Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faery Mage advice needed

Where did i say that? I don't follow your logic.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Natsu. bishop is RARELY right and he knows i always poke him. but jesus dude do you really not see how that is by far the most retarded thing you can do? if you can have 20% TD because you can afford the rtpa with mods then do so. you should not be worried by halfers this age. splitting into TD and WT...dude....thats just retarded
    Icy 4 8

Enthusiast
    When I setup my "War Build" I follow these steps:

1) Check enemy provinces (races and whatnot)
    2) Setup the pool (Total % of land I decided for TDs and WTs accordingly)
    3) Wars with stronger T/Ms I'd run some WTs to ensure I don't get hit hard. Whereas others with weaker enemy T/Ms I'd run practically all TDs (rule of thumb)

So if I'm against a kingdom with 5 Halflings I'd run closer to a 15/5 setup whereas if there's 0~1 I'd run all TDs. Doing this has kept me actively dealing destructive ops towards the enemy kingdom without them breaking me to do any damage. This is the logic I use. Guess we have different methods that work.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Natsu View Post
    So you are telling me a Faery province can defend 100% against an equally built Halfling (same honor and everything)? I wasn't stating to run the combination 100% of the time but make a pool that you swap between 0% ~ 20% persay regarding the two and tweak them based off the target kingdom (mainly war situation).
    No they cant, we got our fairies up to 74 mod tpa last age and they were still getting the occasional halfing op, however in a well run kd, those few ops should either not do enough damage to matter, or should be dealt with by attackers, not making your feary less useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu View Post
    When I setup my "War Build" I follow these steps:

1) Check enemy provinces (races and whatnot)
    2) Setup the pool (Total % of land I decided for TDs and WTs accordingly)
    3) Wars with stronger T/Ms I'd run some WTs to ensure I don't get hit hard. Whereas others with weaker enemy T/Ms I'd run practically all TDs (rule of thumb)

So if I'm against a kingdom with 5 Halflings I'd run closer to a 15/5 setup whereas if there's 0~1 I'd run all TDs. Doing this has kept me actively dealing destructive ops towards the enemy kingdom without them breaking me to do any damage. This is the logic I use. Guess we have different methods that work.
    5% WTs assuming 100% BE (which he wont have) = 9.5 catch, -14% damage.

15% tds = 38% more tpa, or 48% more tpa if you go to 20%

Theres no reason to run WTS at all. And again, hes faery, he has CS.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

win.
    Icy 4 8

Regular
    Thanks for the input guys.

My thoughts are running the 20% guilds for the foreseeable future and when not in war, drop the 15% TD into guilds to work my WPA.

I feel until I get my sciences up, namely pop, would it be wise to drop 10% from banks into homes as my BE is 82% at 60% draft?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    82% BE is fine.

Regular
    Down to 80% now...

I guess my main concern is for the future of my BE as my wizards increase, not to mention the other short falling in military requirements.

Currently have:
    75dpa (still have 3k druids to convert to beast).
    1.5 raw wizards
    4 raw tpa

I understand the bonuses science will bring to the table, but what if I'm unable to gain honor due to my kingdom?

Run watchtowers if you're fighting an all halfling KD. Otherwise, there's only going to be 0-5 of them in *any* other KD. Hence WTs+TDs are worthless. You can never be 100% unbreakable (well and still be in range). Having a very high TPA will be enough of a dissuasion, as it increases losses from failed OPs. So running more TDs reduce your losses and increase their losses. They're like WTs in a can!

Regular
    Will not be running WT's, thats never been in my thoughts at all.
    I'm figuring CS will be enough in my new cute kingdom.
    Drop in def for Faery, I'm not counting on "unbreakable" either, yet some advice or maybe some words to set me at ease that one can produce effective numbers.

I've played for 17 years, but always attacker with 150+opa, but now I'm "retired" in a ghetto, I chose to go T/M.

Never paid attention to those experts in my kingdom, and now really starting from scratch with only advice from these boards.

Post Demon
    What you have in the OP works well. You really only need four buildings - guilds, towers, td, and forts, to do your job.

You can swap some banks for homes and do fine. Having stellar BE is not important, but the added population and birthrates are useful for Faeries, especially if they're growing. You should still keep something like 15% banks to prop up your economy, is very useful during war to have an economy that can't be touched easily.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You need farms too :p

Post Demon
    Not necessarily... just depends on getting aided food 24/7 and stealing a surplus. It's annoying and catastrophic if your food supply runes out, but it works. :p

Regular
    Cheers.
    I presumed a faery would have a standard BE of 90%+, guess they have the same issues as attackers.

Thread Information