Thread: science maximums?

science maximums?

I want to explore the potentials of science...

can anyone tell me what the science maximum's are (raw, without libraries or other bonuses)??

the guide says quadrupling BPA doubles bonuses.. but to what extent? if anyone knows specific raw%, or any other information regarding 'science pumps', please let me know

income +25% max raw..?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    There aren't maximums.

Post Fiend
    There is no maximum, science works exactly the way the guide says: quadrupling BPA doubles bonuses.

Post Demon
    More bpa => more science mod (if libs/sage is held constant). So more science always "helps", in once sense.

Science has NW, and this puts an upper limit on science before the gain from more science isn't worth the NW increase that science costs. Even for the weakest sciences, like food, it takes 200-300 bpa to reach that point - and you can always grow into it too. For housing... a sage with 30% libs has a "soft cap" of 10,000 bpa. Yes, that was 10k - far more than you will *ever* see, so don't worry about it.

Gains sci also has a "cap" because gains has a cap depending on the attack time. For TM, you can't take more than 20% of your own, or you target's, land (smaller of the 2). So past a certain point, more gains doesn't produce more acres on a same sized target. That said... more gains sci still lets you bottom feed further down with good gains, so it is still useful.

Also - why does everyone ask about the sci max? It hasn't had a max for something like 5 years now, right?
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Exponential growth tends to deceive people. People usually think about things with small, simple numbers, so quadrupling to double science isn't such a task from that line of thinking. If you think that doubling up your science is an easy task, then not having it capped just screams for abuse and being overpowered.

Fortunately, exponential growth snowballs quickly. Couple that with the science "drafting" system we have and we don't have any more runaway science provs like jdorje made.

erm, thanks. (jeez, has it been 5 years since they had science caps...)

...mm, anyways, so I should expect:

1 bpa = 1
    4 bpa = 2
    16bpa = 4
    256bpa= 8

?????? quadrupling = doubles

Post Fiend
    4*16 = 64, not 256

To get the actual effect, you still need to multiply with the science multiplier for each category and any modifiers (libs, sage, undead) you may have.

The science multipliers can be found here: http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ience_Formulas

Post Fiend
    at the end of last age i had a human sage that had 1.8million in military giving me with the aid of a 10% libraries around 45% extra gains per hit...
    To avoid being bottom fead on.... be number one... if you can't do that then just expect it.. and plan for it build more offence... and kick their teeth in...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Killthemall View Post
    at the end of last age i had a human sage that had 1.8million in military giving me with the aid of a 10% libraries around 45% extra gains per hit...
    as a sage with its massive science bonus was it really worth it to add the 10% libs and not use the 10% elsewhere?

Sage bonus and libraries are multiplicative, libraries are better for them than the other personalities.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Sage bonus and libraries are multiplicative, libraries are better for them than the other personalities.
    ahh thanks!

Post Fiend
    yeah it might be that. but when you war a kingdom of orcs and can out gain them faster than they can gain from you then it is worth it. in the end it is all about how much land you can take and KEEP from your enemy. plain and simple. so if 10% extra libraries is what it takes then thats what you will do. the nice thing about this game is everyone has diffrent strategies on playing it. if you don't like it don't use it.
    To avoid being bottom fead on.... be number one... if you can't do that then just expect it.. and plan for it build more offence... and kick their teeth in...

Thread Information