Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 55 potential changes

Age 55 potential changes

Please use this thread to comment on the initial changes for age 55.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

inb4 complainers

Love the war bonus option, love the NW range removal at max meter, love the explore fix. And really love the cap raise for damage ops bonus, until now it was a pretty useless bonus to have. I like the overall drop in power, those numbers really were getting pretty silly high. Should make for another interesting age with some big changes like these.
    Last edited by DHaran; 25-07-2012 at 13:55.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    inb4 complainers

Love the war bonus option, love the NW range removal at max meter, love the explore fix. And really love the cap raise for damage ops bonus, until now it was a pretty useless bonus to have. I like the overall drop in power, those numbers really were getting pretty silly high. Should make for another interesting age with some big changes like these.
    I agree with DHaran and was thinking the same thing, and, I posted something just like it, before reading his post, in my kingdom forum. I like the lower numbers. And, I also think, the damage ops, before this raise, is a pretty useless bonus. I could just re-copy his post, I feel the same way.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 25-07-2012 at 14:10.

Not sure if sage is overpowered or if it's underpowered. No free books I take it? and only +33% science efficiency but then plague immunity could be good.

Veteran
    No changes to fortified stance? For real? With specs having a value of 4... did killing dragons just get a lot harder?
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

Post Fiend
    orcs need full time anon I guess with 7/1 leets

Quote Originally Posted by Petrified View Post
    No changes to fortified stance? For real? With specs having a value of 4... did killing dragons just get a lot harder?
    What don't you like about Fortified? That's a good question you ask, it's essentially a 20% strength bonus on drakes if they aren't tweaked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cieva View Post
    orcs need full time anon I guess with 7/1 leets
    Like they didn't already?
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    Winning a war will not grant any honor taken from your opponents honor pool. Monarchs will instead be able to set a kingdom reward for winning wars, this reward will be 10% honor or land generated based on your kingdoms current honor/land.
    Could u plz clarify? Lets say kd A war B and wins. Who and when sets those rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Loiso View Post
    Could u plz clarify? Lets say kd A war B and wins. Who and when sets those rewards?
    The winning monarch chooses 10% land or honor as the kingdom reward, based on their own kingdom size/honor. The losing kingdom gets nothing, and as far as I can tell loses nothing other than the war.
    Last edited by DHaran; 25-07-2012 at 14:26.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by Petrified View Post
    With specs having a value of 4... did killing dragons just get a lot harder?
    Specs kill 5 points, as it is now.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Like they didn't already?
    I rarely see Orcs use anon in war. The only time I used it myself was on an ambush and that was more to keep the returns time equal with my trads than it was to prevent ambush
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Faery is going to be even more op, about 110% at least without losing any pop. Think +10% def on every faery you've seen this age, that seems really really really scary to me.
    Avian would be incredibly playable if they had reflect magic.
    Can undead have +science cost instead of -science effectiveness so they can compete with the heavy attacking sages, i.e. orc sages human sages?

Veteran
    What don't you like about Fortified?
    I don't like that it nerfs everything attackers can do by 50% but it does not do anything for ops. This basically gives a 2x advantage to oping over attacking and encourages kingdoms to hide in fort and op away. Making massacres do full gains through fort would be an acceptable fix. Or reducing the oping power by 2x out/into fort.
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

That or every op done in fortified has a small chance to drop the stance completely :D yeah right...but that'd be fun!

Undeads elite seems a little expensive, since it was brought down from 9/3 to 7/2. Maybe 900gc would be more reasonable.
    Also the issue of Dwarf/Human/Faery op/spell damage needs to be addressed. As discussed previously, Humans can destroy 97% of runes with a single LS. This is obviously bull****.

Thread Information