Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need war advice

need war advice

so were going into our first ghetto war of the age and its been years since my last utopia war so i was wanting a bit of advice from the council of elders here in the forums.

my kd

Dwarf Merchant 1,536 acres
    (M) Undead Cleric 1,370 acres *Me
    Halfling Rogue 1,208 acres
    Human War Hero 1,097 acres
    Halfling Rogue 823 acres
    Faery Mystic 699 acres
    Undead Warrior 666 acres

their kd

(M) Avian Tactician 1,377 acres
    Human Sage 1,290 acres
    Undead Cleric 1,267 acres
    Undead Cleric 1,111 acres
    Human Sage 1,062 acres
    Undead War Hero 1,043 acres
    Elf Mystic 707 acres
    Faery ? 434 acres *Protection
    Halfling Rogue 311 acres *Inactive?
    Faery Rogue 307 acres *Inactive?

They are about 1500 acres bigger but we have nearly identical networth to them. For the most part their TPA and WPA seems quite low. as a pure attacker I still have higher TPA and WPA than most of them. We are far outnumbered when it comes to attackers but outnumber them when it comes to T/M's. Their attackers are running pretty high defenses though which leaves their offenses a little bit lacking. Not to worried about any of my guys being double tapped. It's a friendly war no prov killing and no dragons and no set surrender terms. not quire sure about the two inactives at the bottom. they have pretty low defense and offense and very high TPA and WPA so im not sure if they are very low on purpose or what. whats the best way to deal with them if they arent inactives and are instead boosting their T/M per acre? Dont wanna reveal to much of my kd's stats in case they read this but we have SoT of every province in their kd already if that would help. Any advice, strategy help, or tips would be greatly appreciated. thx guys.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Make you're halflings a/t! In the ghetto the winner is the kingdom that hits the most. If your attackers have decent wpa/tpa you can reduce of anyone who thinks 1wpa/tpa is a legitimate defense without wasting the mana/stealth of highly modified provs.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    It looks bad for you
    Last edited by Ganga; 12-09-2012 at 06:41.

Forum Addict
    actually in ghetto wars you can run A/t/m on all provs and get away with it (2wpa raw, 3tpa raw, whatever offense you can get)

Chain down Avian Tactician (deeeeeep), then big Hu Sage, then UD War Hero, then other Hu Sage. Ignore UD Clerics. Shell those with NSes-Fireboolz-MS. Build up Defense. Maybe AW on the elf mystic. Let stew for 2 days, then lololol max gains.

You don't want to chain the UD/Clerics, as there'll be a lack of defense shredding, and you'll put them into max gains range on your Faery,Rogue, and other UD. Even if you do giant deep chains, they'll still retain most of their offense.
    Last edited by Zobo; 12-09-2012 at 19:14.

Strategy Moderator
    lol its a 7 person war, welcome to my favorite ages in genesis.

doubt u can deep chain, you dont really have the hitters for that, thus i might go semi-chain/max gain all war, if your activity is higher it wont matter what they do. As for actual strategy, pray their smallies are inactive so u can steal gold and cover the top 6 with MS. Take 1.5 days to ns 1 undead/clearic while u fireball the other to ~ 1000 peasants and blanket MS the top 6. Then chain that ns'd undead with ARMY IN if possible and move on to nsing the next undead and move onto fire balling anyone who got to many peasents.

^ that's a good point. I always forget about not being able to do deep chains.

Post Demon
    If your dwarf plays a bit safe, he might be able to go UB. Without dragons this helps less... but if you just want to win, getting him UB and then letting him feed all war will eventually break their spirit.

If he is good he can mass aid other provs to put them at the 115% limit, let their pes leave (if they aren't FBed down already) and then feed them gold every few hours to keep them functioning. Training mass defense on your weakest provs suddenly should put them out of range of people their size and give a big gains advantage for a while. This requires your big dwarf to be both a team player, fairly active, and fairly good, so it may not be an option.

Most sure fire way to use your kingdom? Have the dwarf just suck up land, maybe you too if you can get out of range - and apologize to the rest of your kingdom mates. Remind them how awesome the science reward will be. Have the T/Ms keep them under max pop - MS + no draft = slowly degrading army. Don't worry about the small ones - if they start ops, have the little undead 2,3,4x them to half size, and NW gap will kill their effectiveness.

A significant NW/A advantage and equal activity should get you the win - all their NW is locked up in useless land, yours is in military. Any activity advantage should beat anything - so get all the attackers to commit to 2x a day and it should be easy.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

awesome advice guys i appreciate it. the war starts tomorrow morning so i will let you guys know how it goes. the dwarf is my best and most active player so i might try to get him unbreakable. i fully intend to win this thing or die trying lol.
    Player History

(S)
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Quote Originally Posted by tras19 View Post
    awesome advice guys i appreciate it. the war starts tomorrow morning so i will let you guys know how it goes. the dwarf is my best and most active player so i might try to get him unbreakable. i fully intend to win this thing or die trying lol.
    My kind of man.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tras19 View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with losing as long as you keep improving.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with losing as long as you keep improving.
    indeed, its a 10 v 7 war so theres a good chance u'll lose simply due to activity. Gaining experience and learning what does/doesnt work is a big advantage for your next war.

so far things are going great. we have limited our attacks to learns, massacres, and plunders til we declare. they came out immediately with land grabs and are growing kinda fat. all my guys are still in very good shape while they are already showing signs of weakness. we have dropped their monarch from about 130 nw/acre to 109 in about four hours. have droughts and meteor showers blanketing them and fireballed and chastity and explosions on their monarch. also destroyed his stash of runes. they are very close to being hostile so we will get the button and have the first wave of attacks during actual war. i have yet to even have a single op on me.
    Player History

(S)

Noteworthy Achievments

our activity and coordination seem much higher and we have pretty well disabled their only t/m with sabotage and AW
    Player History

(S)

Noteworthy Achievments

so after the first twelve hours of war we are up nearly 400 acres on them. our kd made 12 hits in 12 hours which is awesome for only 7 provs. they have become scared of sending armies out because when they do they get hit 2 or three times immediately. since they are keepin armies home more its kiled their only advantage on us. we passed them in nw today even though they still have 1200 acres on us. our T/M's are literally destroying them. they cant get any ops on us and even our attackers with lower tpa and wpa are getting many successful ops. their nw/acre is falling even though they are getting smaller acre wise. its looking like we should take a victory on this one if things keep going as they are
    Player History

(S)

Noteworthy Achievments

Thread Information