Thread: Life in the Ghetto - Part 3

Life in the Ghetto - Part 3

This will be an ongoing rant as I describe an experience player in a ghetto kingdom.
    In doing this I plan to achieve three things:
    To make some people laugh at my misfortune.
    To have SKD players remember whats it's like to play in the ghetto,
    And to hopefully suggest some changes that will ease the learning curve of newer players.

I plan to do this as my time allows it, aiming for once a week sometime during the weekend (Fri-Sun).

Quick BIO:
    -I play out of Toronto, Canada and am a recent CS graduate from UWaterloo. I work full-time and live with my GF.
    -I have played this game since around age 18-20. I don't remember boats but I do remember how terrible "happiness" was.
    -I played 12-13 ages with a mid-tier kingdom that I can only associate with the name called "Bloodlords".
    -I also played with GodsArmy for 6-7 ages closer to their retirement including some leadership responsibility.
    -Last age I played with Unscrupulous (x:x) who are a mid-upper tier warring kingdom. We are a bunch of retired SKD players usually finish top 75 in all categories (Land/NW/Honour/WW). We finished top 5 in Honour/WW despite only having 22 players. I will likely be returning to them next age.

I am playing a Human Rogue.

In case you missed it:
    Part 1: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-Ghetto-Part-1
    Part 2: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-Ghetto-Part-2
    ===================================================================

Unfortunately this is going to be a boring post. Tired + not too much going on in ghettoland :(

Jan YR2 - Jan YR3
    ==============

We exit war protect and recover quite nicely from our lost war. I ask my kingdom when they want to have their next war and pretty much everyone says never. There's no benefits to warring for these guys, so why bother. As a compromise I allow people to start growing, which actually turns out well as I ended up being without internet for the long weekend.

A couple of people wanted to know about sciences so I did my best to explain the pros. I've been pumping sci for a while now (just out of habit) so I was able to show them the benefits of starting early, which was nice.

Using pimp for the first three weeks was a mistake and I've scrapped it altogether. I've seen a couple of people using Angel though, which is a good start. We've got a forum where people sometimes update their intel. Saves me from taking SoT's to see where everyone is. about 2-3 people update about once a week. Improvement!

We're getting new players, but it's a slow and tedious process. I've used up most of my invites as some of the guys had people who wanted to screw around. got a couple more old-timers this way, but no one poses themselves as relevant or important..

The weekend passes with minimum hostilities in and out, which is nice to know I can leave these guys alone for a few days... even if it's a long weekend where no one is going to log in.

Jan YR3 - Jan YR4
    ==============

I end up being away for this weekend as well (went to a wedding) so I only got 2-3 days to catch up with the kingdom. A lot of them have grown quite a bit and I am left in between those who kept growing and those who failed to make it to 1k acres, with NW gaps on either side.

I mention that I'm going away and people dont seem to care too much. people seem to be content with growing. Not my usual style but hey, if people are happy then I'm happy, especially if it keeps them from rioting while im away :):)

I got a couple of offers for war, but knowing my kingdom is not ready, and with me away over the weekend I declined. Another ghetto tries to wave us, changing their KD name to "WARRING xx_xx" (where xx:xx is our loc). However, I notice the KD name and sent a CF before their first hit, which came two hours later. They made one more hit in 8 hours before accepting the CF that I sent out. Knowing that these guys are likely as terrible as we are I make a note of their KD number for later.

Feb - March YR4
    ============

I come back from the wedding and people are getting restless.... Finally :) only took them two weeks. lol. Maybe by the end of the age we will get 4 complete wars :D:D:D

I take a look at a couple of proviences that have been growing a lot, most are defensive, but still have a little bit of offense. Looking forward to seeing what they can do. I'm hoping that the larger proviences in our kingdom will be much more active than the smaller proviences. Like all of my hopes and dreams with this kingdom. That will probably come back and bite me. There are talks of dragons within the kingdom, which will probably be a diaster, but frankly if people want to fund them why not try it and see what happens.

I already have my pick on which provience from my kingdom sends their entire military to kill the dragon....

I send out a couple of messages, and not too much in terms of replies yet. couple of no's so far. these things take much more time than im used to.

Hopefully next week I can tell you how our war went. :D

Thumbs up

Another ghetto tries to wave us, changing their KD name to "WARRING xx_xx" (where xx:xx is our loc). However, I notice the KD name and sent a CF before their first hit, which came two hours later. They made one more hit in 8 hours before accepting the CF that I sent out. Knowing that these guys are likely as terrible as we are I make a note of their KD number for later.
    lol, love it, keep posting - every once in a while i remember fondly my years in the ghettos - delusional perhaps ;)

Keep it up mate, it's a fun read, and nice to know how things work out in the bottom of uto :)
    #strategy - your super wholesome family friendly channel for utopian discussion & random nonsense!

Elurin is pink and cute
    he is so not mute!
    And not like a brute
    To him I will salute

Veteran
    Teddy! Make a log about how it is to play in our ghetto! We're ghettoer than this person's ghetto imo :/

Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    Teddy! Make a log about how it is to play in our ghetto! We're ghettoer than this person's ghetto imo :/
    Not true.. you have TWO people who know about the General Uto forums ;)

Veteran
    But we have ghetto in our kd name, do you :o

Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    Yes! I will get started on it when I get home :D
    #strategy - your super wholesome family friendly channel for utopian discussion & random nonsense!

Elurin is pink and cute
    he is so not mute!
    And not like a brute
    To him I will salute

Another ghetto tries to wave us, changing their KD name to "WARRING xx_xx" (where xx:xx is our loc). However, I notice the KD name and sent a CF before their first hit, which came two hours later. They made one more hit in 8 hours before accepting the CF that I sent out. Knowing that these guys are likely as terrible as we are I make a note of their KD number for later.
    I should try their strat...

lol

Thread Information