Thread: kingdom defence

Regular

kingdom defence

this is a bit of a different suggestion but it just popped into my head and i thought i could be interesting to discuss (if not see in the game one day)

a player can commit some of their forces (works like an attack?) to kingdom defence - that is, defending all the provinces in the kingdom. works as force defence points / # of provinces in kingdom is distrubted to each individual province's defence points.
    it would appear in the KD news as "x sent an expeditionary force out in defence of the realm" and have duration equivalent to you attacking your own province (14-16 hours?).
    with anon it could read "an unknown force has taken up arms in defence of our kingdom", thus making it harder to tell who has dispatched troops, same as current anon attacks...
    casualties would be inflicted on the force based on the number of hits taken by the KD as a whole over the duration of the comittment.
    this could be of use to a kingdom that has a significantly larger player (ie a TM) that is otherwise not contributing to the KD military effort.
    other than that it may not be particularly useful for everybody.
    i can't see it as being useful to a bank as any commitment of their forces just makes them easier to break, and considering their draft is already super low it just doesn't make sense for them unless they raise that draft substantially.

another alternative to aid may be "Send Detachment" that works in a similar fashion to kingdom defence but is targetted at a specific province, so a player could send forces in defence of another province but leave their own weaker for the duration of the march.
    not sure how it would show up in the SoM, but in the SoT it could just be a simple addition to overall DPA with the defence points of the detachment being calculated as per the military effectiveness of the recipient province.

just a few ideas!

so just have a faery cleric make defense for the kingdom, then run the rest of the provs as 200 opa orcs?

Regular
    sure, if your faery cleric has 5 million DP... so a faery at 5m networth could provide 200k def to every prov in the kingdom with aroundabout a 60% draft.
    And get absolutely raped on wave 1 and leave the orcs defenceless. you'd make a great monarch!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rsjabba View Post
    sure, if your faery cleric has 5 million DP... so a faery at 5m networth could provide 200k def to every prov in the kingdom with aroundabout a 60% draft.
    And get absolutely raped on wave 1 and leave the orcs defenceless. you'd make a great monarch!
    5 feary clerics running pure 19 leet/acre def with 40% forts and 30% hospitals gives 1075 dpa. Assume the fearies dont want to be chained so they keep 80 dpa on themselves and send the rest out as kd def. each prov gets 34 dpa with 90% reduced losses.

For most provs 34 dpa +d spec is enough def, that means orc gets 25-1wpa-2tpa-1defspec=21 leets/acre=>240 opa.
    Dont even need to have a bank just fairies that dices up/gets aided a TON between wars to provide kd def....i wouldnt even worry about a war, i'd go waving kds 2-3 times my size that didnt do the exact same strategy. No regular kd could fight a 20 orcs with 240-250+ mod opa....or say a b it more balanced 20 orcs with 150 opa and 70 dpa.
    Last edited by Persain; 23-07-2012 at 17:04.

Regular
    ya, may be a bit unbalanced... i should mention, any troops defending the KD would also need some way to be exposed to TM ops ie NM, NS etc.

what do you think of the defend province/force detachment?

Thread Information