Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: faeries

Post Fiend

faeries

are overpowered. for the last 3 ages they've been buffed while the rest of the attacking races have been nerfed as well as the attacking personalities. u cant break one to save ur life once they get to baron. i thought this game was supposed to be about excitement, holding your attention, keeping you on edge; i just dont see that when i think of faeries sitting on their power 8 elites never getting hit for an entire age.

i realize my kd should have run 5 or maybe even more of then and didnt, yes that is my fault. but still, for the sake of the game, quit buffing them.

/rant

Post Demon
    I say every age they need a massive nerf. They are so overpowered it even forces a certain type of warring strategy. I heard they are getting nerfed hard next age, which although 2 ages too late would still be much appreciated.

Veteran
    they are already nerfed -10% population and only 3 offensive points, even if they were to hit (and if they nerf their elite from 3/8 then undead and orc should be nerfed as well!!!!)

-10% population is a huge nerf
    its not my fault is they run forts that increases they DPA massive, but when you think of

two attacking races that have 9 offense on elites, they can do the same by running TG (massive ups!!!!!!! in offense)

so i dont see why faeries should be nerfed..

Post Fiend
    3 offensive points. u might as well make it 0... its irrelevant, a mute point. faeries arent attackers.
    as an attacker u have to run OPA and DPA.
    as a faery u just need DPA.

even with at 12.5% greater elite u still need to assign more troops to DPA such that u (mostly) cant break faeries

Veteran
    any attacker can manage to run
    (especially undead/orc)
    can manage to run 90+ OPA and 40-45 raw dpa (easily, very fckin easily)

in my experience as an orc this age, I maintain an easy 77 opa at 1.5k acres and 97% BE
    also running right now about 35 DPA raw which will be upped (I can break fearies its not hard)
    and once you get past the first few hits (since they run no hospitals they are easily taken down...)

Also as a side note im at 55% draft even with my current OPA xD and i like to keep it around 65-70% draft rate.

Veteran
    Proper orcs run 130ish opa + gens, if not more. If a faery has 140dpa then it is a pretty useless prov that should be left alone anyway to focus on better targets. Faeries are just fine.
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

What do you think about giving an attacker personality a bonus of -50% attack time on failed attacks? That way we could cripple faeries with bounce waves.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyb22 View Post
    What do you think about giving an attacker personality a bonus of -50% attack time on failed attacks? That way we could cripple faeries with bounce waves.
    tactician has -15% attack times (suicide waves, that type of -50% attack times on failed attacks, would be abused and a new strategy to be implemented) Which I know is your intention xD

If they do that, then I think faeries (or any other race that is T/M should get like "+2 mana per tick/+2 stealth per tick) Sounds about fair to me xD

Forum Addict
    The problem with faeries(and what will always make them weak imo) is that in order to be ub, they have to have a disporportionate amount of the KD's nw. The more you have, the more nw-distribution goes into non-attacking roles, and the smaller your own core becomes. Magic and thievery isn't nearly powerful enough to ever make up for this, thus why having too many is always going to screw you in the end and why its almost impossible to think of them as overpowered. Maybe if they lost their pop nerf and got another econ advantage they'd be op since then they'd be more useful as an UB.

if you cant break a faery go back to tetras ... their elite based def plus networth based gains dooms them to hell

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post

If they do that, then I think faeries (or any other race that is T/M should get like "+2 mana per tick/+2 stealth per tick) Sounds about fair to me xD
    screw that go back to elite based personalitys if you want to get fruity
    IMPERIALS KLA

Enthusiast
    Faeries are overpowered? Faeries are T/Ms so they need defense, thieves, and wizards so it balances out in the long run. Lets compare provinces and see how 'overpowered' the faery race is:

Faeries
    Must have a minimum of 3rWPA (3000 wizards at 1k acres) to be effective
    Must have a minimum of 3rTPA (3000 thieves at 1k acres) to be effective
    Must have a minimum of 115dPA (11644 elites minimum) to be near safe. 120dPA ~ 130dPA recommended
    The Max Population is 26,291 (using 10% homes) possible for the Faery
    26291 - 6000 (wizards and thieves combined) = 20,291 left
    20,291 - 11,644 = 8,647 peasants
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Other races (except humans)
    2rTPA (high mark) which is 2,000 thieves
    2rWPA (high mark) which is 2,000 wizards
    50dPA for example which is 10,000 def specs (def heavy)
    The Max Population is 28,571 (using 40 homes) possible
    28,571 - 4,000 (wizards and thieves combined) = 24,571 left
    28,571 - 10,000 = 18,571 left for elites and peasants
    18,571 - 10,000 elites = 8,571 peasants
    ----------------------------------------
    Humans
    2rTPA (high mark) which is 2,000 thieves
    2rWPA (high mark) which is 2,000 wizards
    The Max Population is 31,392 (using 40 homes) possible
    31,392 - 4,000 (wizards and thieves combined) = 27,392 left
    27,392 - 19,000 elites = 8,392 peasants

I can't see any imbalance with the faery race. Where is the issue? O_o
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Post Demon
    If you really need to take a faery's land, Conquest can work well enough. Otherwise bottomfeeds and breaking a fae outright with high offense are possibilities in war.

Out of war Faeries need all of the defense they can get to prevent being hit, and it's still not enough against a really dedicated high offense province.

Faeries should be difficult to break without making some sacrifices - a purely defensive province should have enough defense to stand up to almost anything, which is most of Faery's niche. Said defense is not cheap and eventually comes at a substantial cost.

Last age's Faes were ridiculously overpowered.

Enthusiast
    if faerys where that easy to break/get down there will be no point in playing them

conquest ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

I played Faerie in age 52. They were strong then and by playing smart, I was hit only twice with a trad and 1 bounce. That was all the damage I took all age. Since then they've had their thievery buffed and their elites as well. The problem with Faeries is that they're sitting ducks when you're not at war.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Thread Information