Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting war

Enthusiast

Interesting war

Acres Vs Operation Rock Lobster

Looks verry strange that kd would give away button to a kingdom 2x there size.
    The province of PMC in Operation Rock Lobster did 10 raze attacks into Acres just as they emptyed there explore pool. Acres 2 cows grown from 3500 acres to 6k acres since yesterday, what a great timing they had with using there pool before they got hostiled with this easy target.

Not gonna post the entire news im to lasy to remove the locations.

summary from Operation Rock Lobsters news

** The kingdom of Acres **
    Total land exchanged: +2,596 (45/21)
    +416 N00B (2 [2]/0)
    +285 newbie (4 [4]/0)
    +249 Nub (3 [2]/0)
    +245 iSlay Giants (3 [3]/0)
    +230 Pro (4 [4]/0)
    +213 Newb (4 [2]/0)
    +191 Gibberish (3 [3]/0)
    +163 Semi Pro (2 [2]/0)
    +155 Zombie Bits (3 [2]/0)
    +130 A Nourished Dystopia (2 [2]/0)
    +117 tavuklu pilav (2 [2]/2)
    +110 Carcharhinus (2 [2]/1)
    +92 An unknown province (1/0)
    +84 Iron Halls of Valhalla (1 [1]/0)
    +71 Flippin (1 [1]/0)
    +4 ThePro (3 [1]/1)
    -21 Aloria (2 [1]/1)
    -138 Schmoodle (3 [3]/6)
    -142 OCTdestiny (0/10)

Here are the attacks givving button, just as Acres did a massive explore.

May 2 of YR1 PMC () invaded OCTdestiny () and razed 15 acres of land.

May 18 of YR1 PMC () invaded OCTdestiny () and razed 15 acres of land.
    May 18 of YR1 PMC () invaded OCTdestiny () and razed 7 acres of land.

May 19 of YR1 Acres () has declared WAR with our kingdom!

May 19 of YR1 Nub () invaded Insurrection () and captured 79 acres of land.
    May 19 of YR1 Nub () invaded Insurrection () and captured 83 acres of land.
    May 19 of YR1 N00B () invaded PMC () and captured 245 acres of land.
    Newb () invaded Infinity Returns () and captured 73 acres of land.
    May 21 of YR1 Newb () invaded Infinity Returns () and captured 69 acres of land.

June 17 of YR1 Newb () attempted to invade Infinity Returns ()

I think Acres will win this war if they do not bounce annymoore :P

Forum Addict
    Well, this might be more of a problem with the explore system, as with the KD's in question.

I know that when I played bank in a ghetto last age, we arranged wars. As both sides were ghetto, we usually get the war going by razing small provs with no defense (thus filling the meter). Trust me, it is HARD to get hostile enough in a ghetto.

Once it got going, activity went up, and both sides started hitting as well as they could.

At least TWICE in the age I made sure that when we entered war, we explored a lot of acres (in one war myself, in another my cousin who I wanted to help grow up to dual bank - he played faery attacker :D). Of course, those "lot" of acres were actually 1-2k total as you simply couldn't store up enough soldiers in so many provinces.

But now if you're 4k, you can DOUBLE your size with exploration with a mere 12k soldiers and 1-2 million gold coins. This system is ASKING for abuse.

And it is very hard to debate how much abuse such a move is. Why wouldn't you explore max before entering war? it helps your economy a lot and if you are unbreakable, it's a great move.

Enthusiast
    I dont se why a ghetto would wanna war a kd in the top 10 unless its farming, the province who made the 10 razes obviusly isnt interested in warring a kd with 3 provinces twice hes size, unless hes a farm.

Forum Addict
    Nitram, that kd IS NOT a top KD. That's a semi-ghetto with three strong players who decided to play killers. I even have a guess at who they might be.

This is what my ghetto would have looked like last age, if I wasn't banking alone, but with two helpers.

Enthusiast
    I said they are a kd in top 10 and they are. Even if its a deal between the larger players to farm out smaller provinces it would still be considered an illegal fw. I doubt the war planned,like u suggest, why would they go to war with there largest attacker army out on razes.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    There are reasons to trigger a war with a much larger kd.

It's clear that PMC is friends with the bigs in Acres and that they're exploiting the system to create a safe environment to explore and get 4x farming + the war win benefits. Can't consider this a legitimate war within any stretch of the imagination.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Utopia Police, assemble.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

When was the last time you, as a 2500 acre province in another kingdom, helped clear out an inactive in another kingdom?

By not deleting PMC and the two provs who exploited this in Acres, you're sending a message that it's okay to have your "friends" join random noob kingdoms and raze you to get a free farm wars for the war win bonuses & land. Not to mention with your ridiculous explore cost change, people can just explore straight in war for a measly 6 soldiers/acre. Action must be taken against these people. We used to call these fake wars and then fake wars were supposedly gone due to administrative action against people who attempted this. Now it's not only encouraged but the admins are making a joke out of it.

Good stuff.

[16:21:13] <Godlee> how is that not a FW? cant I get someone in another kd to raze us for a free war?
    [16:21:30] <Bishop> why wouldnt you be allowed to?
    [16:21:36] <Bishop> am i not allowed to war you
    [16:21:38] <Bishop> cos i know you?
    [16:21:45] <Bishop> id be **** out of targets if that was the case

Its not against the rules to attack a friend.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
    I said they are a kd in top 10 and they are. Even if its a deal between the larger players to farm out smaller provinces it would still be considered an illegal fw. I doubt the war planned,like u suggest, why would they go to war with there largest attacker army out on razes.
    Its not hard to hit the top 10 these days, being in the top 10 doesn't mean much, staying in the top 10 or waring in the top 10 is what matters. Also its not a fake war to for both sides to farm out smaller people even if they agree to it so long as they dont "offically" agree to not hit each other. Something like "wanna war and farm out each others smallies" is fine.

You go to war with your top attack out on plunder/raze because it seems stupid, and it baits the other kd into thinking you have a much weaker position than you actually do. So what if you loose one attacker via chains, there are other players in the kd.

Quote Originally Posted by csarmi View Post
    Well, this might be more of a problem with the explore system, as with the KD's in question.

And it is very hard to debate how much abuse such a move is. Why wouldn't you explore max before entering war? it helps your economy a lot and if you are unbreakable, it's a great move.
    meh, if you dont have a system in place to deal with unbreakables and banks you shouldn't be winning wars away. Big exploring mean big drops in tpa/wpa, not that hard to deal with.

There's a big difference between 2 noob kingdoms going at it and your friend razing a 200 acre prov in your kingdom so you can go after the #1 prov crown.

Strategy for top 10 kingdoms:
    1) Have 10-15 friends create solo accounts all over utopia until one lands on your island
    2) OOP have him 4x your kingdom
    3) Beat up noobs while you explore a couple banks without any repercussions
    4) Be proud when your kingdom is #1 in land and #1 prov because you are doing it all legally.

There's 0 difference as far as admin are concerned.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    There's a big difference between 2 noob kingdoms going at it and your friend razing a 200 acre prov in your kingdom so you can go after the #1 prov crown.
    4) Be proud when your kingdom is #1 in land and #1 prov because you are doing it all legally.
    Legally and honorably are different things, if you see a kd do that and compete for the top perhaps you should organize a 10-11 kd wide raze into them. Then again it only really matters if you value the crowns.

Forum Fanatic
    This went on last age also. Large provinces getting into wars with smaller kds and having their smaller provinces farmed for land isnt against the rules .But it does let the larger province gain 3% each attack i believe it is. So its basically a easy quad tap 4 times a war atleast for them to grow safe.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information