Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 55 potential changes

Post Demon
    Faery is going to have more relative dpa then last age, you nerfed the elite by .5 but removed the pop penalty, that elite needs to have a 5 for its defensive value or they are going to be just as annoying as last age. I can also imagine seeing all faery KD's being fairly successful with how fortified works. Abusing it in the same way elfs did this age.

[/QUOTE]

this. Faeries.receiving a massive buff this age... I think its a terrible change, although I can run a whole bunch of faeries next age like everyone else if that's what we are forced to do without balance. Its so easy for any half decent warring kingdom to have count, marquis, or higher by 2/3 age, it just becomes a joke.

Don't buff best race from last age

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zobo View Post
    Only DWs and Avians will be better at breaking anyone than they were before (excluding Faery). Offense is effectively on the decline.
    Avains also now have the most gains/time.
    Orc gets 120% gains/hit
    Avain is at .9/.7= 129% gains.
    Last edited by Persain; 25-07-2012 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Avains also now have the most gains/time.
    Orc gets 120% gains/hit A
    vain is at .9/.7= 129% gains.
    They're also going to have 75-85% (depending on stables) of the offense of an Orc. Avians needed a buff. They're viable now.

will WW still grant science and credits?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    this. Faeries.receiving a massive buff this age... I think its a terrible change, although I can run a whole bunch of faeries next age like everyone else if that's what we are forced to do without balance. Its so easy for any half decent warring kingdom to have count, marquis, or higher by 2/3 age, it just becomes a joke.

Don't buff best race from last age
    welll i posted i thought the nerf to nw/acre of the feary leet was enough but,

Current age:
    Feary: 22.5 pop 4 tpa, 4 wpa, 3 ppa
    =>11.5 epa => 92 raw dpa at a cost of 86.25 nw/acre
    1.0666 def/nw
    Orc: 25 pop 2.5 tpa 1 wpa 3 ppa 7.5 dpsec/acre=>
    11epa => 99 raw opa at a cost of 79.75 nw/acre
    1.241 off/nw

Next age
    Feary: 25 pop 4 tpa, 4 wpa, 3 ppa =>14 epa
    => 84 raw dpa at a cost of 84 nw/acre
    =>1 def/nw
    Orc: 25 pop 2.5 tpa 1 wpa 3 ppa 7.5 dpsec/acre=> 11epa
    => 77 raw opa at a cost of 63.25 nw/acre
    =>1.217 off/nw

i guess orcs took a hit to their offense/nw as well and they go from basic being able to break on raw #'s to not being able to break.

seems like a feary buff to me....sigh another age where u have to run fearies.
    Last edited by Persain; 25-07-2012 at 16:14.

Faeries need a way to encourage them to build less elites and build more wizards, thiefs, or offense, to prevent the niche of t/m=Faery=stack D=go for UB. -3 generals decreases their offensive power, which just pushes them back to "stack defense." Their offense really isn't anything special, too. Unless they're dedicating 20-30% of their land to attacking buildings, they'll be nothing but a couple extra hits on a chain target (mostly irrelevant).

Here are some suggestions:
    Reduce WPA/TPA% mods (10-25% is still HUGE in the scheme of things; I'd kill for a 10% WPA mod as a Dwarf right now), they'll need to run more thieves and wizards to achieve the same numbers, which means less defense.

Add +%wages penalty. Wizards and thieves do not require wages. Stacking defense will become more expensive than building a rounded army. This will also effectively reduce their comfortable % draft rates.

Reduce losses when attacked (built in GS). Faeries are the only caster/thief that do not get any sort of space efficiency mod. They typically ignore hospitals and GS and go for UB, because it's ineffective to have balanced buildings (not enough space). Faeries won't be as heavily damaged by attacks, and won't be forced to stack defense to stay afloat.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    + wages does sound like a necessary nerf (buff? lol) for faery

Why'd they feel it necessary to buff the strongest t/m race over their counterparts? Seems like a really bad choice in regards to balance.
    Also,what happened to the predetermined roles that seemed to be shaping up at the end of last round, i.e. giving bonuses so stacked to nearly force a race to play in a certain way, which Bishop said was indeed something they were doing, looks....like it was scrapped in favor of a rollback which is fine, but....then they buff faery again. Confused....

MS is a joke. T/Ms in general is a joke. FB, NS, etc needs to have a cap or gangbang protection like land grabs. I don't see how you can have 4k acres and 3k peasants. That's a bit over the top. MS ticking killing more dspec over 4 ticks than an attacker doing TM without moving meters. Idiot attacks and gave kingdom UF, we're eating MS at the price of 3 plunders? Really? MV is a joke, cost too much, not guaranteed success so its beneficial to use that mana to MS someone than MV. Change the meters mechanics, allowing ops to move them significantly.
    Faeries - best T/M, UB in war, Honor Whoring now u gave them a shotgun on top. At least this age, they couldnt attack (occasional hit on chained down province with no def)
    Coming age, they will have one general for a huge attack/plunder/learn or even ambush on top of all the T/M/UB/Honor, again ... Really? Lets all play faeries

Veteran
    Faeries just need a 5% pop penalty...

And fireball is completely broken in an OOW situation. It causes several times more damage than ANY other op, while being relatively easy to cast. If you give someone unfriendly and their fae/dw decide to fireball you 20 times (easily achievable by a single province), you need about 48 hours to recover (this is with love and peace on 24/7 and assuming no MS/storms/chast). 20 of any other op does not do REMOTELY this much damage.
    Last edited by Petrified; 25-07-2012 at 16:57.
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrified View Post
    ]
    And fireball is completely broken in an OOW situation. It causes several times more damage than ANY other op, while being relatively easy to cast. If you give someone unfriendly and their fae/dw decide to fireball you 20 times (easily achievable by a single province), you need about 48 hours to recover (this is with love and peace on 24/7 and assuming no MS/storms/chast). 20 of any other op does not do REMOTELY this much damage.
    Apparently a lot of thought has gone into it, and the game is designed for Fireball to be OP. So don't bother. Already tried. Also only takes 10-15 not 20. Not sure how it makes sense, but it does, or so I'm told.
    Disclaimer
    Take everything I post with a grain a salt. It tastes better that way.

The best and perhaps only real explination for this fae buffing that I can come up with is that they are truly attempting to have fae on par with attacking, but done via spells to prevent guaranteed casualties, retal potential, etc etc etc....Like, they're making spells as damaging as attacking is what it seems like, at least giving them the potential for it.

This will lead to incredible amounts of abuse I can already see a half faery kingdom opping every target from fortified stance for 72 hours up until declaration of war. 3 days of fortified UF fireballs NS, it's going to be nasty unless they do anything to prevent it

Once again so happy with the changes and nothing anyone has posted has changed this. I would like to mention, however, that I think Faery is plenty balanced, but, I guess I could be wrong -- I do not see Halfling having any troubles taking faery out.

Those faeries are going to be might sad if they get broken and farmed for 2 days. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    sigh another age where u have to run fearies.
    Final changes aren't in yet

Thread Information