Thread: Elysion's Draft Calculator

Elysion's Draft Calculator

I wasn't really sure where to make this thread, but I'll try here.

This is a small application to calculate how long it will take for you to reach your desired draft rate.

I was really bored with writing my thesis yesterday, and was kinda depressed that my thesis didn't include any programming at all.
    At the same time I was really wondering what I should put my draft rate on, to have all soldiers drafted and ready for 20th of February and by that have all troops trained by the time we go OOW. But doing the all the calculations seemed boring, especially since I would have to do it for every draft rate and with or without patriotism.

What I ended up with was writing a little application to do the calculations for me.
    I also made it possible to copy a formatted throne into the application, to save lazy people from having to write in all the necessary information themselves (only works with throne formatted by Angel). The application is pretty simple, and I haven't added any visual effects at all. But it does the job, and from the testing I've done so far it seems to be very accurate :)

Features:
    - Past your formatted throne to automatically add peasant number, total population and current draft rate. This can also be added manually
    - Can calculate with all draft rates (Reservist, Normal, Aggressive and Emergency)
    - Option to include patriotism and/or dragon
    - By setting your wanted draft rate, the application will calculate how many ticks it will take to reach it

I suppose it's still in beta phase so it might be some bugs. I've also only tested it on Windows, so I'm not sure if it works on linux/mac. Actually I'm pretty sure it won't work, but if someone could test it that would be great.
    Dunno if it's REALLY needed, but I did it more because I was bored and thought it would be fun. But I would appreciate it if you tried it, and could give me some feedback. If you even find it useful, that would make me very happy.
    At the moment it doesn't calculate with peasant growth, as that would mean the program would need a lot more info and I would have to do a lot more programming. Maybe I'll add it in the future if I'm still bored.

And yes, I can guarantee that it's no virus. I don't even know how to make one..heh.
    To run it, simply run the UtopiaDraftRate.exe. The .dll-files are some libraries the application needs to be able to run.

For those who are interested I developed it in C++ using QtCreator.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://goo.gl/f84AU (The link is created with google url shortener, and links to the zip-file for download from my public dropbox-folder. Just in case you think the url looks suspicious or anything. I use it because I wanna track number of downloads)

I hope you like it :)
    At least I found it useful, as I now know I need to put my draft rate on aggressive + patriotism to be able to finish drafting in time.

PS: The current draft rate is taken from angel's estimate from the throne. If you have troops in training, angel will guess a wrong draft rate.
    So if you have troops in training, you would have to manually change the draft rate to the correct amount.

EDIT:
    This is how it looks like: http://imgur.com/8vI9f
    Last edited by Elysion; 03-06-2012 at 22:17.

If you try it, I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

Regular
    I like it. Good job

Regular
    woaaahhh free wall of text with that calculator!
    Sorry to hear that you have a programmingless thesis D=

Btw... In the case that your KD didn't go OOW at 20th of February... would you be screwed with false calculations?
    Countess Tiffany the Invincible
    ◥Dat kungdum formerly known as HUNG3R◤
    Kingdom (now only about half) Full of Hungry Chinese Girls

Thanks, Tasy.

Not sure if I understand your question Tiffany. I wouldn't be screwed, no.
    I only wanted to draft soldiers as economically as possible and still make sure I had all troops trained by the time we went OOW.

great work elysion, I've been meaning to do something like this for a while, so i threw together an online version:

http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/drafter/

(much respect to machiavelli and ata for their PRO skillz)
    Last edited by Angelus; 04-06-2012 at 22:02. Reason: type-o
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Heh, I guess you beat me to it. I've been working a bit on an online version as well, but I'm new to javascript so it's going rather slow.

Looks good though :)

Post Fiend
    Whenever I goto the k3ltic page I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /utopia/drafter/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.k3ltic.com Port 80

And it is sooo annoying because other people tell me the page works fine.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Excellent been wanting something like this.

Strategy Moderator
    FV=PV*(1-DR)^t

on wincalc (or wolframalpha) also works fine =]

I am more simplistic, been using this baby for ages.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...t%20v1.07.xlsx

Like the overview, though more manual labour.
    Made for eowcf.
    pewpew

no balls no glory (c) BMW

Thread Information