Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Human/Merchant Build Help!

I will definitely worry less about my BE, thanks.

I'm one of the larger provs in my kingdom, and I worry about being chained but I'm not stupid/I typically can find easy attacks so I try to make myself hard to hit- with a higher draft I think most KD's we'd war I could become unbreakable with a little tweaking.

I demolished my homes already; other than what was still being built(>.<) which I will just keep for now as I'm preparing for war.

Yeah I see T/M importance with homes, that makes more sense than on attackers.

I will probably try to incorporate forts in the future- probably once I don't need quite as many guilds.

What % forts would be a minimum to make it worthwhile?
    What % TD would you advise for an A/t?

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Christophersen View Post
    What % forts would be a minimum to make it worthwhile?
    What % TD would you advise for an A/t?

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.
    I wouldn't go much over 20% Forts and i wouldn't run under 10% TD if i included either in my build. However both % of Forts and TD are highly dependent on what your specific goal/need is at the time.

Thus for the exact % of TD its going to be build/kd dependent for example if your facing a kd with low average TPA you might value other buildings higher than TD and find 10% is fine. However if you are facing a kd with lots of thieves/high WT you might find you need 20% so you can use your theives as def/mitigate WT losses.

Similarly for Forts the % you run is going to be based on the def you want. For example say you are looking for war and find a nice kd. If your ALMOST unbreakable or trying to start war 100% unbreakable you might want to up forts to say 20% while your attackers chain or T/M ns any threats.
    If you look and you are very breakable you might want say 5% so you go safe from double taps by the biggest offense.
    Heck you might want to run 0% because you are not unbreakable and 20% puts you almost there. So you dont run any in hopes that your left alone while the other kd takes out larger"threats" while your kd works on hurting their attackers offense. Then with incoming land from a hit you build ONLY forts and jump to 15-20% during war so your def spikes and you become very safe, thus having hid your "power" pre/early war.

Important thing is to not have a fixed % that you MUST build to in mind, nothing wrong with saying hey you should run X% forts, Y% TD but it doesn't give the full picture. Its the reason why running a hybrid/unbreakable attacker is one of the more difficult concepts in the game.

I am thinking something like:

10% Fort
    12% Hospital
    13% TD
    15% TG
    10% Racks
    8% Farm
    7% Tower
    10% Guilds
    15% Banks

Something like that. And like you said, depending on KD, alter it.
    Last edited by Christophersen; 06-06-2012 at 16:38.

Strategy Moderator
    I am thinking something like:

Something like that. And like you said, depending on KD, alter it.
    Im sure others could tweak the heck out of that to truly maximize your prov based on leet/spec mix where u are in the kd, your kd size and their own personal preference but its not a bad start to work from to see how it works for you. The only "suggestion" i might make is make sure you have a nice cache of runes built up (either via aid/plunder or higher % towers pre war) as 7% is unlikely to fully support as much ToG as you want to be casting. But you can always steal runes/get aid or increase % of towers as u build up a bit of mana during war so as long as your flexible and you completely alter your build with incoming acres anticipating future needs you'll be fine.

I pump gold into my KD and the T/M's give me runes to keep our trade balances somewhat leveled.

Its working out so far :P

Strategy Moderator
    I pump gold into my KD and the T/M's give me runes to keep our trade balances somewhat leveled.

Its working out so far :P
    Thus the via aid comment :P

Post Demon
    That build looks good enough.
    The exact numbers on buildings can vary, so long as you have the right types. There are too many variables to say which is the exact best build to have.
    During war the tendencies is to build large amounts of one or two particular building types that you will need in the near future, rather than try to keep everything as it is. With a lot of population and landfatness, banks and towers become much more important, especially once the initial enemy resource piles are stolen or destroyed.

Regular
    I've been reading this thread, and I think this quite hasn't been answered: can someone help? For a human/sage in a ghetto, what is a good build going into war? And what is the appropriate set of buildings to upkeep if chained? And if not chained?

And how is that different for a Human Merchant?

Please dumb your answers down for me :)

EDIT: I understand what some posts have said, that it's very context dependent, but as a general rule of thumb. In my KD around 15 people are fairly clueless, and I don't want to overburden them with choice till they find their bearing.
    Last edited by barbrolie; 08-06-2012 at 13:15. Reason: added stuff.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by barbrolie View Post
    I've been reading this thread, and I think this quite hasn't been answered: can someone help? For a human/sage in a ghetto, what is a good build going into war? And what is the appropriate set of buildings to upkeep if chained? And if not chained?

And how is that different for a Human Merchant?
    Simple answer is about the same as the merchant build, human is human. In big ghettos activity is key so as long as your active a basic build is fine.

Digging a bit deeper at a bear minimum your going to end up being different in that once u get decent science you'll run libraries. Build 1% for each 100 bpa once you reach 500 bpa. Your aim will be for between 5-15% thus 400 bpa~0 lib, 500 bpa =5% 1000 bpa =10%, 1500=15% 2500=15%. In addition as you have a better science you can probably draft a bit higher and thus will have larger military and higher raw/mod tpa's. There's more to it too but this will start you off nicely.

Thread Information