47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romney

14 29.79%
  • Obama

33 70.21%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney or Obama?

Who benefits from slavery?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

nike?
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Whip manufacturers? ;)
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Everybody who could make use of desperate people who will work at any wage no matter how low.
    But those same people benefit from prosperity. If people can't afford a $500 iPad you have to lower your prices.

Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    But those same people benefit from prosperity. If people can't afford a $500 iPad you have to lower your prices.
    You let people in an under developed country make those for slave wages so you have a higher margin when you sell them in western world. Henry Ford had a much better system but then again, he didn't have to take **** from selfish @$$hole stock owners.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Corporations and educated self interest are not notorious for going hand in hand. We've seen quite a few companies and corporations make monumentally bad decisions simply because the individuals and CEOs etc have no skin in the game.

And you are presuming they are going to employ in the same market they want to sell to, if they can take advantage of near slave labour in Taiwan or wherever and then sell to high income professionals or privileged people around the world they're going to be happy with that.

Don't assume apple are going to pay people enough money to buy an iPad because a) they don't have to, they will just sell to place that do have minimum wage regulations at a decent living wage etc and b) they have already shown that that is not their business model.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    You let people in an under developed country make those for slave wages so you have a higher margin when you sell them in western world. Henry Ford had a much better system but then again, he didn't have to take **** from selfish @$$hole stock owners.
    I guess I should clarify my original question. Who benefits from American poverty?

I guess I should clarify my original question. Who benefits from American poverty?
    Pretty much the same people. Many poor people are poor because they have few options, so they often can't afford to turn down a job just because the pay is low.

But if the entire world is poor except for a few companies, those companies are going to have a hard time selling much of anything. When you don't know if you can afford to eat, you aren't going to buy anything but the basic necessities, no matter how cheap something is. I guess you could argue that businesses would benefit from increasing the disparity between the rich and the poor, but I don't see how they'll benefit from a failed economy unless they plan to export from the US.

But if the entire world is poor except for a few companies, those companies are going to have a hard time selling much of anything. When you don't know if you can afford to eat, you aren't going to buy anything but the basic necessities, no matter how cheap something is. I guess you could argue that businesses would benefit from increasing the disparity between the rich and the poor, but I don't see how they'll benefit from a failed economy unless they plan to export from the US.
    A worker can produce a certain amount goods (including food) and services per year. The people in charge then create the income disparity and use it to make sure a small group (the people in charge) gets a disproportionally large share of that. The people in the middle are the people who's skills are valuable enough that they can command better wages. This middle group is what makes the poor believe in the American dream.

It makes sense, but I'm still not convinced that there are "too many people" that want the economy to fail as nooblet said.

Post Demon
    Americans often spend far beyond their means. We have a government that's willing to drop millions, billions of dollars into artificially stimulating demand just to keep consumerism afloat.

Poverty isn't limited to starvation - though you'd be surprised just how much malnutrition and inadequate housing is a problem in America. The latter is more prominent - and of course it's exacerbated because the authorities would rather punish the poor for living in squalid conditions and threaten to raze what homes they have, so they can forcibly acquire the land for their land-owning buddies who can build another complex that serves no purpose whatso****ingever.

Post Demon
    And yes, there are too many people who benefit from having a underclass to scapegoat for the world's problems, and not just rich capitalists. The police and most of the educational sector wouldn't be so bloated if there weren't a large underclass that "needed to be controlled". Why the underclass must be so tightly controlled is never fully explained, but the answer is ultimately "because we are better than them, and that is the way the world should be". Kind of sickening to see so much suffering so that a few middle class people can feel better about themselves.

I want the economy to fail. The faster it does the faster we can dream up a new one!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

cthulhu why choose the lesser evil

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-75IV72n8l1...dagon-2012.jpg
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thread Information