Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the Police under control

Forum Fanatic
    Good thing is when it happens to you they will still show up to save your butt no matter what you believe.But no im not in a small town.Maybe different where you live.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    No thanks. Id rather you STFO and mind your own business. Cops hardly do anything besides report crimes and abuse the citizenry. We would be better off reducing them to fugitive hunters. 99% of police work is unnecessary, Domestic disputes and drugs are not problems you can solve with a tazer and some iron bars.

Veteran
    turn it into fuedal japan where everyone is warring for power and resources and those that have military power, hmmm, MERC THAT **** OUT?

Forum Fanatic
    looks like someone has been arrested a few times huh. and no i dont use a taser. never seen the need for one myself.But yea if your screwing up guess what.It is their business. You made it that way.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Forum Fanatic
    nooblet why is the institution of law enforcers inherently corrupt?

Nature of the human race is sinful/greedy -> pick you thing

Forum Fanatic
    all jobs ,careers have corrupt people.from religions to garbage collectors to politicians. power and money turn people.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    ////
    Last edited by hllwrld; 12-01-2014 at 19:57.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    nooblet why is the institution of law enforcers inherently corrupt?
    Imagine if abs were given mod power over the utopia server while competing in the charts, and you'll get my meaning more or less.

Other than that, deriving authority ultimately from nothing but violence is inherently corrupt, which indicts much more than the police.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hllwrld View Post
    I wonder what police system other planets have/had at around our stage of development or further down...
    We can't be the only ones talking about this on a utopia forum. They must have their own utopia with their own Mehul, their own Bishop and Palem and their own corrupt police. What did they do?
    Good thought, I wonder about that myself. I don't think they have police though, they prolly wont even have DNA or be made of carbon, or use visual light and sound vibrations to communicate. I think we will find that we have defined life and intelligence very poorly and are not looking in the right places; that life is abundant in the universe. How could we know some thing is not intelligent? What if what we dismiss as a cloud of assorted gasses is actually a message from an ET announcing their invasion. What if they invaded but we didn't even notice because they came for some rare element that we don't even know exists that's at the center of gas giants and stars. How would we know if the sun is aware or not, or the earth, or bacteria. We now know that there are other dimensions where time behaves differently. We could even be occupying the same space as beings who are aware of all time at once. One of the theories for the origin of life on earth was that bacteria traveled through space from some unknown location in deep space and crash landed on earth, luckly findning a habitat inwhich it could survive. If that's true than all of our intelligence and might is nothing compared with that bacteria who flew through space and seeded a whole world. What if that bacteria was sent on its mission by a galactic intelligence of some kind.
    Last edited by thephatman; 07-01-2013 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by thephatman View Post
    Some cops do much worse. I was just saying that small dishonest acts also count as corruption, thus supporting the "most cops are corrupt" statement. Seat belt laws vary from state to state, but i doubt most of them have clauses that say "except cops". As far as red lights go unless its an emergency they shouldn't run the red light. It is dishonest to use the cop lights to run red lights when there is no emergency. They are not given the rights to disobey the laws they enforce to save time pulling into McDonalds. I must have seen them do this a thousand times. A public servant who is dishonest is corrupt. Maybe you should look up what that word means...

Small acts do not count as "corruption" if they are specifically allowed to do them, such as cops not having to wear a seatbelt. In the UK and Ireland police (and taxi drivers) are exempt from seatbelt laws, for example.

Your statement that "most cops are corrupt" is unfounded, unproven and balls.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

There are plenty of examples where it was made evident that there were indeed corrupt police. Best example is the evidence that about half the Chicacgo police force in the late 20's to early 30's were being paid by the Chicago Outfit, a maffia group run by the likes of Al Capone. There is plenty evidence to be found of corrupt police in numerous Asian, African, Latin American and European nations. So to say that corruption does not exist and that corrupt police is sheer and utter foolishness and very naive. However to say that all police are corrupt and to make unfounded accusations against every policeman is equally foolish.

As for the Netherlands... I'm generally of the assumption that most policemen aren't corrupt. And thank goodness for that, though some rotten apples are to be found. You do read some stories about fines and parking tickets being waived on policemen and more rarely some policeman with a drug habit who gets caught, but on the whole I would say that most policemen and policewomen are squeaky clean in the Netherlands.

however that doesn't mean that I don't see any systematic corruption in the Dutch police force, because I am of the opinion that there certainly is systematic corruption in some parts of the Dutch police force, but most of that corruption has a political nature. Its primarily corruption based on the purchase of materials for the police, such as IT systems, communication systems, police guns, and squad cars. Dutch police has a terribly inefficient IT system, that is incredibly expensive. The Dutch police communication system is one of the worst in Europe and yet again it is terribly expensive. It is the same story with police guns. The squad cars are of good quality, but again very expensive. I have serious doubts whether these stupid purchases are all due to incompetence of the persons who are in charge and responsible for these purchases, I do think that bribery has occured here.

But again to say that there are a few rotten apples doesn't mean you should throw the whole basket away.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

most police officers I know are pretty good average guys. I wouldn't put them on some supreme morale ground. I know an officer who had sex with a girl in his cop car when he was young. But I still think he does a pretty good job. His morale compass probably doesn't point dead even with what the law says... But still most police officers around here seem fairly reasonable. You meet the odd prick who has nothing better to do then give a hard time. But never had anything too crazy happen. Seen drunkies get beat up pretty good a few times, but **** they are retarded and I would strike someone more then required if they attempted to resist, better then getting knifed or something. Anyway around here the most common complaint is that police officers are of police officers using undue force when arresting drunk people / breaking up drunk people fighting.

I recall a video that was posted on youtube and sent in as a complaint, it showed a police officer knee a guy in the head and then drive him into the sidewalk so his face hit it. Then the guy was cuffed. But if you could have seen about 1 minute before the guy who was taken down and his 2 friends had knocked a guy out and were kicking him. (the guy ended up in a coma so brain swelling could go down). When police officers showed up the guys ran away and when the one guy was grabbed he took a swing at the officer. the officer restrained him and as he was wrestling with him the other officer kneed him in the head. Then he went down as described above. Watching it live it seemed 100% justified. But if you just saw the tape it looked brutal.

Anyway enough eye witnesses supported the police actions that nothing happened. But we did have an enquiry.

Regular
    Id be willing to agree that most cops are good people because in general most people are good people. However, it is easily proved that police routinely break the law and go unpunished. This atmosphere of lawlessness encourages poor behavior. I think we can all agree that some police are intentionally evil. If one of these so called "evil cops" knows what to say, what evidence is required and acts with intelligence he can literally get away with murder. Its happened. I will happen again. **** the Police.

I have a question for you law dogs out there. Where is it easier to buy drugs? Prison or Street? Answer=Prison. If you dumb pigs can't even keep drugs out of the prison why do you exist at all? You are clearly corrupt and no longer serve useful purpose if you cannot even enforce the laws in your own prisons let alone the streets. What you cops call justice isn't worth the $ or the social cost id fire you all. We are Taxed out the ass so you can murder black kids and molest woman. You dont even stop the drugs. You dont even stop the gangs. Why are you here? W.O you the drugs are cheap and the gangs don't need guns to protect them. Look at your prisons; these are training camps for criminals. You Lock up a petty thief and you release a bank robber. You lock up a wife beater and release a murderer. You are Obsolete. Time to die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVmGW...BmPB0xsP-HVhEe
    Last edited by thephatman; 16-01-2013 at 20:40. Reason: Grammar = bad

Thread Information