Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 55 potential changes

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ...christ...

Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaKarateKid View Post
    This is the past pros you had kept on adding to the Faeries.
    1st time: +1 def
    2nd time:+1 def again
    3rd time: +pop back (enable possibility of offence attack)
    Gaining pop back is not a bonus. It's the removal of a penalty. But let's look at the negatives they got...
    1st: -10% Pop. Biggest penalty in the game.
    2nd: -2 offspec. Second biggest penalty in the game.

May I ask where did you obtained the proofs that Faeries are unplayable? Have a look at all the kd pages, I can't see any of their Faeries are dead? No one been razed to 100 acres? No, almost all the Faeries in the kds are big and strong, high in honour somemore. Every Faeries in the average kds are big and strong. Flip the kd page and you can find a tons of them. So which exactly is the kind of kds are left to be said, that the Faeries are unplayable. Its only top kds isnt it?

You have to understand, top kds wars are all extreme. They are called top kds, thats because they are formed by top players. Every online games will have these kind of players, top 10 ranked, elites players that is. Imagine when all the top players gather in a place and fight a war, how can that be simply judged as the Faeries are weak and unplayable? Extreme wars, makes extreme cases, that's all it takes.
    There's not one bit of argument in there worth responding to. Top kds are the ones that make faeries look good because they're capable of using them properly. The "big and strong" ghetto faeries are the ones that are able to get knocked down and killed because they don't know what they're doing.

You see, all bonuses
    - Wpa
    - Tpa
    - Spell Damage
    - Thieve Damage
    - Population
    - Highest Defence
    - All racial spells

All already included in one single race, Faery. The only thing left is what? Just offence, what else more? So can it be assumed, that you might want to give them highest offence the next age?
    They don't have a population bonus. The rest of them are required to be an efficient TM race.

Elf is strong at magic, but he is vulnerable in thievery. It is the NM spells that makes it imbalance.
    Halfing is strong at thievery, but he is vulnerable in magic.
    The other attacker races like Avians, Dwarfs, Orcs, Undeads and Humans are strong in attacking or income, but they are vulnerable in both magic and thievery.
    While the last time Faery are strong in defence, Wpa, and Opa, but they are vulnerable in population, which make them easier to be overpopulated.
    Makes them easier to overpop? Strong in Opa? LOL get outta here, please.

May I ask that, what is the vulnerability of Faeries for this age? What can a -3 General make this race vulnerable, from which sides?
    Halflings, Elves, Orcs, Undeads, and Dwarves, and Avians...and maybe humans?
    -3 generals means when you a chain a faery, it can't quad tap provs that your kd has already chained and are sitting on little/no defense. It can only make one hit.

No, nothing at all. This race has totally no vulnerabilities this age. They just can't make more than one hit, thats all. Everyone can see that easily.
    Then play it and stfu already.
    Spoiler alert: Odds are you're going to fail because you don't have the faintest idea of what you're talking about.

But let's look at the vulnerabilities of the other races, shall we?
    Avians - Yep, those are some vulnerabilities.
    Dwarves - Do you use Accellerated buildings? I know I don't. +food consumption isn't even a big deal. They don't have any real vulnerabilities. THEY'RE OVERPOWERD!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Elves - THEY DON'T HAVE ANY VULNERABILITIES!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE OVERPOWERD!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Halflings - -15% BR? One cast of L&P and they've already turned that into a bonus! THEY'RE OVERPOWERD!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Humans - THEY DON'T HAVE ANY VULNERABILITIES!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE OVERPOWERD!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Orcs - They aren't designed to use TM ops, so TM bonuses don't matter just like -3 generals don't matter for Faery. THEY'RE OVERPOWERD!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Undead - -Sci eff? That's a bit rough if you're in a competitive kd, but hey, 90% of the time THEY'RE OVERPOWERD!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Are you seeing a pattern in your logic?

Full defence Elfs existed in the game. Full defence Halflings also existed in the game. They are also full t/ms that can be also brought down by a 130 Opa Orc. They also can't stop the Orcs from keep on attacking, like you said. But that doesn't seems to bother you anyway. Its only Faery that you are paying an attention to. Come on... even a kid can know you are favouring the race.
    Elves and Halfers are built for hybrid roles. They can build and use a workable offense. Faeries are explicitly handicapped into the TM role with no viable alternative. You can't run an a/t faery, or an a/m faery. My views on the imbalance between attacking and TMing are VERY clear. Attacking>TM'ing in every aspect of the game. Want to kill someone's def? Attack them. Want to take down someone's econ? Attack them. Want to take their land? Attack them. Want to take their money? Attack them. The game allows this to happen so do it.

Now please just leave me alone and stop responding to me. It's not the least bit fun or entertaining for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnguyen1229 View Post
    Anyone who says Faeries aren't OP obviously plays one or doesnt know jack sh*t. The honor system alone allows t/ms in general have an edge with extra boost of %. That isn't directly faeries fault but they are PURELY T/M. Also being a race that people feel no need/benefit to attacking you is .. OP. Being a race that is UB after 24 hours of war is ... OP.
    That was LAST age. Now this age, you give them 10% population ...OP. And for those who think -3 generals is a BIG blow, it really isnt. Faeries never attacked/ambush anyway, maybe some learn from chain targets. It does nothing to their playstyle. For all they care, you can give Faeries -83648426 generals. Give them their extra 10% pop, they'll be happy. More elites, more thieves, more mages .. that's ALL they want.
    At least you admiited Honor is a major issue. The rest of your post is entirely misguided and ill-informed. If you think there's no need/benefit of attacking a race that can't attack you back, then you're doing it wrong.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I can't see any of their Faeries are dead? No one been razed to 100 acres? No, almost all the Faeries in the kds are big and strong, high in honour somemore.
    There's not one bit of argument in there worth responding to. Top kds are the ones that make faeries look good because they're capable of using them properly. The "big and strong" ghetto faeries are the ones that are able to get knocked down and killed because they don't know what they're doing.
    My kd has feary at 300 acres right now down from 1900. Only took 90-100 hits to get him there but the kd we are fighting DID do it and it REMOVED him 100% from war.

Palem is right, just because MOST kds dont chain a feary doesnt mean thats not how u hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    At least you admiited Honor is a major issue. The rest of your post is entirely misguided and ill-informed. If you think there's no need/benefit of attacking a race that can't attack you back, then you're doing it wrong.
    Honor is the ONLY issue with fearies as far as im concerned. Fixing either honor or the way the scale with honor instantly fixes fearies.
    Last edited by Persain; 03-08-2012 at 15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    My kd has feary at 300 acres right now down from 1900. Only took 90-100 hits to get him there but the kd we are fighting DID do it and it REMOVED him 100% from war.
    I'm actually interested. Who's winning the war?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by imhumannn View Post
    I'm actually interested. Who's winning the war?
    Good question, i think its gonna be dependent on which kd you ask. Took about 8 days i personally think my own kd has took the stronger position, but war wont end before end of age and eoa=13 day war + 2 hostile, so meh. We were down 24v25 provs until we pk'ed (didnt mean to) to make it 24v24 and finally started to out sustain the other attackers. Been wanting this war for about 3 ages and its sad to not see a winner, but fun none the less.

As for the important issue It took 2-3 days to bounce wave our feary from 140k def to being breakable by their kd at about 80k def and another day or two to bring the feary from 1900 acres to 300 acres and they just started Massacring the feary today. Still have 3 faeries siting on a higher def than that one at around 2300 acres.

At this point question is who wins the t/m battle using attacker support better..http://www.******************.eu/a-c...e-wars?id=1111 if your curious.
    Last edited by Persain; 03-08-2012 at 16:04.

Post Demon
    Palem makes the best textwalls. :)

Also - Faeries can be chained this age and will be chainable next due to relative offense boost. Don't blame the game because people adopt short-term war strategies... chain or massacre against a faery is a decision that should cost a kingdom acres in the short term, with a long-term payoff of removing one unbreakable province. The last few posts are showing how that works in warring kingdoms.

The question should be whether a race that by definition can't attack and is meant to be UB is good for the game, not complaints that Faeries can't be stopped or that kingdoms are obliged to use Faeries to war effectively. Faeries fill a role like any other, and I don't see people complaining about high-offense being mandatory or Orc being mandatory this age... I find the offense-fest more boring than defense-fest...

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Been wanting this war for about 3 ages and its sad to not see a winner, but fun none the less.
    who is winterhell?

Forum Addict
    oh, i didn't realize animals was div. That one's been a good show. I hear those guys aren't too shabby at war ;)

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    oh, i didn't realize animals was div. That one's been a good show. I hear those guys aren't too shabby at war ;)
    LoL, yup probably would of taged up weeks ago but we kinda lost activity HARD mid age when no one would war us i mean seriously 5 weeks of no war then we have 6 people go on vacation. When they got back we'd droped WAY in nw, looked for a quick war to get a sense of activity and stubled upon

Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    who is winterhell?
    Either some random ghetto that's VERY good, we are alot worse than i thought, or a good war kd that hasnt tagged. I honestly dont know who they are, they haven't said and we haven't asked them directly, does it really matter? It was implied to me who they are on irc and i'll just say take a look at the good waring kd thread and pick a kd you cant find on the charts, with that said no mater who they are they are decent, sat one of our elfs and seen his ops over the past 9 day:

Droughts (1) 13
    Prop got nothing 72
    Fireballed (99) 22,751
    Failed spells 76
    Riots (22) 196 Hours
    Failed Theif ops 100
    MS (14) 139 Hours
    Tornadoes (13) 571 Acres
    Peasants 6,372 (via MS)
    Archers 10,121 (via MS/attacks/ns)
    Elf Lords 4,517 (via MS/attacks/ns/prop)
    Wizards assassinated (108) 4,640
    Wizards proped (58) 817
    Theifs proped (49) 1,393
    Propeganda specs (36) 4,452
    Solds proped (10 ) 34
    LL (11) 244
    Food (13) 550,594
    gold (10) 47,118
    Runes (65) 984,124 (800k in the first 2 hours, did i say we were semi active when we waved?)
    6 hits 596 acres, 6146 Population massacred

Post Fiend
    So much Faery hate/love, so little discussion on changes...

*edit*

and war "summaries"... really?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by fwordz View Post
    We're discussing the changes. It's just not getting far...

"Faery is OP!"
    "...no it isn't"
    "Yes it is!"
    "...no...It's not"

*edit*

Because Faery wasn't changed?

Let's look at the non-racial changes for a second. Re-examining explore formulas: okay. Removes relative KD NW protection after a certain hostility level. Good. Adds war button to both KDs when they both hit relations cap, regardless of size. Good. WW now give bonus land or honor. Can be good. Sabotage bonuses now increase the cap. Okay, I'm cool with that.

Hey, look, we just covered all of the non-racial changes in 1 paragraph.

Now for the biggest changes for next age: racial changes. Oh look, 26 pages of change discussion.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

It's part of our discussion of whether or not faery should stay how it is.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Because Faery wasn't changed?

Let's look at the non-racial changes for a second. Re-examining explore formulas: okay. Removes relative KD NW protection after a certain hostility level. Good. Adds war button to both KDs when they both hit relations cap, regardless of size. Good. WW now give bonus land or honor. Can be good. Sabotage bonuses now increase the cap. Okay, I'm cool with that.

Hey, look, we just covered all of the non-racial changes in 1 paragraph.

Now for the biggest changes for next age: racial changes. Oh look, 26 pages of change discussion.
    Like Palem said;

"FA is OP"
    "NO.. it's not"

Most of the numbers people put up is either totally wrong or lacking alot of input, either cause people are lazy, biased or just forgetting important aspects of the game (like the fact that it's not a static numbers game) The last part is why I generally care little for race changes, and I find them alot less interesting than mechanics changes. It's changes that will actually changes something in the game, race changes really don't do much to overall gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    WW now give bonus land or honor. Can be good.
    This was the only thing I commented on, and it seems you have no clue how this will affect the game, yet still have no intrest in discussing it?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    It's part of our discussion of whether or not faery should stay how it is.
    Elfs have terrible defence against FA's, unless it's a rogue you could just aswell show summary of what a FA can do to an orc in 9 days. If the point was to show that elfs are **** this age. Then yeah sure the summary is a valid contribution to the race change debate.

see.. now you got me tangled up in this debate aswell.. damn..

Strategy Moderator
    Elfs have terrible defence against FA's, unless it's a rogue you could just aswell show summary of what a FA can do to an orc in 9 days. If the point was to show that elfs are **** this age. Then yeah sure the summary is a valid contribution to the race change debate.

see.. now you got me tangled up in this debate aswell.. damn..

LoL when u see that kind of summary on an elf/orc/whatever done by halfing rogues and then look at see that that same kd is bounce waving a feary over 5 days even with an emerald dragon on them maybe its time to consider fairies a bit to resistant to t/m ops.
    Last edited by Persain; 03-08-2012 at 19:16.

Thread Information