Thread: Dwarf Sage or Cleric?

Dwarf Sage or Cleric?

I'm debating with myself and could need some other opinions whether to play Dwarf Sage or Cleric this age. The plan is to be a heavy attacker with good econ, with the posibility to stay bigger than the rest as support/bank. My KD is a decent warring ghetto (wars about every other week) and about half of us are Undeads, a few pure T/Ms and rest various races. My pros and cons of each personality goes:

Sage
    + immunity to plague (seems like a nice adv with so many UDs this age)
    + science that'll get better and better as age proceeds & good learn protection along with some schools
    - i'll need (alot) more hosps to make it up for cleric's bonus. question is if I'll have space for it.

Cleric
    + alot less army losses (a bunch of free hosps). might be too valuable in long wars?
    - no plague immunity

You think I can sustain such a good econ with Sage to cover for military losses?
    Ideas/input is welcome :)

I like sage over cleric this age. Especially if you want to dabble in A/m.

Scribe
    merchant for HA. but between those 2 cleric

what??! why not tact? u guys got quick feet.

unless looking at hybrid I would go cleric. Your going to be getting ambushed more cleric will alleviate some of that stress on your poor elites!
    My life is better then yours.

Scribe
    they dont need spec or building creds and its still possible for 8 hr attack time non tact with QF. sage takes too long to see the benefits and plague immunity is meh. cleric, merch, and warrior would be best picks for dwarf HA. merch overall if your plan is to bank, just make sure you pump enough wpa and you're large enough to where nw protection prevents you from being FB.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by natebane View Post
    they dont need spec or building creds and its still possible for 8 hr attack time non tact with qf. Sage takes too long to see the benefits and plague immunity is meh. Cleric, merch, and warrior would be best picks for dwarf ha. Merch overall if your plan is to bank, just make sure you pump enough wpa and you're large enough to where nw protection prevents you from being fb.
    qft

Forum Addict
    sage is really strong if u know how to use it well.

Thread Information