Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halfling- some strategy question and skill

Unhappy Halfling- some strategy question and skill

Hi everyone, this is the first time I play for this job. May I know what is the best strategy after out of protection period ?

Another question is currently I have 2-3TPA, roughly about 750 land,but how come I still fail when I performed stealing action?

Best strategy is a debatable thing. Are you going for thief/mage?

There are several reasons for failure. The province may have clear sight spell on, may have watch towers, or you may be over sending on thieves. Then there is the issue of whats your tpa versus your target.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Hi Dolgil. Yes, Im going for thief/mage. Could you give me some suggestion on it ?
    I try to steal some of the human race, and their land and net worth is more or less the same with me. The difference between me and the target is around 10-50 land. At the moment I got 2tpa and I did cast invisibility when I performed the action. I have send 1/3rd of my total thief to steal the target. Could you tell me anyway to improve the success rate or anything that I did wrongly here?

Postaholic
    2 tpa is ur issue, get ~5 raw 20% td's and good sci. Even higher raw tpa if you aiming for t/m.

May I know what is 5 raw ?

Forum Addict
    Get about 3000-3500 thieves as a minimum (4-5 times the number of your acres).
    Read the guide (especially the thievery formulas).

Good luck!

(you need about 3-4 times more thieves than your target to have a good success rate. try to target people that have about the same networth as you do)

Forum Addict
    To steal gold: first, you do a syp on thrones. Then you take a look at the gold of your target. Seend about 1/1000 as many thieves as the target has gold (if he has 1 million, send 1 thousand)

If I get 3-5 times thief, then I might facing less pleasant, thus I would have a lot of job left. How can I overcome this problem?

Spy on throne? I have to perform spy on throne on enemy first? How many thief should I send ?
    I should concern on target net worth or their land? Some have same land but different net worth compare to me, some have same net worth but different land as well.

*how many thief should send for spy on throne?

Sorry for my bad English.
    Thanks a lot..really appreciate every comment.

Having full employment is not a big issue. You can get some BE and Pop science to offset the increased draft rate and lower peasant count, but having 100% BE giving you a (just pulling numbers out of the air here) 30% mod on 2 raw TPA is not as good as having 80% BE giving you a 24% mod on 5 raw TPA. 2.6 TPA vs 6.2 TPA

For a Spy on Throne (commonly abbreviated SoT) you can get maximum accuracy if you send 20% of your thieves. I.e. if you have 100 send 20, 1000 send 200, etc. For anyone who did not take the Tactician personality the maximum accuracy you can get is +/-3% (all numbers range between 97% and 103% of the actual values, and not all numbers are off by the same % or in the same direction. I.e. target has 1000 soldiers and 1,000,000 gc. SoT can say 1030 soldiers and 970,000 gc)
    Last edited by Ordray; 26-08-2012 at 14:55.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

30% mod on 2 raw TPA is not as good as having 80% BE giving you a 24% mod on 5 raw TPA. 2.6 TPA vs 6.2 TPA
    May I know what is 30 % MOD, 80% BE?

Forum Addict
    He's talking about the effectiveness of your thieves' dens. We did not mention, but you supposed to have about 20% (15% if rogue).
    Don't worry about Building effectiveness. Most players have it around 70-85% the whole age. As they are training more military, so should you (it's an arms' race).

Spy on throne helps you determine whether your target has any resources to steal. It also helps you learn by practive (what kind of people have best resources, what defense/offense people have). As you're obviously quite new to the game, I suggest that you do a lot of Spy on Thrones. If you send 20% thieves, you get best accuracy, but also you lose more if you fail. When attacking someone, accurate information is very important. If you're just trying to figure out what your target has, you can send low amount of thieves too (it doesn't really matter if target has 900k or 1 mill gold).

When you think someone has a lot of resources, try to steal it.

Most thievery operation has an optimum amount of thieves to send, you can learn it by practice, or you can read the guide.

It's a precise explanation. Thank you everyone. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Post Fiend
    uTools (firefox/chrome) addon has this feature that auto-fills how many thieves you should normally send for each ops. Was pretty useful for me as a new player last age, it might help you also. You might want to look at previous threads about how many thieves to send for various ops. Here's one post about SoM + SoT for attacking: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15178683

Post Fiend
    Also, download Angel and get used to it, as it has this "Thievery Calculator" that is quite useful. You can set Angel to pop up the Thievery Calc when you ctrl-A copy an enemy's SoT. It then tells you how many thieves to send to steal various resources (gcs, runes, food).

Thread Information