Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halfling- some strategy question and skill

Forum Addict
    Just make sure you don't use angel for anything else, it's unhealthy.

Post Fiend
    Do you still have that excel formatter? Uploading it to googledocs should work, I think....

Forum Addict
    I have some up on googledocs, link is in some other topic.

Can show me the link ? I did download the utopia, but I still dont understand how's the thief calculator works.

Can anyone tell me how to increase the honor ? As well as when I steal the target, should I concern the land or should I concern the net worth ? Which should I compare when I perform stealing ?

Forum Addict
    my excel isnt about thief calculation, its sot+som
    its in the CB thread

Ok get it.
    Can anyone tell me how to increase the honor ? As well as when I steal the target, should I concern the land or should I concern the net worth ? Which should I compare when I perform stealing.

Forum Addict
    Forget honor. Work together with your kindom (other T/M's + attackers) and follow your plan. Any plan is good at first. Later on, after a few wars, you guys will realize what are the best ways to use mana and stealth.

Again, the key is to work together.

Incidentally, that's one of the best ways to gain and keep honor too (your honor lasts as long as your attackers fare well and you're winning wars.

op and TM targets closer to your networth. So if there are two chain targets, hit the one closer in networth.

Success with harder ops gives more honor than lesser ops. For example, MS blanket would give more than storms blanket, so if your mages are good, you should do MS first.

Above all, work with your kingdom. If you go for pure honor and ignore orders, you are going to miss out on honor by losing the war.

Post Fiend
    Network... gain per theft op is directly correlated with relative nw.

Relative Size = MIN ( Target Networth / Self Networth , Self Networth / Target Networth) + War Bonus

Let's say you send 1k thieves to "rob the vault", you would expect 1k * 40 gcs * 0.9 (resource loss) = 36k gc per op, given that target has a lot of gcs and has the same nw as you (relative size=1). If the target has 70% of your nw (your 100k nw vs 70k nw, or 100k nw vs 143k nw), then you'd get 70% of 36k gc per ops. Straight forward with thievery.

http://speedcap.net/img/02ca12b74b0c...c/4a4a8869.png
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...hieves_to_Send
    Last edited by tamle; 28-08-2012 at 16:33.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by 7moonstar View Post
    Can show me the link ? I did download the utopia, but I still dont understand how's the thief calculator works.

Can anyone tell me how to increase the honor ? As well as when I steal the target, should I concern the land or should I concern the net worth ? Which should I compare when I perform stealing ?
    Here's my spreadsheet version of Angel's Thievery calc. Enjoy ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RLWp1bXc#gid=1

Formulas from the wiki link above, might be (probably is) outdated for this Age. Change the values for pink cells, leave the rest alone.
    Last edited by tamle; 28-08-2012 at 17:00.

Thank you csarmi, tamle, lastunicorn and others that given me so many advice. Greatly appreciated.
    Yesterday I try to steal on human race, I found that some of the human has watchtower, thief den and some of them are knight, so it become a difficulties for me to get large amount of money. May I know other than this race, what is the best race to steal to get huge return ?
    At the moment I got 820 land and 105k net worth..What type of race and what range of net worth/ land I should steal ?

Forum Addict
    7moonstar: The best targets to steal from are those with low watchtowers, low tpa and lots of resources. Actually, people who haven't been active for a while because players tend to use up their resources. keep doing spy on thrones' and you'll get a feel for it.

2/3 - 3/2 your size
    it's a matter of player style whether they have watchtowers or high tpa
    watch the personality it gives a good ide on what they're up to

you can figure out their tpa by doing an 'infiltrate' but that costs 3% stealth (ask an attacker in KD to do it for you)

Faeries: almost always T/M's. Sometimes (very rarely) you can find a pure mage with lots of resources. In that case, he's still likely to have a decebnt thievery defense. Very low chance to pay off, but if you have a KD mate to infiltrate, worth 2-3 infiltrate tries.

Elves: they are often mages (+attacker), sometimes T/M's, sometimes just pure attackers. Better chances than the last case because much fewer are the T/M's. Often good for stealing runes.

Halflings: most of them are thieves. Some (sages, warriors and such) are not even thieves and they rely on their race to scare you off (who would try to rob a halfer). You can hit the jackpot if you find such a player (my biggest steals were usually with halfers who had tons of gold and **** tpa). These are rare, however, but if you hit one, good gain.

Humans: they have a thievery bonus. Rogues and Sages are often thieves.

Avians: the same as humans

Orcs, Undeads, Dwarves: often good targets. watch out for dwarf mages and any rogues. Dwarves have Clear Sight spell too (25% autofail for you = BAD)

Another precise explanation. Thank you so much.

Oh yea, may I know how to remove the ''active'' fortified stance ?

Some people taught me that Spy on military just need 7 thief...Is it truth ? And if I perform survey, how many thieves I should send? 20%+1 or just 7 or 100 thieves ?

If I'm remembering correctly then Survey is pretty much accurate no matter how many you send.
    Also, on the Spy on Military, the only thing that is accurate no matter how many you send is the away armies. Defense at home still needs 20%+1 for full +/-3% accuracy (unless you're tactician in war)
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thread Information