Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: faeries

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I don't see why you think that should follow....
    Elves and halfers both have the luxury of being able to retal hits that they receive. Something that Faery has absolutely no options for. You're not seeing the picture as a whole...
    An elf built pure t/m has to run pure dspecs, how do they hit back out. Halfing running pure t/m your right they can attack. However consider that for a halfing to be "attacking" (using their def) if they want wpa=feary wpa/1.3, tpa=feary tpa*1.5/1.3 they end up running 90 dpa V say 140 dpa. Thats to large a gap when a pure t/m needs to be hard to conquest such that "if you don't bring them down at the beginning, it's unlikely that you'll bring them down at all. It doesn't really have much to do with faery being good at what's designed to do (be a TM), it's just it's resilience to dropping that makes it valuable to kds."

What makes a feary op compared to elf/halfing is its resilience to dropping, that should be an innate ability of running t/m not just feary and The ability for both a elf/halfer PURE T/M to prefer to go a/T/M is what should cost them significant mod dpa loss not just their choice to be T/M.
    Last edited by Persain; 10-07-2012 at 18:14.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    An elf built pure t/m has to run pure dspecs
    There's nothing stopping an Elf TM from running pure leets. Offense is defense these days.

Post Demon
    It's not much for an elf to keep 2-4 epa and still have defense that is tough to crack... real threat to elves is being nightstriked/propaganda, which Faeries are better protected against. It's possible to get away with much more epa, 6-7 or better, and still use a t/m build.
    I'd much rather have an elf with a good number of elites per acre, capable of attacking, but using their elites judiciously instead of throwing them at any target as soon as their army comes home... though with enough offense, that does of course work. They could keep a t/m build and be successful.
    Almost every t/m should be able to trap acres or science against defenseless opponents during war... t/ms that refuse to do this because they're not attackers, are not utilizing t/m properly. Faeries can do this, but not very well without cutting into their defense too much. For an elf, their elites are worth 2/3 of a def spec, and so few are needed for cow hits, that they should have a few elites for this purpose.

Regular
    The problem is with Faeries:

No attacking option but who plays them attacking anyway?

They don’t have to balance a DPA and OPA only have to focus on DPA and with a 3/8 Elite that means a lot of defence that has to be broken, so in a warring kingdom no single attacker is going to be able to break the Faery without having a retardedly high OPA which means he’ll just get smashed into a pulp but the enemy KD for suiciding… By no means are the gains with the risk in that situation.

Most attackers know this so they simply have to ignore them and enjoy feeding the Faeries honor (which then in turn makes them super OP and even more unbreakable.)

Halflings and Elves can cast spells on them but that means being a “Super thief” or “Super Mage” which is NEVER a good idea and leaves you exposed in other areas… Plus neither Halfling or Elf have all of those wonderful spells that Faeries do.

There is a reason why they the most chosen race for T/M and Halfer is almost nothing in comparison.

Post Fiend
    you guys claiming that 'oh its definitely doable to take down a faery' because

a - bouncing + conquesting then chaining bam its so easy
    b - their D is front loaded once u break them once they drop like rocks

those are such bull**** claims.
    u can throw those theories around and put some fancy numbers together but just doesn't work like that.

the fact is that it is so incredibly hard to bring them down, its ridiculous and they are seriously overpowered. anybody with experience vs a kd that has 4-5 faeries knows it. you can't beat them.

Veteran
    give faeries the good old orc bonus -50% honor effects =)
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by br3nt00 View Post
    you guys claiming that 'oh its definitely doable to take down a faery' because

a - bouncing + conquesting then chaining bam its so easy
    b - their D is front loaded once u break them once they drop like rocks

those are such bull**** claims.
    u can throw those theories around and put some fancy numbers together but just doesn't work like that.

the fact is that it is so incredibly hard to bring them down, its ridiculous and they are seriously overpowered. anybody with experience vs a kd that has 4-5 faeries knows it. you can't beat them.
    You can beat them. Several methods have been provided. No one said it was 'easy'.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You can beat them. Several methods have been provided. No one said it was 'easy'.
    Faery essentially don't have a weakness in wars, they are not vulnerable to attacks, magic or thievery. They are the best t/m's in total ability to op.

This makes them overpowered in their niche role. Their weaknesses make them underpowered to do anything else, which isn't necessary in most kingdoms. Hence they should be made stronger attackers but weaker pure t/m's.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    faerys losing honor can still cast spells adequatly. No reason in a warring kigndom to keep your faery over 100 dpa. Its about the ops not honor/land accumulation in warring kingdoms.
    For a Faerie it's not that hard to reach Marquis or higher by the second half of the age. That gives +14% pop in addition to the other benefits. I can assure you that makes them a lot more effective. Faeries should go in full honor whoring mode once it's clear who will win the war for that reason alone.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Demon
    Faeries are immensly overpowered in their niche. Even if you have off to drop them its so dificult and time consuming its not worth the effort 9/10 times once war starts.

Forum Addict
    Faeries are not overpowered. Anyway my kd semi chained 4 faeries in our last war and effectively took out all the honor they gathered throughout the age which they will never reach again this age on top of farming their kd. So its reasonable if faeries are hard to break, 3hits is all it takes to remove 4-5 wars of effort. So for those who are decent they'll find ways to overcome but for the rest you can be comforted that if u play your faery well and your kd plays well you wont be broken in war.

seriously. Every war this age our faeries have been broken and we have broken every one of our opponent's faes unless they were WAAAAY higher NW than any of us, in which case, we did not care because the casting and duration penalties made that faery largely irrelevant. Faes that grow too far ahead of their warring KD NW to become unbreakable are inevitably food for the rest of the server Out of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Evillone View Post
    We considered hybrids Palem but being able to turtle was a large part of the strat i suggested and it greatly complicated things having a mix. I'm still tinkering with the idea so feel free to give me a shout on irc if u ever want to talk about it.

As to halfers being the "solution" to faerys it's just kind of absurd. Yes a halfer can run the numbers to op a faery, my examples earlier have the halfer with about 15% more tpa but 30% less wpa at the same D. It should be noted that the halfer in the example would actually be at 85.5% draft compared to the faeries 76.7% draft. So the halfers numbers would have to drop some where and the tpa would have to increase in order to ensure sustained ability to op faerys. You can't drop the D much otherwise the halfer is easily hit down so the WPA is what will suffer. So now you you have a highly specialized province that can't attack, cast spells or provide any sort of economy (note no other race requires such specialization to damage it) and can be easily counterd by the ocasonal smattering of ET when stealth gets high while MS brings D down into chainable range. I think that suggesting that halfer is the answer to faerys is comparable to suggesting that running 25 suiciding orcs is the answer. Both options would work to deal damage to faerys but both are strategically poor choices otherwise. Also no other race has a required singular way of dealing with them, why should faerys?
    in what way do you ever compare a halfer t/m to a faery t/m? the situation is a halfer/rogue hybrid with 40 mod tpa and 80+opa against ur appallingly useless 14 mod tpa faery with CS... the halfer can reduce ur faery to a snivelling wreck in 1 tick of war start, aswell as being able to double tap on chain targets whereas ur faery ha no wizzies so pure attackers can cast a couple expose thieves and have ur crappy faery not able to use its tpa, and having no wpa. Then the halfer moves on to new target after its recovered some stealth, ur faery is freaking useless for 2 weeks. Have you ever had a war in the top 100 kds let alone in a decent, coordinated warring kd?

i call ur crappy faery into question cause i just got propped with 85% success by a halfer out of my nw range while i had 19.2 tpa. Dont make claims that a halfer cannot counter a faery. If youre halfer cannot destroy a faery you should not have picked halfer. Undead is a better choice for what you want, kidnapping and attacking? go for it.
    Last edited by crease; 17-07-2012 at 17:24.

Post Fiend
    Super thieves can break faeries likewise Super mages can break faeries. Thats why they are "super" for a reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sheister View Post
    faes that grow too far ahead of their warring kd nw to become unbreakable are inevitably food for the rest of the server out of war.
    boing
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thread Information