definately have changed when the age is half way or even later right ?
    So as age progresses, your stats will have to change a long with it. People's offense will go up, so you must adapt and increase your DPA. TPA/WPA of attackers will increase, so you must increase you stats as well to continue to have success. By getting more science/honor you get get the necessary resources to do this.
    (Nearing the end of last age I had ~150DPA and my sciences were not particularly good - and I know there were others around with better stats)

The reason I'm saying you should get a higher DPA now, is that my current Orc, which is in no way exceptional, can reach 115 OPA quite easily. If I can get this, others can as well. And our offense will increase as the age moves on, so if you wish to keep your resources, you need to increase your DPA as well.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm not running libraries yet. When I het some better science going I'll definitely be running some.

Thread Information