Thread: Pre-war Waving Questions

Pre-war Waving Questions

I'm in a pretty ghetto KD. We like wars though, but when we wave instead of massacring like I think is normal, we typically trad march chain the same peoples.

When is it better to do massacres?

I feel like IF they do bite back, we are just setting them up for better gains since we are plumper if we take land pre-war.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks

Forum Addict
    if you massacre pre-war and give button, you are chain bait. if you are core and they are faeries, you'd have to d oa huge amount of massacres to do enough damage to hurt their opping. Althoug has they are all elite with no hospitals you will drop their defense enough that you can chain or max gain off of them in war.

send out messages requesting war. Can send out like 6 messages at a time, but can only really wave 1. If you are waving, I like either TM'ing into orc with troops home, or if i think they aren't going to necessarily bite, and im only giving 14 points, ill do learn waves. Although with learn now giving 2 points instead of 1 that's not as good.

Veteran
    I agree with topsy, a massacre would be quite a bit more useful if you ask me, and if you can take out one of their T/M's before the war even hits then you are set in good standards

Post Demon
    Massacre pre-war is garbage unless you have a guarantee of war declaration.

If you landwave and get an immediate declaration of war, your provinces are no more landfat, but theirs get pumped up slightly due to gbp. However, hitting for land against an overdrafted target will kill more peasants than a massacre, and set the target up to be land-chained easily. Additonally, the gained land usually gives the best benefit, adds a buffer against enemies who chain you, and gives build/spec credits.

I'd rather use Plunder/Learn in the opening wave, unless I want to put a lot of massacres on a t/m or hybrid province. Even then, massacres out of war are weak, and only piss off the target kingdom if there is no war declaration.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    I'd rather use Plunder/Learn in the opening wave, unless I want to put a lot of massacres on a t/m or hybrid province. Even then, massacres out of war are weak, and only piss off the target kingdom if there is no war declaration.
    Other option is 5-6 hits+start dragon. Wait 12 hours move on if u dont have a dragon started against you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Massacre pre-war is garbage unless you have a guarantee of war declaration.

If you landwave and get an immediate declaration of war, your provinces are no more landfat, but theirs get pumped up slightly due to gbp. However, hitting for land against an overdrafted target will kill more peasants than a massacre, and set the target up to be land-chained easily. Additonally, the gained land usually gives the best benefit, adds a buffer against enemies who chain you, and gives build/spec credits.

ahh I see, thanks for the information!! I will keep this in mind when talking to my leaders we just entered a war :D

Thread Information