Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New chat client

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post
    It's awfully buggy at the moment, I agree with all the comments above, and my guys on phones want to kill themselves over it because they can't get rid of it. When they expand the page on their phone to do stuff, the chat window expands and then covers the utopia page you want.
    get new phones? :P

I find once i minimize it on my phone it stays minimized. In fact since I leave it minimized It is never open. Occasionally I open it and then forget to minimize it and it annoys me a tiny bit on my phone until i click minimize :D
    My life is better then yours.

Forum Addict
    At the moment it is showing only the first chat comment on Wednesday. Nothing else since.

Veteran
    I don't think it's a respectful move to let a good part of the player base be alpha tester for a new product. The problems mentioned above only serve to alienate utopia's players. At the very least, make this new chat optional, let people remove it if they don't want it. Right now it's not even working, all it does is degrading the user experience (slower page load, phone issues, mass confusion `why are my messages ignored by my kingdom, sad face`) of those unlucky enough to get the chat.
    http://www.upoopu.com/: an intel repository (or: "pimp alternative") for utopia (read the guide).

It started working for us a couple of days ago during war. It handled 10 users flawlessly for 18 ticks- then it just froze up for many hours. It now seems to be working as intended. Havent used it on my iphone yet, but otherwise it seems to be working well. I actually like it.

please make this an optional feature -- i do not want another window popping open on my screen - especially on my phone - it already takes a very long time for the game to load on my phone.....

thank god we havent gotten it yet on my kd - i think if i did i would pull my hair out .. have heard horror stories of people being locked out of their province because of it - not everyone plays on a computer you know......

Forum Addict
    Yup still not working. I can see nothing except my first chat post for Wednesday and a chat post I did today. All of Wednesday's comments are gone, there is nothing for Thursday or Friday. Broken! Pity, because the guys NOT on phones like it.
    Last edited by Sweetiepie; 07-07-2012 at 21:42.

it kinda work for us but we dont write often enough to see freeze time, the online users thing isnt accurate at all, on a phone when u zoom in the chat window stays in corner lower right and doesnt zoom out with the page and just now, a teammate posted the link to this page and when i clicked it it opened in the tiny chat window, very funny ;)

If you have issues on your phones you should be telling us what client you are using please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

one issue on mobiles is the fixed position, when i change from portrait to landscape its fixed position is maintained which means the chat is in the middle of the page. (you can use javascript to detect orientation change, if you want the code let me know) (no need to post which client as im sure it affects all?)
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Yeah like stated above, when you change pages, some of the older messages get erased away totally.

Other than than seems fine for now.

Well, the system only caches messages for a certain time, so could it be that they are just expiring, or do they return on another page?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

From what I can see it kinda keeps going back to a particular message as the last message.

For example-

Province A says at 1900:
    BLAH 1

Province B says at 1902
    BLAH 2

Province C says at 1904
    BLAH 3.

When I navigate around a little more, the most recent text shown keeps going back to what province A said at 1900. and totally erases all subsequent messages after 1900.

Post Fiend
    We just got the new chat today. It worked fine for a while, then gave me a 502 Bad Gateway error. Refreshing the page fixed the problem.

If it worked, I like it. Another nice option would be to be able to view it separately in a different tab. And the ability to send PMs like "@Lucky75: Boo!" and have it highlight for the target.

I like it. It's certainly easier to use on my laptop (also note that I'm using my 22 inch tv as a monitor right now and not the laptop's screen), haven't had a chance to test in on my droid tablet or phone yet though. I haven't had any problems with it myself.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thread Information