Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Build for Undead/Tactician

I feel like the real reason you need so many of them is because you really only have half of your land built at any time.
    Last edited by lastunicorn; 06-09-2012 at 02:38. Reason: Ninja'd

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    why bother with hospitals post-chain? they don't mod losses enough, and with so many incoming acres there is no space for too many % buildings.

i'd just go nuts with barracks, tg, gs post-chain, possibly towers if rune supply starts becoming an issue.
    yea, i personally like a few hospitals to keep the offense up, allows u to go longer without aid. 20% TG, 30% GS, 10% rax, 10 % hosptials 30% building seemed to work out well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Yay I have a hater! I've moved up in the Utopian world. ^_^

Post-chain 20-25% of your acres will be under construction in all likelihood, so that should be kept in mind...

In any event, people in your kingdom should be able to give better building advice, as your monarch should know better how the situation immediately looks. Most of the build strats on here don't have any context, and should be taken with a huge amount of salt. Almost no quality kingdom is going to stick with a universal strat for all situations, and if they do it will usually be a quasi-rainbow build. About the only things that are consistent are:

- Run enough of certain building types to justify having them in your province at all. These are usually the buildings that reduce something, which covers a lot of buildings. 5% gs or 5% watchtowers doesn't do enough to justify having them in your province, and 5% barracks is iffy at best. Flat-rate and capacity buildings, and boosters like banks, training grounds, forts, and some other buildings are more flexible in that running small % on them is still viable.

- Training grounds are a higher priority for heavy attacker than stables, except for races with 4 point offensive units. Regardless of unit strength, your war horses ought to be modded strongly by TG anyway. You should either set aside a lot of land for TG+stables if planning to use war horses, or plan on building a lot of TG in the near future.

- Thief Dens and Watchtowers almost never mix for any province, especially with so little land devoted to either. Forts and GS usually don't go together, but there is much more benefit to combining the two if you know the hits are going to go on a province with solid defense and strong gs.

- Lots of banks aren't always the best option, but they're going to be useful in almost any situation. You should have a lower banks minimum% like 10-15%, but 20% works if you are out of war often.

- During war, you - and your whole kingdom - should focus on one or two building types with incoming acres, rather than maintaining your existing build strat. It can get messy, but executed properly this makes your province more efficient in the areas where it needs to be. This is even better if your whole kingdom is doing likewise, with most provinces building the same things and the people immediately targetted being able to build the things that are suitable for their situation.

- Always be willing to tweak a building strategy, unless there is a damn good reason to stick with something. If your monarch tells you to build gs, ffs build gs. Otherwise building strats should be seen as rough guidelines.
    Thats precisely why I have so many banks. We are a month into this age of Utopia and the kingdom I am in has been in 1 War and that was last week.

@ p0tentialdang3r

Best Build for Undead/Tactician
    I am looking for information on what the best build would be for an Undead/Tactician in times of war and out of war... My current build didn't really seem to benefit me during my kingdoms first war and I haven't played this game in 5+ years so any help would be appreciated. My current build is below. My banks are so high because I figured you would always need gc.

1. Homes: 84 (9.9%)
    2. Banks: 168 (19.9%)
    3. Training Grounds: 60 (7.1%)
    4. Armouries: 68 (8.0%)
    5. Barracks: 77 (9.1%)
    6. Forts: 50 (5.9%)
    7. Guard Stations: 42 (5.0%)
    8. Guilds: 86 (10.2%)
    9. Towers: 75 (8.9%)
    10. Thieves' Dens: 42 (5.0%)
    11. Watch Towers: 42 (5.0%)
    12. Stables: 42 (5.0%)

Again any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Undead tactician this strategy is totally crap. No offence. Having multiple buildings is never good, better to focus your buildings. At least 10%. No idea why you have thieves dens when undead only have basic intel. Just run 2 tpa no TD. No armories, no forts and no thieves dens! undead tactician want to get chained down to make use of their fast attack times and high off. Also 20% bank way too much.. Undead tactician is heavy attacker you only need enough money to pay your military on 200% wages (10% is usually more than enough.) here is a basic build strat my kingdom is running for undead/tact.. This is a WAR STRAT

Homes 10%
    Banks 10%
    TG 20%
    Rax 15%
    Guard Station 10%
    Hospital 5%
    Guilds 10%
    Towers 5%
    Watchtower 10%

I build 15% stables and once i am at max capacity for my war horse i raze the stables cause i can keep my army in/ army out and only lose war horses when i attack. Also running 2 tpa or close to it.

This is a basic build strat and you will want to modify it according to your kingdom. Guard Station and Hospitals will help out a lot if you are one of the bigger attackers in your kingdom and plan on getting chained within the first couple days of war. 10% Homes will give you a boost if you get chained down and need more pezzies.

Veteran
    UD tact...don't sweat your build so much. Acres are going to go back and forth a lot. Your main focus should be on your army! Your build structure changes based on what your army needs. ...army needs to grow, armories. Army is filled up, need more Fire power, TG's. Need a quick return time? Rax! Getting chained and need to hold onto troops? Homes! Leave plenty of incoming acres unbuilt during war unless you get chained. send out the food you grow to TM's or th bank to keep your TB positive.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    .army needs to grow, armories. Army is filled up
    I think banks in war not armories.

Getting chained and need to hold onto troops? Homes!
    I think this is really bad advice. All land in progress provides 25 pop space, and if they are in progress while you are being chained your built land will get taken at a disproportionately fast rate.

send out the food you grow to TM's or th bank to keep your TB positive
    You are never going to send enough food to compare to solider and gc aid.

welp.

Necro'd an 18 month old thread.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    welp.

Necro'd an 18 month old thread.
    ROFLMAO!!!!!

Seems apt considering it deals with Undead.

Forum Fanatic
    No HOMES

The Jerks.

Forum Fanatic
    Homes Homes Homes Homes Homes

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooomes

Thread Information