Thread: Elf perso?

Regular

Elf perso?

What elf perso is viable? Been looking at sage or mystic. warring kd
    Last edited by Conclave; 09-08-2012 at 01:07.

Post Demon
    Mystic.

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Sage is a personality you should only pick if you're working with your kingdom and have a solid plan to get science. It's a terrible choice for a solo province.

Regular
    Im not worried about it being more difficult to play, im active and like a challenge, im just curious if its a viable option. I know bio used them this age, just curious if it worked only because it was kdwide strat, or any good player could make them work. Ive played sage for like 10 ages now with success and just wanted to switch it up: elf/rog seems more powerful, and fun in war, than sage would be...

my kd isnt 'ghetto' per se, just not top10 :) You actually used to play with us back when i was starting i think :D

Post Fiend
    It didn't work for bio. Bio is easily the most active kingdom in the game which hid how weak elf rogue set up was, it was at best mediocre against orcs and weak against human/dwarf. It might work as a t/m but it is worse than faery by far.
    Last edited by Mal; 07-08-2012 at 22:37.

Regular
    Just seems as good/better than sage imo, and we will have MS covered already. what issues make it undesirable?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Conclave View Post
    Just seems as good/better than sage imo, and we will have MS covered already. what issues make it undesirable?
    It doesn't have any bonuses to thievery. It doesn't have the build space to run td's and war buildings. It doesn't have the population space to run enough tpa to overcome well managed attackers. It doesn't have the economy to sustain its military or it's thieves.

Mystic makes it easy to get wpa to use the insane amount of wpa elf has (every wizard is worth 1.7 of an attackers compared with elves thieves being of equal value), it allows you to run way less guilds and towers, it doubles duration on spells (need to cast less self spells, offensive spells) and it gives you more mana leveraging elves strength.

Tl;dr mystic leverages the strength of elves while rogue is just an add-on mish-mash of a personality choice.

I'm going Tactician, A/m :)

It only worked kind of for bio and required AW and NM runs to have the elves quad tap to keep up with orcs...

Why not simplify and just run Elf + merchant. Elf merchant has a better econ, is going to be a pain to prevent from getting unbreakable.

To ghettos/mid level i recommend a core of 10-15 undead Tact/cleric/warrior. Then 5-6 elf merchant a/m to fireball keep the elves bigger then the undead if possible. then 4-5 faerys as mystic probably to MS/Riot/Greed/Chastity. then 2-3 humans, also merchants... run them on like 40 opa but big dpa to grow unbreakable keep them on 3-4 tpa pre war and 2+ wpa if possible.

strategy is fairly easy. Chain them. Fireball any unbreakables or just anyone on high defense you don't feel like chaining early.
    My life is better then yours.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    It only worked kind of for bio and required AW and NM runs to have the elves quad tap to keep up with orcs...

Why not simplify and just run Elf + merchant. Elf merchant has a better econ, is going to be a pain to prevent from getting unbreakable.

To ghettos/mid level i recommend a core of 10-15 undead Tact/cleric/warrior. Then 5-6 elf merchant a/m to fireball keep the elves bigger then the undead if possible. then 4-5 faerys as mystic probably to MS/Riot/Greed/Chastity. then 2-3 humans, also merchants... run them on like 40 opa but big dpa to grow unbreakable keep them on 3-4 tpa pre war and 2+ wpa if possible.

strategy is fairly easy. Chain them. Fireball any unbreakables or just anyone on high defense you don't feel like chaining early.
    That's a poor recommend for a ghetto kingdom. Most ghettos do not have 25 players but hang at around 18-20 , so with 4-5 faeries you could be looking at a quarter of the kd being TMs - a situation to be avoided IMO!

Any thoughts for an Elf A/m? From the sounds of it I should go Mystic, but we've already got 3 in the KD and I think that's more than enough to cover MS blanket. Right now I'm set at Warrior, mainly for the +15%, but I see that Merchant was also mentioned. I'm in a warring KD and I'd say we're mid-level (non-ghetto, but not quite pro).

Post Demon
    If you're just part of a small group of elves, you might as well go Mystic for the other perks. MS is a very small part of the Mystic bonuses.

If you have a lot of elves, Merchant, Warrior, and Cleric all work well, especially Merchant.

Post Fiend
    Elf has weak Econ so cleric and merchant are decent.

Thread Information