Thread: Plague Risk Higher on Tough Battle?

Enthusiast

Plague Risk Higher on Tough Battle?

There seems to be some ancient Utopian lore that the risk of contracting the plague is higher on a tough battle than if you oversend. Is there anything to it or is it just a myth?

Post Fiend
    I wouldn't be surprised, many things (credits, elite conversions, losses) are tied to tough battles.

Is not myth. The tougher the battle the greater the chance. More specs convert to leets as well like igotnomilk said
    Icy 4 8

Enthusiast
    Okay, thanks. The impression I have from memory is that it's right as well, but never tested and haven't found confirmation anywhere.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    Is not myth. The tougher the battle the greater the chance. More specs convert to leets as well like igotnomilk said
    Is that something you have confirmed with the devs? I see no reason why it would be true, but you never know with Mehul. I wouldn't take anyone's word for it if it wasn't confirmed with the devs though.

Enthusiast
    One thing that gives me doubt is that I seem to recall the guide maybe actually said as much once but it doesn't anymore. I wonder if the mechanic changed or that information was determined to be inaccurate or something. Any other info is much appreciated. I guess we could test it, but no time now we're in the middle of a war.

In another thread about plague Bishop said that the plague mechanics haven't been changed in years. I do doubt over sending does anything, though.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Is that something you have confirmed with the devs? I see no reason why it would be true, but you never know with Mehul. I wouldn't take anyone's word for it if it wasn't confirmed with the devs though.
    undead have been my main race since they were introduced with no combat losses :-P so yes its been tested for many many ages.
    Icy 4 8

I have never heard this myth in the first place :/
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    I've also never heard this myth and doubt it's validity.
    While I've never actively tested plague chances, I'm also unaware of anyone else who has. So unless someone does, or devs let us know, I would not consider this the case.
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Never heard this. Also do not believe this. Conversion rates are based on how much you needed to break so that you cannot abuse system by just bottomfeeding 10000% or oversending. You will convert the same number of elites if you send 104% or 120% but the conversion rate will be lower. This is done for obvious reasons.

The plague stuff your talking about makes no sense
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information