47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romney

14 29.79%
  • Obama

33 70.21%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney or Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    (schizophrenia) . . .most commonly manifests itself as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction
    As a religious person I can tell you that this is nothing like religion.

I hear the voice of god, he tells me that all liberals are secretly Muslims trying to impose sharia law on the west. In my congregation we speak in tongues and we know that the bible proves the bible.

Also; we wear magic underwear.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Is speaking in tongues like french kissing?
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    Is speaking in tongues like french kissing?
    If you're really bad at kissing, probably.

my problem with Romney is his double standards- his money is not in a US savings account, he somehow intentionally/unintentionally avoided the draft (serving as a missionary or college), none of his kids have served in the military yet he wants to send everyone else's children to fight in another war- his layoffs when he was governor contracted state employee jobs overseas = he also doesn't expect to win in the state where he did serve as governor which to me speaks volumes

I believe, between Romney or Obama, Obama is the most likely to get the congress/senate to listen to the majority of the people, to take what is going on with the average person into consideration, not just big business and come up with a way to help both (automotive industry for example)- he has the personality to do so and the background to know what it is like and care- he's also openminded enough to change his personal opinions based upon new knowledge (ie discrimination against others based on sexual identify or preference, including marriage- his view has evolved during his presidency)

however given all that, yes the Presidential role does not have the power most people think it does- things are kept from the American people including those running for office which they learn later and their policy becomes shaped in a way I'm sure they didn't even anticipate while running based on that new information- every country keeps things from its citizens, the US is no different- additionally the senate/congress are needed to pass the laws, if they dont' agree it doesn't pass; and yes money, as ugly as it is, does influence policy- they're policians they need money to support their campaigns additionally who has the money to pay for legislative advocates to get the laws passed that are most in their interest - and no, one individual vote does not matter; however, how are they supposed to take into account what the majority of the people would chose if the majority will not vote?

Post Fiend
    Removed comment because most people here dont have a clue on who Obama really is. Guess what they say is true. Ignorance is bliss, but still ignorant.
    Last edited by Azartyn; 17-07-2012 at 20:43.

I sense another republicant
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Azartyn View Post
    Removed comment because most people here dont have a clue on who Obama really is. Guess what they say is true. Ignorance is bliss, but still ignorant.
    At least let's hear what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I sense another republicant
    I sense a birther or some derivative thereof. lol.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    As a religious person I can tell you that this is nothing like religion.

I hear the voice of god, he tells me that all liberals are secretly Muslims trying to impose sharia law on the west. In my congregation we speak in tongues and we know that the bible proves the bible.

Also; we wear magic underwear.
    Please at least try to learn what Mormons actually do and believe before mocking them.

Implying I was solely referring to Mormons.

besides; You got an imaginary friend? that's enough for me to mock you on, the magic underwear and posthumous conversions are just gravy that I can take or leave.

#tactics

I guess if you want to make fun of everyone who is religious that's fine by me.

On topic: I think many people are putting the blame on Obama for the bad economy, but he'll still get reelected.

Post Demon
    The economy will be bad no matter who sits in the office - the problem is our economy is designed to fail, and too many people want that failure, because that's the world they want. You'd have to remove all of the people who benefit from general poverty and exploitation before that will change, and that's a pretty long list of people.

Who benefits from poverty?

Romney is imploding, the RNC still might pull him. lol.

#tactics

Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    Who benefits from poverty?
    Everybody who could make use of desperate people who will work at any wage no matter how low.

Security firms and any other company that makes money when people get scared about getting robbed, raped or worse.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Thread Information