Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodgy Simian Behavior

Dodgy Simian Behavior

Kingdom X has cf with simians, they break cf and let simians make hits as per below without any retals, then both kd's re-cf after.

I don't care what excuse simians give I say BS. Reported to uto support for farming.

The Kingdom of (x:x)

Total acres exchanged: +7169 acres (42/0)
    +7030 acres: Anonymous province from (x:x) (40/0)
    +107 acres: Tabasco Looks Good On You (1/0)
    +32 acres: Sweet Calcutta Rains (1/0)
    Last edited by jamin; 06-07-2012 at 02:52.

Enthusiast
    You missed a location Jamin. Also if i had to guess i would say that Apes and whatever kingdom you are talking about had specific terms set to their CF and those terms where going to expire soon, the random kingdom wanted to extend to CF and Simians agreed if they where given a free wave. I don't know if this is actually what transpired or not just taking a guess. Either way i agree its fairly lame (although i don't know about being "illegal" as far as game rules) and i really hope that it wasn't just one of Anri's friends trying to help them grow, although i wouldn't be surprised by that either, because I'm sure ABS could play the same way to a much greater effect and thus it would be a loosing tactic for the apes.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

Veteran
    Very Suspicious

Theoretical Scenario...
    Rage begs us to extend CF with them or else we will burn them to the ground. We say, sure let's cancel CF, give us 10k of your acres, then we will renew CF.

Illegal or Legal?

Yes the scenario is slightly different, but what if we just said, Abs wanted to keep us allies and we said no, so we came up with this arrangement in order for us to maintain the relationship we had. It's our word and Abs' word against the rest of Utopia, so when does someone step in and and say, no that is wrong. I used to play a game back in the day called streetwarz, I don't know if anyone has heard of it, but anyway...

Farming used to be illegal until it became too difficult to police, so the game owner (Aerocloud) decided to just make farming illegal, 2 months later, the game shut down due to no longer having enough player base to support it.

Shall we change the name from Utopia to Farmtopia, and see who can farm the best to win?
    Last edited by jamin; 06-07-2012 at 02:50.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Afaik, farming out isn't against the rules.

Cool thanks for clearing that up.
    So notice to all next age, make some alliances and let them give you their land at the end of the age so you can win.

Farmtopia here we come.

Enthusiast
    Thankfully, we don't have to explain our diplomacy to you.

Enthusiast
    Jamin I have no idea what kingdom you are in but you or anyone else that doesn't like what simians did could always go and wave the kingdom that simians fed off of (if multiple kingdoms did this it would have a far better effect), having just lost 7k acres and bunch of troops in the feed wave I'm sure they are not ready to war anyone too much larger than they are especially if they eat waves from several other kingdoms as well. Make an example of the kingdom and i bet others will be hesitant to help simians (or anyone else) in this manner again.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

I'm in HoH. The point I'm trying to make is that if this is not illegal it should be made illegal, or else in my example what is stopping anyone from doing it on a larger scale. Where is the line? 7k acres, 15k, 50k? That is all legal?
    So theoretically (not saying they would but) if Rage and Sact decided, Sanct could farm out to Rage so Rage could get the crown. I just want to know if everyone thinks this should be clarified and made illegal, and kingdoms caught doing it should be punished, or else what is stopping all the top kd's next age doing this? Where is the strategy and skill involved in the game if this is allowed to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by jamin View Post
    I'm in HoH. The point I'm trying to make is that if this is not illegal it should be made illegal, or else in my example what is stopping anyone from doing it on a larger scale. Where is the line? 7k acres, 15k, 50k? That is all legal?
    So theoretically (not saying they would but) if Rage and Sact decided, Sanct could farm out to Rage so Rage could get the crown. I just want to know if everyone thinks this should be clarified and made illegal, and kingdoms caught doing it should be punished, or else what is stopping all the top kd's next age doing this? Where is the strategy and skill involved in the game if this is allowed to happen?
    There are other ways of taking care of this if this is indeed farming. If Simians think farming is okay, then I don't see why Absalom should respect anything from that kingdom whatsoever including 1 vs 1 hostiles. You get my drift? ;)

Btw, I have nothing against Simians nor anyone else. Just calling it like I see it. I don't know if this is indeed farming. Someone gotta dig deeper.
    #sinners <---click to join

Veteran
    Used to be somewhat common to see. Affected the race, but I don't really remember a specific instance where the crown was decided due to a kingdom farming out to another (intentionally).

Funny you say you're from HoH though

Postaholic
    Simians for crown!!!

BiO will stall Rage long enough that they will only have 100bpa and 1wpa by your YR10 cf expiration date!
    Last edited by baka; 06-07-2012 at 04:35.

Post Demon
    i hear about kingdoms tanking a free wave in exchange for CF all the time.

my kingdom has done it. kingdoms we have waved often do it.... same **** here?

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    i hear about kingdoms tanking a free wave in exchange for CF all the time.

my kingdom has done it. kingdoms we have waved often do it.... same **** here?
    Maybe. Said kingdom that farmed out broke CF on Simians, though. That's the weird part. Then Simians waved them twice with no retals. Then they both put CF's back up. Jump to your own conclusion.
    #sinners <---click to join

Okay, if I understand all the rules and what's said by the experts regarding the style of play this age.

1.) It's okay for the little guy to beat up on the big kid at school, once his arms are tied and he can't fight back.
    2.) It's okay to take take your neighbors homework and turn it in as your own, since he offered
    3.) You aren't judged by your actions this age. There is no sense in playing fair/honorably because at some point in the past, you did wrong.

Okay. I understand perfectly now.

On a serious note, I think it's completely unacceptable for this to be allowed. If it's allowed, I promise you that you will see more and more of it next age. Remember Fake wars? That mess started with only 1 KD thinking of it and a smaller kd willing to go along with it......

Age 54: Age without honor

I would have been fine with Simians winning this age... if they did so with honor... but if they win after this, it's tarnished. They can never claim a rightful ownership. In my opinion, of course.

What we look like, as adults.... living in the past...

X: "You stepped on my cats tail!" Y: "But I was only 2 years old!"
    Y: "You stole my favorite crayon" X: "So what, we were 5 year olds in preschool!"

Thread Information