Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faery Rogue TM build strats requested.

Veteran
    That depends.

Veteran
    I am - or i will be - pure theif mage yet i plan to attack in War. Quick Feet, War Spoils and Pitfalls(on target province obviously).

Personally ive found stealing food in War (and out of it) to be lucrative. By this i mean one or two ops in a 24 hour period just to top up supplies. You just have to have a good target such as a Dwarf or Orc.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Veteran
    Ive used Faery Mystic in the past and they are sweet. But i want to try a new combination. I think having all spells and theif ops will be a lot of fun :-).
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote Originally Posted by astronomer86 View Post
    I am - or i will be - pure theif mage yet i plan to attack in War. Quick Feet, War Spoils and Pitfalls(on target province obviously).

Personally ive found stealing food in War (and out of it) to be lucrative. By this i mean one or two ops in a 24 hour period just to top up supplies. You just have to have a good target such as a Dwarf or Orc.
    quite useful, and u dont have to allocate too much buildings into farm. basically, would u rather steal food from them or usa mana to FL to keep yourself sustained.

Post Demon
    Cue "t/ms are cancers upon ghetto kingdoms" post. :p

You need at least 15% towers as a t/m to bring in enough runes to cast the spells you want, probably more. Other than that, t/m buildings are pretty straightforward.

Faery shouldn't bother building stables... if you need to attack something, it's probably got near-zero defense anyway and you need only send a few soldiers or beastmasters to hit it.

Veteran
    That's a bit harsh :-) oh well i am immune to cancer hahaha

:-) !!!

The Stables are just there for the heck of it. I might have Dungeons instead. Nooblet if they are straight forward could you please type one out when you get the chance. Cheers.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Demon
    15-20% guidls
    15-20% towers
    15-20% dens
    15-20% forts

Those are the important buildings to your role. Everything else is situational. Of course you can run less of these buildings and more of others, but you'll have all of them in considerable numbers.

A good t/m will know how to rotate their build to adapt to the situation, rather than sticking with a fixed build no matter what. Even though t/ms only use the same few effectiveness buildings, the economy buildings like homes and banks are also helpful. As a non-Mystic you will absolutely need to spend some time with 50%+ guilds to keep up with Mystics, or else eventually a good t/m or elf/mystic will catch on and slap MS on you constantly. Finally, since you can't Learn attack, you'll probably want to spend plenty of time pumping science.

What you do as a t/m is important, so your buildings should reflect that. If you're only opping orcs and undeads, you don't need that many dens, and if you're not using duration spells you don't need many guilds during war as long as your wpa is good enough. Outside of war your t/ms need to keep busy and actively thieve, and dice/explore where they need to to match your attackers.

Veteran
    Thankyou for that nooblet.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

lol the faery/rogue hate? Cornerstone of faery/rogue is utilizing the spellbook wisely and just being great on thievery. Use the defensive spells when needed, and do things that aren't duration ops. Why does mystic matter if you're doing tornadoes? And who the hell cares about another prov that can cast meteors with all the elf/mystics this age? Have them do it.

Faery/rogue can be a phenomenal econ province, almost as good as faery/sage. Propaganda transfers networth straight from the opposing KD to yours, and it can be a huge help in killing dragons. A group of faeries doing Assassinate Wizards can be huge in disabling other elves or faeries.
    Faery/sage gets the best wpa/tpa of the whole bunch.

All 3 are viable. Period. They each fill a different role, and IMO if you're carrying a handful of T/Ms you'd be a fool not to have them on slightly varied roles. As with everything, it depends on who's in your crew, what other race/pers combos you have, and who your opponents will be.

Edit: Great advice from nooblet. :) T/M can be useless if it's played uselessly, but good players don't do that. Recognize what's needed, and do it - T/M have so much more flexibility in how they can contribute than any attacking role.
    Last edited by dingy2; 08-08-2012 at 23:19.
    Beast
    WarWins or BUST

as a rogue with 20% TDs, would the following calculations be correct?

Lower Losses in Thievery Operations by % * 4 (capped at 95%) = 20 (% buildings) * 2 (rogue multiplier) * 4 = 95% (the max)
    Increase Thievery Effectiveness by % * 3 = 20 (% buildings) * 2 (rogue multiplier) * 3 = 120%

Veteran
    Thanks for the feedback but ive switched to Mystic for the benefit if my Kingdommates as we need boosting as far as magic is concerned. Faery Rogue shall have to wait.

Cheers all though.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Veteran
    A good advice is to never listen to anyone who says "this pers is always better than that one for this race" without any knowledge of the remaining combinations in the kd. Faery/rogue is better in many cases, but it comes down to what else you have in kd and if you have any specific strat in mind.

Veteran
    My understanding is that for spellcasting purposes - Mystic is better.

Im one of just two faeries in a kingdom of twenty three players and the consensis has reasoned that more spellcasting power is needed amongst us. I will definately be trying out Faery Rogue in some later age. I hope some players using F/R this age can use the strats and advice in this thread.

Cheers.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by astronomer86 View Post
    My understanding is that for spellcasting purposes - Mystic is better.

Im one of just two faeries in a kingdom of twenty three players and the consensis has reasoned that more spellcasting power is needed amongst us. I will definately be trying out Faery Rogue in some later age. I hope some players using F/R this age can use the strats and advice in this thread.

Cheers.
    indeed if your kd has just 2 fearies and not alot of hybrids going mystic i'd probably go with mystic over rogue too. Its usually a good idea to have a reliable source of MS for the kd.

Thread Information