Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ogier race....

Ogier race....

Ok, so ive taken the race name and the characturistics for the wheel of time books...

for those of you that have not read these books the Ogier race are big beast like creatures, they value knowlege over most things, there known by others as great builders, and stangly although there size and strength, they are known to be gentle and are far from a war like race, but, if provoked they are deadly. due to there large stature they are fast and aslo they live alot longer than humans.

please note: im not very good at making things level out, so please, if the race is too strong/too weak please give me your thoughts and how you think you would ammend it.

be warned... this race will have MANY pros and Many cons to this race... lol

Race: Ogier
    +10% building efficency (Ogiers are renouned for there superiour buildings)
    +10% science effenciy (Ogiers vaule knowlege more than anything else)
    +10% science protection (Ogiers will fight extra hard to protect there knowlege)
    -20% construction time
    schools and universities are twice as effective (ogiers are intense learners)
    +30% tree of knowlege spell strength and duration (ogiers are intense learners)
    +100% magic shield strength (they live in a steading)
    +1 offensive specialest strenght (increased n/w to compensate, and perhaps cost increased)
    +1 deffensive specialest strenght (increased n/w to compensate, and perhaps cost increase)

+20% training time (ogiers are long living and take there time over most things)
    +100% food comsuption (ogiers are huge and thus eat more)
    no access to stables (horses are too small for Ogiers)
    no elite specialaity (ogiers arnt the fighting type)
    no access to speed build (ogiers are long living and take there time over most things)
    -10% attack gains
    -10% population
    -50% sabotage effectiveness (there big and huge what do you expect??)

Spells: Tree of knowlege, magic shield, quick feet, Fanaticism,

please any input is welcome....

sorry for the awful spelling....

Ummm... Don't mean to be a spoiler, but Ogiers do fight and they're quite good at it. And Magic Shield is not a racial spell, it's available to all races right now.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Ummm... Don't mean to be a spoiler, but Ogiers do fight and they're quite good at it. And Magic Shield is not a racial spell, it's available to all races right now.
    I think the point was;

+100% magic shield strength (they live in a steading)
    to OP: wtf is the tree of knowledge spell?
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

sorry ment reflect magic not magic shield, chosen mainly cause i was trying to reflect the steading in the race profile. also, i never said that they were bad at fighting, i said that there not normally the fighing type but deadly if provoked. maybe i should have put 'if they have to be' i tried to represent this by increasing off and def spec by +1 and not having leets.

i'd still like some input to know if the spec is balanced.

obv, this race would be suited to a sage personality well, but is it op? is it nerfed in areas? what would the new n/w values of off specs and def specs be to make it fair? and should the cost of each have an increase?

im really not very good and balancing things and would like input/teaks to some numbers....

@john snowstorm.... yeah had it im my mind so much i forgot to say. tree of knowledge = fountain of knowledge, i just changed the name for no other reason that it sounded better for an ogier. lol

as for the steading, dunno if you read the books, but people who can tap into the source (magic power) cant in the steading. i was trying to reflect this in some way... what would you recommend?

Tree of Knowledge would be a cool spell: creates sci books on each cast.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Quote Originally Posted by Septic_Kotdeth View Post
    sorry ment reflect magic not magic shield, chosen mainly cause i was trying to reflect the steading in the race profile. also, i never said that they were bad at fighting, i said that there not normally the fighing type but deadly if provoked. maybe i should have put 'if they have to be' i tried to represent this by increasing off and def spec by +1 and not having leets.
    That's how they are in most of the world, but the Seanchan Deathwatch have a very different group of Ogier, Gardeners. That's what I think the elites should be. Make them fairly strong but very expensive.

As for the specs, I'd not pick them. A 6/6 army with static defense isn't something that I'd want to have.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

With a pop penalty, gains penalty and only specs this would be a useless race even if you make the specs stronger.

It's also a major copyrights violation ofc.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

ok change...

Race: MOgier
    +10% building efficency (MOgiers are renouned for there superiour buildings)
    +10% science effenciy (MOgiers vaule knowlege more than anything else)
    +10% science protection (MOgiers will fight extra hard to protect there knowlege)
    -20% construction time
    schools and universities are twice as effective (Mogiers are intense learners)
    +30% fountain of knowlege spell strength and duration (Mogiers are intense learners)
    +50% magic shield strength (they live in a steading)

+20% training time (MOgiers are long living and take there time over most things)
    +100% food comsuption (MOgiers are huge and thus eat more)
    no access to stables (horses are too small for MOgiers)
    no access to speed build (MOgiers are long living and take there time over most things)
    -10% attack gains

Elite: 7/7, 1300gc, 8.75NW

Spells: Fountain of knowledge, Reflect magic, Quick feet, Fanaticism,

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Universities = Libraries?

Too strong.
    7/7 Turtle army with strong science and very good TM defense.
    Last edited by Palem; 01-07-2012 at 14:09.

@ palem, yes to your question...

as for leets.... so what would you pick to be more suitable? then 8/5, 9/4? see i was trying to demonstrate there strength and overall ferocity, but tbh there more likely to defend just as well as attack.

6/6 with a penalty to pop might work
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

update....

ok change...

Race: MOgier
    +10% building efficency (MOgiers are renouned for there superiour buildings)
    +10% science effenciy (MOgiers vaule knowlege more than anything else)
    +10% science protection (MOgiers will fight extra hard to protect there knowlege)
    -20% construction time
    Schools and Libraries are twice as effective (Mogiers are intense learners)
    +30% fountain of knowlege spell strength and duration (Mogiers are intense learners)
    +50% magic shield strength (they live in a steading)

-10 Population
    +20% training time (MOgiers are long living and take there time over most things)
    +100% food comsuption (MOgiers are huge and thus eat more)
    no access to stables (horses are too small for MOgiers)
    no access to speed build (MOgiers are long living and take there time over most things)
    -10% attack gains

Elite: 6/6, 1000gc, 7.5NW

Spells: Fountain of knowledge, Reflect magic, Quick feet, Fanaticism,

.... any other thoughts ideas? would love more input/feedback...

You might want to limit the number of bonuses and penalties. Current races have 2-4 bonuses and 0-2 penalties.

Thread Information