Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI: dicing is overpowered

Postaholic

FYI: dicing is overpowered

If all you ever did was diced, and never attacked or were attacked, you would now be in the top 30.

The removal of exploration is truly glorious.

Post Fiend
    That's what makes utopia great I can do whatever I want.... If want to war I should be able to and If I want to grow who should stop me? Sure growing bigger and getting more science makes you stronger then smaller kds but everyone has the option to do it. Why make one set path of Play? I like variety!

Dicing is still overpowered for top KD's who can use it to secure land position while early to mid age top CF's are in place. If position is secured, you can dice away freely for whole age if it suited.

If your dicing in a ghetto, then the chances are your trying to secure land with high dpa and little offence modifiers, which generally means you will get grabbed by top KD's until you are under their range.

So at the moment dicing is land generation for top kd's who can dice while grabing ghetto dicers land further down the chain

TFC is a nice but not perfect sample of this

This needs to be modifed somehow as probaly most diced land is done by the top and is filtered to the top through attacks. Utopia however still needs a form of land generation
    Last edited by donk; 07-06-2012 at 07:27.

Remove dicing and exploring.

Make minimum gains 2% regardless of range.

AGE 55 - GENOCIDE OF THE NOOBS

Forum Addict
    I feel like this is the kind of thing jdorje would have fixed, had he been allowed to make the changes.

Sigh.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Dicing is a sad part of this game that is way to overpowered.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    The first age that dicing was added the age was won by a dicing kingdom, should have been a clue really.

Most players wants it removed or capped so i dont see why nothing ever happens.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Post Fiend
    Your wizards gather 8,239 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. Our mages created 2 acres more land for us to use.

:(
    aka: p K // Make Uto Great Again !!

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Most players wants it removed or capped so i dont see why nothing ever happens.
    Been there, done that about age 43/44 i believe. We took half dice gains from the pool and full dice gains from the pool. The tears from the lower ranked kds flooded the forum.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Been there, done that about age 43/44 i believe. We took half dice gains from the pool and full dice gains from the pool. The tears from the lower ranked kds flooded the forum.
    I almost forgot about that...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Post Fiend
    Perhaps just make exploring cheaper, without increasing the explore pool by much and then remove dicing. That way, the top kingdoms explore away quickly from the rest (so lower ranked kds quickly become too small for them to grab), but they actually empty their pools after a few weeks, forcing them to grab eachother for any more acres they might want to get.
    It could lead to problems with individual provinces exploring away when the rest of their kingdom doesn't use the pool much, so perhaps exploring should become a lot more expensive for any province that has explored much more than the rest of his/her kingdom.

Remove dicing and exploring for an age and see what happens.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    Remove dicing and exploring for an age and see what happens.
    As others have said even just puting diceing from explore pool was bad. You do this and the average ghetto runs on 50 acres

Post Fiend
    im guessing half the ghetto player will quite from being farmed by top kd constantly all age...

Thread Information