Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sugg: New honor system

Sugg: New honor system

Revamping honor.

1) Honor will be KD based not province based. Removal of individual honor charts, and rankings. Removal of bonuses for honor.

2) Honor will only be aquired by war, it will be directly related to acres gained/lost. There will be no honor generation. Every KD will start age with 50k honor, An attack that takes x ammount of land from the KD's total land will take an equal ratio of honor. Withdrawing from war will result in 20% of your honor lost. If a KD is forced to withdraw as a result of the forced withdraw mechanic they will lose 20% and the larger kd will gain 20%.

3) KD honor levels will exist and modify every 10k honor you gain up to 100k. There will not be bonuses but at 100k honor you will be granted "world renowned" in front of your KD name, if you drop below 40k you will lose any title.

4) If you declare war on a KD who has a disparity of honor of 30% or greater then your KD then no honor will be exchanged during the war, forcing you to war KD's with similar honor values for gains to apply.
    My life is better then yours.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So honor is a direct mechanic of acres swapped in wars? =\

Honor, if it exists at all, should be an independent mechanic.

Regular
    There has to be bonuses attached to Honour otherwise there is no point in having an Honour system at all.

Overall, I think the system is fine as is with the exception that T/M Ops should have lower honour values per Op.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    So honor is a direct mechanic of acres swapped in wars? =\

Honor, if it exists at all, should be an independent mechanic.
    Better then relating it to topfeeding :P It would primarily be a way to gauge who is better at warring. 20% gained on WD is more then acres you should ever really lose...

Since if you war someone out of your honor range 0 honor is exchanged it prevents farming it :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Grateful One View Post
    There has to be bonuses attached to Honour otherwise there is no point in having an Honour system at all.

Overall, I think the system is fine as is with the exception that T/M Ops should have lower honour values per Op.
    Okay, I'll go with that, as long as T/M loose less honour when they get hit.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    Better then relating it to topfeeding :P It would primarily be a way to gauge who is better at warring.
    I think that's what the war chart is (intended) for.

Honor is just a bad, pointless, broken mechanic. The sooner it's removed, the better :(

Honor is just a bad, pointless, broken mechanic. The sooner it's removed, the better :(
    But the game woud seem so much more bland without it. I'll be very sad to see it go. I would, however, not be against it being improved.

The war win simply charts wins, this would encourage you to war other KD's with wins :) It would also encourage the pursuit of growth in war. I was also thinking but could be looked into in future having intra kd attacks result in a loss of honor. AKA KD #1 land drops 10% of their land they lose 10% of their honor :)

Also you still get silly titles only they are based on success warring not how many times you cast propaganda :P against orders on a random high honor province rather then the target :D

At a later date you could consider bringing individual honor back, but it would work as a function of the KD's total honor say between .8 and 1.2 modifier on your kd average honor based on # of succesful ops performed attacks performed etc. that way you would be rewarded for activity, but someone doing intel would still receive similar rewards to a t/m casting spells. So if everyone in the KD is quite active it would be pretty equal :D
    Last edited by goodz; 25-07-2012 at 03:14.

Post Fiend
    Honor never achieved what it was supposed to achieve which was for people to hit within their N/W bracket.
    Hitting people in you N/W bracket has been now covered by other mechanics.

Thus honor is a mechanic that has failed to do what it was supposed to do and should be removed from the game. It serves no purpose and has already been replaced by a system that does work.

Enthusiast
    Honor could still be a perk to kingdoms and a goal. However, My suggestion would be to make it kingdom based where the kingdoms have to be within a certain NW range +/-15% (example) and target province must be +/- 15% (example). Then have the Honor run off the following equation for bonuses "Total Kingdom Honor/Number of Provinces= Each Individual Province Honor".

Another option is to eliminate the Honor bonuses directly. Instead make Honor a Kingdom version of Sciences and place certain things that the overall kingdom benefits from as a whole unlike province related sciences. Honor will be generated the whole age and allocated Honor can be taken during wars.

Some ideas for Kingdom Honor bonuses
    - Dragon Resistance (Less damage dealt by dragons per tick)
    - Dragon Killing (Percentage of dragon hp reduced per tick)
    - Boosted DME (Gives a slightly boosted defense bonus kingdom wide but nothing extreme)
    - Boosted OME (Gives a slightly boosted defense bonus kingdom wide but nothing extreme. Maybe a bit better bonus than DME one)
    - Reduced Military training costs
    - Chance to cure plague, negative duration ops, and negative duration spells (Something very minor but might be a good perk if at 2% per tick throughout the entire kingdom or a 10% chance on a random province in the kingdom)
    - Birth Rate bonus (Improves kingdom birthrate and I know homes have this but a slight boost would be interesting)
    - Dungeons having a chance to generate Prisoners (only through Honor points though)
    - Each stable produces and houses more War Horses (only with Honor points though)
    - Wizard loss reduction upon failed attempts (explosion message and only to an extent)
    - Thieves loss reduction upon failed ops (only to an extent)
    - Fully built land gives more population per acre owned (only a small boost not the % like current honor system. More like a cap of turning 25 pop/acre into 35 pop/acre through this for whole kd)

These are just some ideas (not all have are to be picked) and will turn Honor into a unique system instead of another version of sciences that end up getting stacked. Not sure why we can't find a use for Honor rather than removing it. Maybe merge Stables and Barracks together. Then make Dungeons give another added bonus to generate Kingdom honor so Prisoners have an extra bonus. Again these are just some ideas to make the game more interesting and dynamic without causing an imbalance anywhere.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Two problems with tying it to land: those doing well already have a wealth of advantages that aid them in doing better, this will add just another; if honor benefits remain relevant, then it will be more important for KDs to run more attackers (t/ms will be less valuable, doubly so since they will no longer be concentrations of honor) so that they can get more honor (the game is already heavily skewed toward attackers; we don't need to snuff out a playstyle).

I think I read this in another thread, but, what about making honour gains a function of remaining resources (in war), probably not applicable to gold or runes? Like, if you fireball someone with few peasants you gain more than fireballing someone with lots of peasants. Or, if you're one of the last people to edge in on a chain vs one of the first (could use largest Acreage as a reference point, which would help mitigate bulk/cut land droppers, and add a little RP factor to it: "you're nowhere near your former glory"). This would also help to prevent you from losing 1/3 of your honor because some chained down province needed to make a max gain hit, and, hey, we might as well hit the viscount in NW range.

Honor should reward helping out in a war effort (dealing concentrated damage), not being the derp LLing the Marquis 20 minutes after a war starts *shifty eyes*.

Or make gains acreage based again and honor more pertinent and stricter.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zobo View Post
    Two problems with tying it to land: those doing well already have a wealth of advantages that aid them in doing better, this will add just another; if honor benefits remain relevant, then it will be more important for KDs to run more attackers (t/ms will be less valuable, doubly so since they will no longer be concentrations of honor) so that they can get more honor (the game is already heavily skewed toward attackers; we don't need to snuff out a playstyle).
    it wouldnt be tied to land it would be tied to land gained in war. Big difference it would encourage kds of equal skill to war eachother and give long term benefits to a war win. Right now haveing say 6/6 means wars are very hard to get. Forcing you to war another 6/6 kd if u want to exhance honor and giving a "honor bonus" to kds that achieve that many wins would b a set in the right direction. I would tone down the current bonus though, it would be impossible for a 25 player duke kd to war a count kd and thats within 30% honor range.

Revamping honor.

1) Honor will be KD based not province based. Removal of individual honor charts, and rankings. Removal of bonuses for honor.

2) Honor will only be aquired by war, it will be directly related to acres gained/lost. There will be no honor generation. Every KD will start age with 50k honor, An attack that takes x ammount of land from the KD's total land will take an equal ratio of honor. Withdrawing from war will result in 20% of your honor lost. If a KD is forced to withdraw as a result of the forced withdraw mechanic they will lose 20% and the larger kd will gain 20%.

3) KD honor levels will exist and modify every 10k honor you gain up to 100k. There will not be bonuses but at 100k honor you will be granted "world renowned" in front of your KD name, if you drop below 40k you will lose any title.

4) If you declare war on a KD who has a disparity of honor of 30% or greater then your KD then no honor will be exchanged during the war, forcing you to war KD's with similar honor values for gains to apply.
    it's hard enough to find wars without adding item 4.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The war win simply charts wins, this would encourage you to war other KD's with wins :)
    That's why I put in the extra "intended". The biggest problem with the war chart is that it doesn't matter who you war, just how many times you win. If any mechanic should go towards correcting that, it should be the war chart so that way the it's not just another useless chart that's based on stupid, non-skill mechanics.

Well palem that was the poitn of this, you could do away with the war chart also since this would essentially track wins vs opponents with wins

Thread Information