Thread: The right % of dungeons this age

The right % of dungeons this age

I've always heard that 2% dungeons is the right amount but with the changes this age does it change the amount of dungeons we should have? But the amount of dungeons doesn't affect the number of prisoners captured in one attack right, it just affects the capacity of prisoners you can hold? So would it be difficult to fill your dungeons if you have more than 2% dungeons?
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Post Demon
    1-5%

Losses average around 4-5% of enemy defense, so 2-2.5% is easily fillable against normal targets. Half your prisoners remain every hit, so bump that up to about 3% on average. The 5% figure is for situations where you expect to hit into town watch often, or want to retain dungeons after being hit as much as possible. Also factor +losses mods and how often the kingdom uses them.

This age, dungeons are more useful for provinces that don't multitap, and too huge the pass up if you do.

if you have 5%, don't hit clerics.

3% is about the max I would go :)
    My life is better then yours.

Post Demon
    If you have some spares, you can "bank" a few extra prisoners for the next hit. Mine always seem to go away if I don't keep building extras all the time, so I run almost 5% by mid war.

I'm still convinced there is a bug in the building destruction algorithm - how, exactly, does every single last home (from 10%) get killed in 3-5 days? Same with banks? But the result is anything you aren't building losses 1-2% every 12 hours - so 2% dungeons = 0% dungeons by the time your army is back.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Yah I was wondering about that too. Is it supposed to be an evenly distributed destruction of land?
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Post Demon
    I believe it's weighted to keep the buildings you have more of, and stuff with 5% or so will quickly vanish after several hits.

Postaholic
    i noticed that aswell last age. Once i was left with 0 built land, only had the incoming buildings.

Thread Information