Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New chat client

Strategy Moderator
    when you sit someone it displays the wrong # of people online.
    3 currently online in game, msg box says 9.

Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28

It makes playing from a phone unuseable. The box floats somewhere near the top left corner and blocks everything and can't really be moved far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    It makes playing from a phone unuseable. The box floats somewhere near the top left corner and blocks everything and can't really be moved far.
    This is not completely true, the vast majority of phone users have no issues. Some phone browsers may have issues, but if you don't tell us what browser you are using how do you expect us to fix it?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Dont know if its related, but ever since it has been introduced I have had problems with playing from my tablet and on my phone . For example on my phone (blackberry) the mod offence calculator stopped working. On my tablet it now takes ages to load a page in utopia (safari). It also often happens that the page doesnt load at all. Its quite annoying when taking intel.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

The mod off calc is just jscript, if it doesn't work then your browser could be broken so try updating it. If you post your user agent on safari then we can see if we can help with any issues.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

The new chat would be great if:
    .It wouldn't take 4-5 seconds to load each time changing page
    .Optional so it doesn't mess with some phone users

Opera/9.80
    Windows
    NT
    U
    sv
    Presto/2.7.62
    Version/11.00
    Last edited by MoreWars; 31-07-2012 at 12:06.

The chat should load instantly, if it does not please post your user agent.

can you make the font darker? bolder perhaps?
    Icy 4 8

Veteran
    Can we have a tick box in settings to hide this thing? I minimise it, log out. Log in, and it is maximised. Having the ability to completely disable it would be nice :)

I have issues with Utopia already being slow at my computer and with my current connection. This feature just makes it worse. It is not working well with phones either, can't scroll or minimize and when zooming the page, the chat covers the screen at my phone. It needs an "enter" button aswell. I use Iphone and Safari browser.
    Sorry, I am not a vey big fan of this chat.
    Last edited by Maxin; 31-07-2012 at 11:20. Reason: Adding browsername

Maxin, we need your exact useragent - go here http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ and post what you get.

Does not refresh on Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1. You need to click a link or hit refresh before it updates further messages.

My exact agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
    Last edited by patcha; 31-07-2012 at 13:09. Reason: added exact agent

Thanks patcha

flicker/black bug

Ive had the chat constantly since you guys first released it. i like it but most of my kd runs on IE and we all have the same problem with it flickering if you scroll, the whole thng will turn black and you cant read it. this also happens when you put your cursor over the chat box.

also when you minimize the chat and change pages the chat reopens.

You need to post your user agent before we can help.

Thread Information