Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Account suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    It wouldn't be practical to send a specialized messaged to every user who violates the code of conduct. If you have a question, email support.
    It would help if they made a few standard texts:
    - You've been suspended for language violations
    - You've been deleted for having multiple accounts
    - You've been banned for life for talking back
    - etc.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    It would help if they made a few standard texts:
    - You've been suspended for language violations
    - You've been deleted for having multiple accounts
    - You've been banned for life for talking back
    - etc.
    I think, it should be easy to auto mail such standard texts.

LOL @ Banned for life for talking back...

Emailed support and will wait and see if I get a response....back in now and am thankful I had cast self spells so not too much damage done :)
    Laughter IS the best medicine - always

Quote Originally Posted by Krozair View Post
    LOL @ Banned for life for talking back...
    I wanted to add a 3rd line. I thought of something else first but decided on lighthearted humor instead :)
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    I emailed support 4 days ago, still no answer. But I PMd bishop on IRC and he let me know what I did.
    CanWe

Dharan, you don't appear to following me. What's not practical is not informing the account being suspended of the nature of their violation. Unless of course your intention is to alienate the playerbase and eventually run the game into the ground.

It would not be at all difficult to code in an email that is sent to the account holder upon the pressing of the ban button. Said email would include the post/msg that was reported, and a single sentence description provided by the moderator.
    Disclaimer
    Take everything I post with a grain a salt. It tastes better that way.

Its easier if you just mail us.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by itchm View Post
    Dharan, you don't appear to following me. What's not practical is not informing the account being suspended of the nature of their violation. Unless of course your intention is to alienate the playerbase and eventually run the game into the ground.

It would not be at all difficult to code in an email that is sent to the account holder upon the pressing of the ban button. Said email would include the post/msg that was reported, and a single sentence description provided by the moderator.
    And you don't appear to be following me. Suspensions are reviewed and handled manually, so any such email would also have to be generated manually. That is not practical. The message you receive is accurate in that you violated the code of conduct. If you are unsure of your violation (which is rare) then you can email support. This way they only have to talk to a small portion of suspended players, rather than explaining obvious violations to every single one, a massive waste of time.
    S E C R E T S

I will look forward to the response to my email then...

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    And you don't appear to be following me. Suspensions are reviewed and handled manually, so any such email would also have to be generated manually. That is not practical. The message you receive is accurate in that you violated the code of conduct. If you are unsure of your violation (which is rare) then you can email support. This way they only have to talk to a small portion of suspended players, rather than explaining obvious violations to every single one, a massive waste of time.
    I would guess they have a butting they push that initiates the suspension and send an email. My suggestion is to add a few tick boxes that would add a general reason to the email sent. Hardly any extra effort, but it may reduce the amount of emails sent to support about why a suspension was handed out. They might even let the system include the offending comments in the mail. Less emails to handle manually would be a good thing, right? It could even add something like this to the email:

You have received a 24 hours suspension for violation the rules regarding language. The offending text was:

The sun did not shine.
    It was too wet to play.
    So we sat in the house
    All that cold, cold, wet day.

We looked! Then we saw him
    Step in on the mat!
    We looked! And we saw him!
    The Cat in the Hat!

We could do all that, it's not worth the development time right now though when a simple mail suffices.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderators must LOVE me raising topics like this :)

Quote Originally Posted by Krozair View Post
    Moderators must LOVE me raising topics like this :)
    I'm sure they love my comments more :P

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I don't really care about either lol

We know you do Palem.... you caring type you...

EDIT:

Email sent 20th July 2012.... wonder how long before I get a response...and yes I do realise it is a low priority item...just curious
    Last edited by Krozair; 25-07-2012 at 21:17.

Thread Information