Thread: Undead/Tact Build-Need Some Advice.

Undead/Tact Build-Need Some Advice.

Looking for some advice for running an undead/tact prov. Were a warring kd in the ghetto.

My old build was aight, but I got insolubly slaughtered this last war. Dropped 1000 acres and had over 15000 troops nsed. Wasn't pretty.

Anyway.... looking to do a complete revamp of my province and would like someone to take a look at my new potential build and help me look for any holes I might have.

(the following was based on a 69.3 BE) (will be slighlty more then that with future build..forgot to adjust angle for BE and to lazy to retype all that)
    10%-------Forts------------+9.36 Defence
    20%-------TG------------- +16.63 Off Bonus
    20%-------GS------------- -22.18 Losses
    10%-------Hospitals -------18.23 Mil Losses
    10%-------Guilds-----------Train 1 W/hr
    5%--------Towers----------319 Runes
    10%-------WT-------------+12.15 Catch/-18.23 Damage
    12%-------Stables---------63/hr 4860 Horses
    3%--------Dungeons-------400 Prisoners/1200 Offence

figured I should get 40dpa and 65.69opa (all leet army) 200% wages. 2wpa/2tpa. No GP cast. 75.9% BE. Thats all based on a 68% draft.

Or...Ive had the suggestion to toss some GS/TG/Stables and Run some rax.....
    18%----TG-----------+15.33 Off Bonus
    10%----Forts----- ---+9.36 Defence
    15%----GS------------17.62 Losses
    10%----Hospitals-----18.23 Mil Losses
    10%----Guilds-------- Train 1 W/hr
    5%---- Towers ------ 319 Runes
    10%---WT---------- +12.15 Catch/-18.23 Damage
    9%-----Stables-------49/hr 4260 Horses
    3%-----Dungeons--- 400 Prisoners/1200 Offence
    10%---Rax------------9.36 Attack time

Any help would be awesome... thanks
    Last edited by cwalker; 23-09-2012 at 18:34.

Best thing an UD can run is high Rax and high GS. If you're not interested in going 3 uniques a day (will drastically help with overpop from chains, having blocks of land coming in more often), then at least run more GS. :P 15% is about minimum for our UD.

All leet army? As in, no dspecs? Crazy girl. Run 20 dpa elites out, 20-25% GS, 15%+ WTs, and 2 TPA and you'll be fine. You'll probably still get chained down, but if you keep your army in/out, you won't be out of the game for days.

I guess anything further kind of depends on your KD set up.

Edit: And more analysis on the problems you had. Did you get large and get NSed, and then dropped 1000 acres? (overbuild watchtowers as you grow, perhaps run 3 raw TPA). Or did you drop 1000 acres, your thieves overpop, you grew up a little bit, and got NSed nonstop? (overbuild watchtowers)
    Last edited by Zobo; 23-09-2012 at 17:23.

40dpa on an attacker is a nono.... it was a bad idea last age when you could run 100 opa with it.... but now its terribad.

20-25 dpa i much more reasonable i agree, with 20 dpa youll still be at 100 opa and therefore there will be a point in having a heavy attacker with gs...

a 40dpa prov is good for becoming unbreakable... but you have no thievery or magic defense as a heavy attacker so you becoming unbreakable just means youll get no gains or income.... a wasted slot, you wont be chained with that defense.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Hah no, not all leet army in that sence. Would be able to maintain 40dpa just from dpecs. the 65opa tho, that would require everything other then dspecs to be leets, no ospces. Which is ****ty, cause kinda ruins the undead conversion bonus.
    But really.. only 20-25dpa... seems awefull low... but that would open up troops to become opa, something I was struggling to find with this build.
    Last edited by cwalker; 23-09-2012 at 17:33.

Post Fiend
    Settle in the middle and go for 7.5-8dspa, 30-32 raw dpa
    Last edited by tamle; 23-09-2012 at 17:56.

Post Demon
    barracks, definitely.

opa/dpa don't mean that much... you really have to look at your total raw offense/defense compared to the rest of your kingdom, and the kingdoms you're likely to fight. If you're a big province in your kingdom, usually more defense is helpful. All the offense in the world is not good for you if you don't get to use it to maximum effect. Basically, if you want to run high offense well, you shouldn't need to take advice from this board, and your kingdom should work with that.

the conversions thing is not that important, unless you have another use for the gc that would go towards elites. i wouldn't get specs just to get conversions, though they're less-bad for undeads. having offspec on hand is useful to prevent ambush and to supply dragon fodder, so those are things to consider for ospecs.

barracks are super-good for undead, so you should run them any time you're able to attack. i'd go for 15-20%, and try to keep high barracks during war. even if you're not online to keep your armies out 24/7, having barracks gives flexibility in when your armies return. barracks can take priority over forts, stables, and hospitals, and occasionally over TG, Most likely you can pull from all of those bulidings to run however many barracks you need.

Thread Information