Thread: FoK + Learn Attack?

FoK + Learn Attack?

This may be a stupid question or maybe it has been answered before but I've searched and haven't found an answer to this.

If I successfully cast Fountain of Knowledge and then successfully execute a Learn attack on an enemy province, will the amount of books earned be increased?

"Science points learned each turn are increased by 10% during the duration of the spell"

I want to assume it does not but I'm just wondering if anybody knows otherwise. I do understand that in the event you would receive a 1.10% increase to books learned, it is independent of gains and would not increase the enemy's losses by 1.10%.

I'm waiting for our kingdom's EoWCF period to end (which should be in just over 12 Utopian days) so that I can test this unless somebody here already knows that the spell has no effect on Learn attacks.
    Last edited by FR33Willyyy; 21-08-2012 at 15:39. Reason: Typographical errror>>> "I want" from "I'm want"

Post Demon
    It won't.

I believe you are missing how FoK works.

If you have your science set to active (.7 books per hour) and you cask FoK you will still only gain .7 books per hour.

FoK effects the books in training, so if you train 24k books and are gaining 1k books an hour you will actually gain 1.1k each hour.

FoK is unrelated to learn, hope this helps.
    My life is better then yours.

No, I do understand how the spell works. The books learned on-tick are increased while the spell is active.
    I pose this question because I was unsure as to whether or not the game would treat Learn attack gains as books "learned".

To the most minimal degree, one could consider Learn attack gains to be books "learned" but I'm assuming the FoK bonus only applies to books you order to be learned via the Science page.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by FR33Willyyy View Post
    The books learned on-tick are increased while the spell is active.
    Learned books aren't learned on tick. Answered your own question :)

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Learned books aren't learned on tick. Answered your own question :)
    Gahhh... No, lol. I wasn't referring to books gained through Learn attacks :P

At least books ordered to be studied are increased on-tick w/ an active FoK.
    Books learned via Learn attacks were the ones in question and whether or not they are treated as being "learned" in the same fashion books studied are "learned".

Sorry for the confusion in my choice of wording.
    Thanks to all for the help, though! The general consensus seems to be that Learn gains will not be influenced by an active Fountain of Knowledge.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FR33Willyyy View Post
    Thanks to all for the help, though! The general consensus seems to be that Learn gains will not be influenced by an active Fountain of Knowledge.
    correct, they aren't learned books they are captured books :P

Look at the paper: it says attacked and STOLE. They're not learned, they're stolen and added to your province.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thread Information