Thread: Protection from Massacre - GS or Hosp

Protection from Massacre - GS or Hosp

Hey All - I looked around for the answer in the guide but I'm having trouble finding a for-sure answer. What actually decreases your peasants/thieves/mages lost in a Massacre attack? From as far as I can tell, Guard station protects Resources...which would be land, gold/runes/etc but in a way...Peasants and thieves are resources too. Logically I would say Hospitals would decrease the amount lost in a massacre attack, however then it specifically says Military losses...Which I would see Thieves/Wizards as being military, but not peasants.

Thanks!

Orcs do not make better "gains" on massacres, so GS do not affect them, either. There's some fuzzy wordings in parts of the wiki (I believe that particular part is player driven).

GS protect against TMs, Conquests, Plunders and Learns.

Massacres and Razes are what people with too much NW do because they're independent of a lot of gains formulas.

So does anything help reduce the losses in a massacre then?

Post Fiend
    None of the buildings, but going into fortified stance should reduce massacre damage, cmiiw.

I believe NW difference plays a *small* factor, but effectively, no. Much like Wizard Ops (i.e. Fireball), it takes a flat % of what you have. You can always try to run less peasants/wizards/thieves. ;)

If someone is massacring, they are left WAY open, since they have no land coming in. It screams "chain me." If a faery is massacring you, it means you're lacking on econ pressure and they're getting bored. You need to get a dragon up or do more Op damage. If a whole KD your size is massacring you, they probably want war and are (inappropriately) coming on too strong; consider warring or throwing up Fort. If a much bigger KD is massacring you, you should be nicer to other players in Utopia.

Post Demon
    There is no way to protect against massacre, except for fortified stance... any other gains modifier doesn't apply.

Massacre is affected by nw gains significantly, but does a lot more damage during war. Massacres at equal networth are very damaging, and a reasonable option under certain circumstances. Outside of war it has terrible gains and is highly affected by relative nw.

Thread Information