Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 55 potential changes

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZE View Post
    The reduced gains protection afforded to smaller kingdom when attacked by larger kingdoms will be removed upon reaching a certain hostility level, which is yet to be decided. .. this is a REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA!!
    By the time this cap is reached, you should be able to reach an agreement. Without this in place, there is abuse of mechanics. With this in place, you will have to learn other ways of dealing with kingdoms larger than you other than endless retals.

Enthusiast
    I thought the idea of having avian spread vermin was actually quite good.

Sir Postalot
    To elaborate on the overpoweredness of fearies, Most fearies run something close to 5 WPA, 5 TPA, 5 Pez per acre, and under the current rules that will let them fit about 13.75 EPA in. Times wages and MP and Forts, you're looking at over 110 DPA.

You've just reduced the elite values for all attacking races such that no attacker will ever ever be able to break a feary anywhere close in networth range.

Their TPA and WPA makes them too strong to be opped, so you essentially have a race that can almost go undamaged all war and age. For war kingdoms, generally if one side has faeries and the other doesn't the one with fearies will win.

Out of war a feary can do whatever operation it wants, robbing, greeding, etc. without ever suffering any sort of consequence whatsoever and being impossible to deter short of bouncewaving and razekilling.

Conquests are the only thing that can really get through, but sending all your armies out from your entire kingdom to conquest leaves all of your provinces with no acres incoming and dead if your opponnent decides to chain. That and the Feary can more easily just landlust the acres back.

That's why its basically imbalanced.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    [S]o you essentially have a race that can almost go undamaged all war and age.

That's why its basically imbalanced.
    And this is actually exacerbated by honor as honor tends to accumulate on them due to them being essentially invulnerable creating a feedback loop.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    And this is actually exacerbated by honor as honor tends to accumulate on them due to them being essentially invulnerable creating a feedback loop.
    Correct. You've made effective hybrids Bishop, just time to eliminate fearies as a race and then you have some interesting strategy decisions and various options on your hands between war kingdoms. Instead of this past age and the few before it, where pretty much every good war kingdom has had a pretty much identical setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    who at the top actually would consider sinners a competitive kd for crowning
    I would hope nobody since this is our first age and that obviously wasn't/isn't a goal. :)
    #sinners <---click to join

Don't allow new provinces or defectees to join KDs that are in war. With ghettos occasionally needing the "opponent at 50%" war win, a new prov defecting in or a new prov in protection with growing nw can easily cause a 5-10% influence depending on kd size.

Also provinces coming OOP into wars typically become food for chained provinces and often ruin chaining in the first place for ghettos. And if the new prov is inactive it just coughs up a couple mill for the opposing KD to steal. Then there's the other scenario where an active attacker defects in, 1 new attacker can easily provide a 10% swing in a ghetto war. There should not be any lottery bs in wars, what you see is what you should get when war starts.

Regular
    i was hoping for a new spell or 2 or new thief ops, something different. the focus is always on attacking. and whatever you do, dont give t/m any help in the defense department! once again its all about the orcs and undead! i will have to build all my land in forts to keep them out. i mean how am i supposed to cast spells when im running away from the hordes? runes flying everywhere and such...and my poor thieves dont want to leave there dens as it is! at least give my beloved halfers a 6/6 eel. thanks.

LOL @ 4/4 human elites

3/6 Faery elites @ 800gc... Elves would be 100%+ better as mystics (0/6 def specs @ 350gc), only a little worse as thieves (less TPA and damage) but can also function as attackers!

TBH I'm still wondering why orc's elite credit's haven't been fixed, first they get +30% gains, then they have pretty much *free* elites... now if we look at monetary values, 1 normal troop credit is worth 350gc, 1 orc elite credit is 850gc... that's 240% of the value of a normal credit.... Do any other race have such a huge advantage in *any one* aspect of the game? Oh yea, the -75% spell duration/damage you say... if you factor in the actual gains you get from duration spells, it's not actually that big a deal...
    My only suggestion regarding this... is to have 50% credits for orcs... Boost their elite defense for all I care...

I also think UD deserves a higher off spec to elite conversion rate... then it's justifiable to keep the elite costs at 1000gc

Post Fiend
    0/5 def specs for elf

Quote Originally Posted by tiggis View Post
    I thought the idea of having avian spread vermin was actually quite good.
    Cheers Tiggis :)

After a war honor should remain with 10% gained/lost based on who you warred the land bonus should not be related to this.

Bonus land should be givin in the form of free explore credits that can only be used during EOWCF they should not take acres from explore pool. Credits will be givin to the smallest provinces in the KD. Total explore credits will equal the amount required to bring the 12 smallest provinces to the median size to a maximum of 10% of the KD's total land.
    My life is better then yours.

Post Fiend
    and the faeries get stronger yet. u keep giving them retarded nerfs... ones that aren't nerfs at all because they had 0 value in the first place... like a faery attacker, who cares if the o spec is 4 or 3 or 0, nobody uses them. same thing with only having 3 generals.

Post Fiend
    "originally posted by lastunicorn.
    " By the time this cap is reached, you should be able to reach an agreement. Without this in place, there is abuse of mechanics. With this in place, you will have to learn other ways of dealing with kingdoms larger than you other than endless retals."

nothing wrong with current system imo.. this really doesnt need to change . only caters the game to large kd's

Enthusiast
    So i didnt bother to to read through EVERY post hear but it seems there is alot of confusion as to what exactly the shift in power is with change of spec & elite numbers. Alot of this is caused by people comparing two numbers arbitrarly and not looking at the whole picture.

so i crunched it all up, i will not post the math hear (endless some one asks me to) as i think it will bore people and i think most of you would be suprised.

when just comparing the troop numbers EVERY race a crossed the boards (excluding Orc and UD as they are they races Im using in comparison) moved closer to orc/UD attack power (this could be seen as a nerf to UD & orc). While at the same time orc and UD Elites became slightly more powerful when compared to faery D. With EVERY race being closer to orc/UD attack power and orc/UD attack power getting a slight boost when compared to faery D this can be looked at a sizable nerf to faerys (this should be countered by no longer having a pop negative). Also every races defense became slightly more efficient weather you compare them versus orc/UD elites or to faery leats (this means needing to run less D specs to keep the same type of O/D ratios meaning more relative MO). This can be looked at a small nerf to Orc/undead but really it should be mitigated by the fact they benefit from a slight D boost as well, this has a much greater effect on the faerys.

Over all i would say the shift in spec/leet numbers (ignoring all other race changes) strengthened every race but orcs, UD and faerys. Orcs and UD stayed about the same and faerys got worse (although much better attackers something like 24% more efficient or something like that).
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

Thread Information