Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Undead >>> Orc?

Forum Fanatic

Undead >>> Orc?

318 Orcs
    972 Undead

Would seem undead is the most popular choice this round. Is it because of the crazy plague. 20NB later and it is still on you....

Thoughts? I know it is early but I see this difference increasing in hours to come. Updates have not really changed much in these so why is orc not as popular as last age?

I also see a rise in Dwarf. Assuming most the dwarfs were ex orc?

Orc elite is easily ambushed i guess, not that it wasn't last age.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Orc elite is easily ambushed i guess, not that it wasn't last age.
    this bishop is right in war doubt any player wants to attack as anon and add time to thier marches
    ORCs to save thier leets and %20+ gains have too otherwise they setting duckies! Big Ugly Green Duckies!

Enthusiast
    But you would think the +20% gains and Reflect magic would offset that.
    RF is a great spell, I would trade plague for it in a moment.. plague is too random.. nice bonus when it hits,, but for me it rarely hits.

Forum Fanatic
    For me I get plague when i hit an undead more than when i get hit by an undead.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggis View Post
    But you would think the +20% gains and Reflect magic would offset that.
    RF is a great spell, I would trade plague for it in a moment.. plague is too random.. nice bonus when it hits,, but for me it rarely hits.
    kinda not really cause with an ambush u gain 50% back so... an orc 100 acre gain would be 120 but an ambush would be 60 not 50... with the higher gains u get against someone gives them more reason to ambush... with opecs at 4 and or elites at 1 def u can ambush 1000 ogres with 250 specs... massive losses for the ugly duckies!! so with losses in orginal fight + losses in ambush and the elite credits gain an orc might break even

Scribe
    200 specs, its 0.8 * raw def. so compared to previous age it would have taken 320 specs which was easy enough as is, but now its 37.5% less needed offense
    Last edited by natebane; 08-08-2012 at 13:05.

Selective anon FTW...

Serious if you're chaining someone and they're not online how many hits are they going to ambush? And if you smack someone down to like 1/4 their size are they going to ambush the last few tiny hits or are they going to multi-tap for land?

If you're chaining someone the need for anon is very sparse and thus the issue of Orc being easy to ambush is neglible. If you're max gaining and hitting all round the shop, sure it can be an issue, but if you're hitting 1 or 2 provs in a wave I fail to see where the issue about ambushing is...

Orc is better than Ud because leet credits is better than leet conversion and RM is a very good defensive spell. People have seen the 1 def leet and gone crazy for some reason...
    Last edited by AlphaWaveCascade; 08-08-2012 at 15:02.

Scribe
    so you just chain the whole war and never go to max gains? also your orc provs that get chained in return will get auto ambushed and TM or 2x back when they try to keep land incoming.

This was also the case last age - orcs are fine and people are overreacting. A chain is correctly planned max gains btw.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Enthusiast
    I was tempted to go Orc just because of the RF.
    As Undead I use alot of resources to keep mages from having free reign.

undeads tend to suck late age, sci nerf is massive.

Enthusiast
    This.

Post Fiend
    This, but also if you are too heavy undead people tend to run from you early as well so it is a two edged sword.

orc just takes mad dumps over undead, not even close

Thread Information