Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: faeries

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Faeries are OP?
    They have the 2 biggest nerfs in the game.

Elves can cast on them.
    Halfling can use thievery on them.
    Orcs and Undead can attack them.

What more do you want?
    0/5 army with no tpa/wpa buffs?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Natsu View Post
    I can't see any imbalance with the faery race. Where is the issue? O_o
    Take a look at your numbers again, give the feary some decent science/honor.
    Fearies can start getting way out of hand with numbers. Think 150 dpa, 25 mod wpa/tpa, decent ppa.

elite numbers are being reduced across the board next age apparently.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Here's the problem:

Faeries without honor are bad.
    Faery's honor isn't guaranteed this age. There are any number of ways that they can lose it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Take a look at your numbers again, give the feary some decent science/honor.
    Fearies can start getting way out of hand with numbers. Think 150 dpa, 25 mod wpa/tpa, decent ppa.
    That is impossible. Perhaps at prince.
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrified View Post
    That is impossible. Perhaps at prince.
    Well i did round a bit from the feary marquis i was looking at but, actual numbers are 158 mod dpa, 29 mod tpa, 21 mod wpa 4 ppa.
    Feary prince should be able run something like 165 dpa, 24 mod wpa, 37 mod tpa and thats y u start geting nuts and op.

To be fair though its more of a problem with honor as the only race that can get and "keep" honor is feary. As Palem said a feary without honor is bad and there are alot of ways to loose it. I'd rather see a nice change to the honor system next age as the major mechanism to nerfing feary.

Post Demon
    If you are any of the following:

A) a noob faery player (what is this faery with no honor?? War a few times and ur Viscount or Count, win or lose)
    B) basing your perception of faeries on the fact that you want to run 25 of them in your kingdom.
    Or
    C) both

Then you have no credibility. Faeries are drastically overpowered and the people citing starting numbers for faeries and then for attackers are just noobs. They are OP in warring kingdoms and untouchable after 48 hours of war. Proper chains on them before that are almost never worth the cost, and if u know how to setup a kingdom properly NW spread wise, its unlikely a proper chain can even happen at all.

Enthusiast
    If you want to make things more balanced then remove the Honor system as it is what is flawed. Nerfing the Faery race alone will make it unplayable as you will become fodder or useless in war. Might aswell remove the Faery if the race itself gets nerfed more. Also, Losing wars now hurts Faeries more with the 10% honor penalty where you hit Baron then get bounced back to Lord since it takes 10% of your honor per war loss. 2300*0.90= 2070 honor left.

Another thing is Faeries without runes and chained hard can't do anything. On top of that outside of wars faery provinces are more times than not sitting idle once fully built up except pumping sciences. I posted a suggestion regarding revising or removing the honor system to make the game more balanced. However, Like I said before Humans, Halflings, and Elves shouldn't be able to break a Faery. Dwarves and Avians should only be able to Conquest the Faery. Orcs and Undead should be the only two races that can outright break a Faery if built on the optimal level. Otherwise you have to tweak all races to be around the same offense and defense orientation which will alter race/personality choices making the hybrid style choices extremely dominant. What I'm getting at is you can't nerf the Faery without nerfing the Orc and Undead. My view is eliminate or revise the honor system to be more race specific regarding honor bonuses.
    Last edited by Natsu; 02-07-2012 at 23:05.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Veteran
    Faeries are awesome, and a lot better T/M than second best. Ofc they aint good if you use 25 of them (Palem is cute for trying though) but in a support role they're excellent. Anyone in a kd that wars (dunno about wh0re) who doesn't like faeries is doing it wrong.

Post Demon
    ^^ this. and then re-read my post :)

and i love palem of course, but i AM tired of people trying to argue that faeries dont need a nerf. they need a large one, they are way overpowered in their role and if you arent able to see that its either because you are noob or becase you have a vested self interest in the race ASIDE from the balance of the game and warring within it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    ^^ this. and then re-read my post :)

and i love palem of course, but i AM tired of people trying to argue that faeries dont need a nerf. they need a large one, they are way overpowered in their role and if you arent able to see that its either because you are noob or becase you have a vested self interest in the race ASIDE from the balance of the game and warring within it.
    Answer me on how a Faery is supposed to do their T/M job if they are basically fodder or don't have the needed tpa/wpa due to going for defense? I showed that a Faery needs 10% homes to match an attacker with 4% Homes at the same size. You can't tell me that a Faery/Peasant~Baron (maybe Viscount aswell) is imba. If Faery/Viscount or Count+ is broken then that says the Honor system needs to be tweaked or removed. You can't nerf a race based off the potential of them becoming untouchable with a high honor value. Petition to fix the honor system which is the real issue. I want to know why there is so much hate against individual races and not the real issue and that being the honor system.

All I'm hearing is everyone wants the Faery to be another Elf but unable to attack. How is that fair? If a race is unable to attack and easily broken by everyone then it might aswell be removed from the game. It's really disturbing and mind boggling that people say something needs to be nerfed but only look at the surface level rather than the whole picture.

Also, Why would you wait 48 hours into war to target a Faery or any other T/M for that matter? That logic is backwards because you either disable the enemy T/Ms early or leave them alone and hope you can force the enemy attackers into a point where they can't fight back.
    Last edited by Natsu; 03-07-2012 at 00:59.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Post Demon
    Faeries don't need to be nerfed so that their defense is breakable by every heavy attacker in war, though. For a race with no offense, near-impenetrable defense is a necessity. Last age they were OP because no other race had a t/m bonus that could get through faeries, making it very easy for faes to op anyone they like, while having a better economy than they have this age. Faeries got a necessary nerf to t/m effectiveness this age, and if they get nerfed again it should be in that direction. The only way a faery's defense should be nerfed is if they can be a viable attacker option again.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    If you are any of the following:

A) a noob faery player (what is this faery with no honor?? War a few times and ur Viscount or Count, win or lose)
    B) basing your perception of faeries on the fact that you want to run 25 of them in your kingdom.
    Or
    C) both

Then you have no credibility. Faeries are drastically overpowered and the people citing starting numbers for faeries and then for attackers are just noobs. They are OP in warring kingdoms and untouchable after 48 hours of war. Proper chains on them before that are almost never worth the cost, and if u know how to setup a kingdom properly NW spread wise, its unlikely a proper chain can even happen at all.
    How does any of that discredit what I said?
    Honor system sucks and makes faeries look so much better than they are...

Marquis:
    +14% Pop
    +14% OME
    +14% Income
    +21% WPA
    +21% TPA

If this was a race, everyone would scream "OP!" and that's only at Marquis, which is reasonable for a faery to get to.

That said, I think it's funny that everyone says faeries are OP, but halfers suck. Halfling/Rogue is the faery killer.

Regular
    =D faery not OP, all you have to do is chain them!
    I'd chain a faery every chance I have.

(they were OP last age, theys ok now.)
    Countess Tiffany the Invincible
    ◥Dat kungdum formerly known as HUNG3R◤
    Kingdom (now only about half) Full of Hungry Chinese Girls

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany the Invincible View Post
    =D faery not OP, all you have to do is chain them!
    I'd chain a faery every chance I have.
    looks like no one does that to your kd's fearies...nice honor. Be a shame if every kd thought like you did and ravaged all that honor from your feary dukes....then again thats if you'd war someone who could.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If this was a race, everyone would scream "OP!" and that's only at Marquis, which is reasonable for a faery to get to.
    how about half/honor bonus then and a much needed "buff". If fearies are the only race that can reasonably hold onto honor make it less important for them.

Thread Information