Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New chat client

It's back again :) But still not holding the conversation posted after you refresh the page. Though it isnt causing any lag atm. Seems most of the kd is excited about using it though.

I believe it used to keep the conversation on a seperate server, so mayhaps now it is looking to the wrong place for conversation history?

I still like it, but some more features would still be cool. Mainly I am looking for:

- Make the "chat" link on the menu bar go to a larger version of this chat in a new window rather then having it go to the old chat
    - Sound effect for new message if minimized and sound is turned on, similar to the annoying blip facebook makes
    - A visual queue that a new message has been posted if you have it minimized/closed. (perhaps make this a feature from the person writing a message) (like an "emote" button, that would mean if you write a message everyone in the kds chat will get an orange thing beside it so they know an important message was put into chat)

Thanks for the continued work, the chat looks great just need to increase its functionality!
    My life is better then yours.

Veteran
    IDEA....Clicking the "chat" link could open a new tab that you could switch back and forth from, kinda like lotsa kd's do with irc! That way it's possible to play utopia and also read the MSG's @ the same time.

Woah we just got that Reverb IM chat thingy.

Please quickly take it away!

Or tell me how to block it.
    We're at war and it lags the sh.. out everyting.
    #adrenaline

Holy... game just became unplayable.

edit: blocked it... it was either that or just stop playing.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 03-07-2012 at 13:40.
    #adrenaline

when I click at link , it NOT open in a new window, but at THAT mini-window )))
    It is a bug.

<edited>
    Ok, I found how to know who is online. You could add triangle near "Online" to be more understandable.

Nice!
    I like this chat.
    Last edited by Vit; 03-07-2012 at 19:04.

Forum Addict
    Lots of complaints from everyone with a phone in my kd. It takes up too much of their screen, and increases the load time for pages. I'm also not sure what it's supposed to add that isn't already in the other in-game chat. Messages don't stick around, so you don't know what people were talking about. It doesn't say who is in chat. The box is so tiny you wouldn't want to have a big convo with lots of people anywase if you were to use it. You still can't do any of the other things you would do in IRC(such as bots, ect.). What's the idea behind it? Cause i'm not even sure what type of suggestions would be useful for it now, cause i'm not totally sure how it is intended to be more useful than what is already there.

edit: ust saw how you see who is "on" it.
    Last edited by Topsy; 03-07-2012 at 22:49.

lag , slows play

Quote Originally Posted by linkar88 View Post
    At the moment, I'm having chat loading issues. Each time I click on a different sidebar item, it deletes everything recently written and reverts to an IM from this afternoon. Afterwards, new chats will be sent in still though. Then, I'll click another item, and it'll bring me back to that old chat, without the new IMs. (And yes, I am scrolling down to the bottom).
    I had this same issue.

I like it otherwise other than it's a bit laggier, but I don't mind it at all. I like the fact it says who's online and who's chatting and that it's real time and not stuck up in the window. It was working fine for a few hours and then I had the issue above.

Edit: I also wish that you could see your text if you overflow the text box...
    Last edited by Puriti; 04-07-2012 at 12:23.

It's really not working, I'm posting msgs that do not appear in the chat list at all, also I don't see all the msgs my mates post, it need to be fixed but as a whole is a really good idea

Doesn't seem able to take more than one line of text. Tried a copy and paste like you would for irc bots. Only sent the first line and messed up the chat so you could no longer scroll through it.

It would be nice to have such a thing for every kd. It does seem it is needed for Utopia to eventually compete with other on-line games.

update: Tried it again and it seemed to work this time. Could scroll to past messages.
    Last edited by Dolgil; 04-07-2012 at 06:00. Reason: new info
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

At first I loved it as this is what Utopia had been lacking. In reality I have the same complaints as others - lag, not updating messages, lack of notice of activity when minimized, inability to make it go away at my choice (should be allowed to disable at will). Definitely needs some work, but is a great idea.

Ours hasn't updated since yesterday. A bunch of us are seeing the same message sent at the same time (with time zones).

it doesnt load the latest stuff some times...... very annoying

Forum Addict
    It's awfully buggy at the moment, I agree with all the comments above, and my guys on phones want to kill themselves over it because they can't get rid of it. When they expand the page on their phone to do stuff, the chat window expands and then covers the utopia page you want.

Thread Information