Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament

Post Fiend

Tournament

Just wanna ask the devs if it's doable cuz would be a nice touch to the game and would allow kds of diffrent levels to war each other .
    Maybe have some sign up rounds and only kds with 22-23 provs min can sign up , then give each kd say like 1 week to prepare (perhaps make ticks faster ?) and each prov at a certain stage of the tournament be automatically set to a set # of acres for that stage (1k acres in the qualifications , 1.5k acres in the 8th , 2k acres in the quarter finals..etc ) .Also after each war every prov should be set back or forward to the acreage set for the next round (if they qualify) with everything to 0 (military , wpa , tpa , sci ) , then another 1 week of getting ready then war again a random kd ?
    Would such a thing be possible ?

If you can monetize it, sure.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    hm , whats needed for that ? *me noob at such things *

For anything to happen it would need to generate revenue in some way - otherwise doing it isn't feasible.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    would be more fun for ppl ? maybe attract back some older players? ..but well i guess you know best , just liked the sound of it , cuz atm the utopian world is pretty much boring , with same kds in top 5-10 in land and nw charts , and same old strategies and stuff.

ok, how about buying into a tournament server? monarch pays xx credits to buy in (obviously donated by his fellow kd mates). add rules and conditions, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve it up. (maybe do a survey/poll to determine interest in order to see if it is feasible)
    I would also add a page that people can visit to see an update of whats going on, i.e. who beat who, where the kingdoms stand etc.
    Last edited by Angelus; 31-07-2012 at 09:03.
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Post Fiend
    ya , thats doable as well , maybe like 1 credit / prov or smth like that ?

Post Fiend
    aye :D and the summary of each war to be public ..dunno..just thinking

yea, people use <insert utopia clone name here> as a way to get more game action, this would be good for them, it might kill the clones tho, and we know what that did in star wars... :/
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Post Fiend
    hehe :D

action creates revenue. it doesnt come from doing nothing bish.
    Icy 4 8

You need money to do stuff

Post Fiend
    Angelus gave you an idea Bishop , might work ? with 1 credit / prov ?

I don't make the decisions, I'm just providing pointers :) i know the devs have been wary in the past with charging for a tournament due to cheating.

Post Fiend
    action brings back the fun , fun brings back the players , players gives you revenue. easy math.

Thread Information