Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Free War Win

also finalcalm, another good thing to do would be to find some friends in other kds who can help during these situations. everyone that posted in this has at least a couple people they can turn to in situations like this. also, the people in this thread wouldnt have that problem because of the kds they are in. but you get the point, make friends, they help.
    What does 1337 mean?

He's just bluffing. Sit tight and let them have as many ops can you can manage. MS, Amnesia, NS, Tornadoes, FB, Greed, Riots. Sooner or later his kingdom will get fed up with their idiot monarch and either they will replace him and accept CF or the monarch will slowly watch his provinces desert one by one which will eventually give you a perfect situation to declare and hand him his ass.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Forum Addict
    Actually, you may be able to destroy his kingdom with ops and carefully placed retaliation, then declare and take a warwin.

Regular
    I don't see how it's a fake war. Seeing how the guy said "you can", not "you must". Obviously anyone can surrender in a war, but they don't "have" to. If that makes sense to anyone. It sounds like the OP pissed off someone though. I'm sure there's more than one side to this story.

Also pretty sad how some people are actually suggesting a bigger kingdom to bully another kingdom.
    Last edited by hoshino; 12-06-2012 at 18:48.

because what they're doing Hoshino isn't bullying? And just the fact that he gave those terms in the first place shows that he wants a fakewar

Regular
    I don't see how any part of the terms are "fake war". In no part did the person mention you guys needed to surrender unconditionally. He clearly expected a fight, which you guys seemed very reluctant to provide.

#4 makes this pretty clear to me. "4) You can attack and use ops on my kingdom during this war. You can treat it as a real war. My kingdom wants a fight anyway." The fact that you can "attack and use ops" and "treat it as a real war" makes it clear that its NOT a fake war. This is further supported by the statement "My kingdom wants a fight anyway".

I just don't see how this is a fake war man... You just seem to be shying away from a real war.

The #4 term doesn't matter, terms #1 and #3 constitute fake war.
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    I don't see how #1 constitutes to a fake war. The person stated he can surrender. Anyone can surrender a war. Can and must are different, maybe you misunderstood this.

Term 4 also negates whatever was in term 3. A real war with ops and attacks, how is that not a real war? I don't understand.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshino View Post
    I don't see how #1 constitutes to a fake war. The person stated he can surrender. Anyone can surrender a war. Can and must are different, maybe you misunderstood this.

Term 4 also negates whatever was in term 3. A real war with ops and attacks, how is that not a real war? I don't understand.
    DHaran assumes that #1 means you MUST surrender, thats y it'd be a fake war, as in give us a win and we'll leave u alone. #3 is u are not allowed to op "me as king" but #4 feel free to try to win by oping the rest of my kd means its a fake war as that guy is proposing war terms that leave him out of the action as king.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    The #4 term doesn't matter, terms #1 and #3 constitute fake war.
    You beat me to it :(
    And the rest of it is bullying which is also frowned upon, but afaik it isn't against the rules. Try to get some help from other KDs if you can.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Post Demon
    ... It sounds like the OP pissed off someone though. I'm sure there's more than one side to this story.

Also pretty sad how some people are actually suggesting a bigger kingdom to bully another kingdom.
    Note, I said I'd be raze-killing *someone* if there were intentional hits coming into a war I was fighting. Didn't specify *who* - that depends on which kingdom I judged to be in the wrong. So, while it sounds (here) like a fairly open and shut case of a bullying, bad monarch picking on a inexperienced monarch/kingdom... I'd have to look at it in game before I'd take either side. (And, given how hot my current war is - I ain't spending a single stealth on a SN.)

To OP: Take a careful look at your actions. Does the other kingdom have a point? If you aren't sure, lay it out as honest as you can to someone else. If they've got a point, but are blowing it out of proportion - maybe discretion is the better part of valor. Consider knocking off the ops for 24 or so, *eating the hits*, and then triggering war against a reasonably matched opponent. Sometimes jerks do win, especially if you are a bit of one first. Being a lighter shade of gray doesn't buy you much - take your lumps, and trust karma to punk the other guys eventually.

If you look over your actions, and there is *nothing* questionable about them - then the enemy basically deserve anything you can dish out. Truly holding the moral high ground does give you license to fight dirty when you have to - just make sure you establish your goals and stop when you meet them. Multi-kingdom raze fest ruins anyone's age, and there are plenty of kingdoms out there that'd give a hand if you can prove they enemy deserves it. If nothing else - try tracking down another kingdom you've warred this or last age, as often they respect you for the good fight.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by Finalcalm View Post
    1) We will have a war. You can surrender ASAP once the war starts. We'll have a ceasefire and then that will be the end of it. No more attacks no more ops after the war ends.
    The way that comes off to me is that he wants an immediate CF so he gets the win, rather than completing the full 48 hour minimum war time. If he meant a mintime WD, then it's worded poorly. Regardless, #3 is still a fake war violation. #3 states that HIS province would be safe from ops and attacks, this is illegal.
    S E C R E T S

i called off ops and attacks days ago and they've continued. im off to work and i don't have time atm but when i get back ill post the exchange me and the other monarch had so you guys can get a better understanding of whats going on and see who appears to be wrong or right.

Tell him to come onto the boards, I'd like to talk to him and find out why he's being so unreasonable. If he's been hitting you he should have already made significant acre profits and moved on. Sounds like he's being childish and just trying to bully. You should rally a few other ghettos and start razekilling his provinces.

If this early in the age you aren't capable of moving on from a target because they hurt your feelings or wasted your time, you aren't being a very good leader. He needs to realize it's time to move on and stop ruining the game for your kingdom (and his).
    S E C R E T S

Veteran
    DHaran
    If this early in the age you aren't capable of moving on from a target because they hurt your feelings or wasted your time, you aren't being a very good leader.

This made me laugh so hard, cause I immediately thought of a certain leader foaming at the mouth cause of another kingdom waving them. Said leader went on to spew hatred all over the forum this age. In fact, still ongoing.

Thread Information