Thread: question about multiple accounts in one household

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend

question about multiple accounts in one household

As the title says, I am wondering if I could get some clarification about "multi" accounts.

Back in the day there used to be a ?white card? or something, that was basically an application so that siblings or partners, ect could play seperate accounts, from the same household.

Wondering what the stance is on this at the moment. I've been approached by a RL friend of mine, who plays utopia... he and his wife (who would like to start playing) want to join my KD.

Straight off the bat, Im happy for him to join my KD... but I would hate for her to begin playing, and have both of them deleted. Especially if it means I loose a valuable KD mate.

Any advice here guys?

Make sure they use separate pc accounts, or separate pcs (preferred). The game will block same IP interactions automatically.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    OK... so seperate computers... yet same internet connection is fine?

Alright... so interactions between the two provences, from the same connection, but using seperate computers is acceptable or not? (IE: being in the same KD, or attacking the same provence, or even sending aid)

The game will bock all same IpPinteractions - they wont be able to aid, attack or op a province that has interacted in the last 24 hours with their IP. They will need separate targets in war and a kdmate to funnel aid to them etc.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend

Brother

Hi.
    My brother started playing about a week ago and we recruited him in our kingdom. He doesn't live in the same house as me, so he'll log where he lives so everything is ok. But! He does come to my house 3-4 days a week, with his laptop.
    Can he log on his account using our wifi-connection without fear of being tagged for double account?
    Also, I am on vacation this weekend so I use the Sitting Feature and gave the control to him, but we did that in my house, both on the same internet connection but different computer. I hope there's no problems with that either.
    I'm concerned because I played pretty constantly about 3-4 years ago and quit because I was deleted for double account when I convinced my brother to join the game :S.
    Last edited by magworld; 13-07-2012 at 15:57.

No issues if he is using a separate laptop.

Post Fiend
    cool cool cool
    happy to see there won't be any problem this time.
    I missed utopia more than I expected. The game did evolve well. Its greater than ever, especially with the recruitement system :) props to everybody working on this awesome game! :)

My son wants to play with me is it still okay as long as he is on his own comp or has the rule changed

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes, you may play with your son. You will be blocked from interacting with each other and similar targets though.

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15185602

Thanks Palem

So it appears if you want total game w/2 people, from same abode, in same kingdom, you must have 2 ISP. ie your spouse/child could use smart phone while home.
    Attacking, aid, thf ops, spells, are all interacting with the same enemy target.

Yes Zulu, I imagine a university dorm is a nightmare for this game/players. 1000 students all using the same isp.
    Must be 2-3 players in that situation in several locations. Also fiends at workplace.
    Last edited by kendy; 22-07-2018 at 10:48.

Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    So it appears if you want total game w/2 people, from same abode, in same kingdom, you must have 2 ISP. ie your spouse/child could use smart phone.
    Attacking, aid, thf ops, spells, are all interacting with the same enemy target.
    Just don't connect to wifi on it!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information