Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My best utopia memory...

Cool My best utopia memory...

Heya all...

Seeing some old faces here, and with great respect for all of you still hangin' in there... I thought I'd share this little tidbit.

For those of you who don't know my name, I used to be one of the bigger names around, literary AGES ago though ;)

Anyway, I write this as a cheer to all of you great regents and kingdom members, who see this game as being part of something bigger than yourselves.

After the horrendous reshuffle of age 3, we started age 4 as a brand new kingdom. I was SET not to trade or bot, both for moral reasons as well as technical, I couldn't hack my way out of wet paper.

Anyway, age 4 my kingdom had some success. They all got together under my leadership, and I spent the age ONLY teaching each and every one how to play. I'm not joking, I gave them homework.

We had some success, as did I. I think we ended the age top 50, and I think I personally ended top 5. My growth made people listen to what I said, and regency was quite simple.

Age 5, we had big aims. Unfortunately though, me leading an alliance, and the alliance having a costly but very successful war (we wiped out the back then biggest alliance completely, they never came back after the trashing we gave them, "UDNO"), lead to the kingdom not hitting the big scene. We did however learn how to work together assaulting targets in an efficient manner.

Age 6 was just strange. We were then the ONLY kd among the top contenders without traders, I take great pride in that. Remember that back then a dead province was dead, no coming back ever. Also, you could not pick people to join, also, You had to clear out inactives of your own.

I am saying that so you have some understanding for the great pride I felt, knowing every other top KD cheating, watching my KD and my KD members shoot straight up the lists. We had an absolutely unbeatable strategy, but private KD matters as well as horrendous judgement calls from my side made it all go to waste. Oh well. At least we had learnt that if we worked together, and all chipped in, we could DOMINATE.

We also now had ONE trader... A former KD mate who had died, sure. A new member who had to quit who gave up the spot, sure. But still a trade, and still technically cheating. So here my claim for being only one to run a top KD without cheating ends.

This all leads me up to age 7. And potentially the most fun happening I have had in my life.

This was the second age with Undead as race, if I remember it right. They... sucked.

However, all of utopia laughed. My KD however saw the great potential in them, their... elites... couldnt... die...

Yepp. We of course JUMPED at that, while the other top KDs laughed at us. That age also had some new warfare rules.

This begins the most fun age I have ever had.

We hit OOP declaring war. When we came out of the war we declared war. After that we declared war some more.

We climbed the top lists, by continuously and tactically going to war against kingdoms above us, always ending the war with us climbing the lists, them falling...

We got to top 50... 47... 41... 35... and so on... On all measurable levels, NW, honour and land...

When we hit top 5 though, the other top KDs had had enough.

Without alliance ties, proud just to best people one on one, we got absolutely smacked. I am not joking, I think 2-3 full ALLIANCES were called in to smack us down.

Imagine that? Very late in the round, we go from an average of, say, 8000 acres to 300 acres...

And HERE begins my very best moment ever.

Remember what I said about elites? They didn't die. We all had 300 acres, but some what? 50k elites sitting on them? We had no acres, but DAMN we had a good w/pa and t/pa.

We try and decide what to do, the age is bygones anyway, and I call a KD chat to make plans for the next age.

So, we are ALL logged in. Not logged in in the game, but on ICQ (a messenger system we used back in the day).

WE, possibly the BEST war machine kingdom Utopia has ever seen.
    WE, who have spent the age one by one trashing the top 50 kingdoms.
    WE, sitting on ridiculous amounts of elites, thieves and wizards...

We get declared on.

By some mediocre kingdom, who's regent had heard through some alliance friend that we should be targeted.

May I remind you again that we all were online as it happened?

I logged in and noticed the declaration, and that they had made 2 attacks already.

Within 7 minutes, I am not joking, 7 minutes (I know that as we did PKs after the attacks, and the declaration happened when we had 7 minutes to hour switch), we had attacked them more than 80 times, while simultaneously PKing their 5 biggest provinces including the regent.

Their kingdom was in ruins, and remember, back then there was no coming back.

I have NEVER in my life, and bear in mind I have been officer in the army, seen such co-work.

Everyone just knew exactly what to do, we were like a well orchestrated symphonic those minutes... group leaders doing CBs on their targets... Thief/Mage leader making a list of priorities and directing his part, me designating attack targets, everyone frantically hammering away on their keyboards.

The KD attacking must have been in for SUCH a surprise, actually, I know that is so. Their regent contacted me afterwards (from a new account), wondering what the hell had happened.

He was from my city! He wanted to meet me to buy me a beer, as I explained...

Again.... I am so blessed that I have been a participant in something that smooth. That memory, of 25 people feeling down and lost, only to within microseconds kicking into full action mode, working as the most perfect machine... It... Was.... Divine...

So here is a CHEER to all of you still here! This game has given me a lot, my two best friends to date not withstanding. Thank you all :)
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 14-09-2012 at 03:41. Reason: murdered a sentence grammatically

Veteran
    This deserves to be on the login page where the "I married my kingdom mate that i met through utopia" used to be :D Good read!

Cool story! What were the names of your kingdoms and alliances?

Kadagar was one of the more well known players during my early ages (1-7), where I spent my days learning and trying to emulate guys like him, Flogger, Carelia (Freedom Valley), Byakko.. etc

His Alliance was AV, Attacking Vikings. I was able to team up with another AV player later in my playing days: his name was Storm AV, and we played in Brute Force, great guy.
    Last edited by Syntico; 14-09-2012 at 02:29.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    Cool story! What were the names of your kingdoms and alliances?
    Alliance was Attacking Vikings... (AV)

And NO LOCATIONS!! ;)

Age 4 I was Forrest Of Mist (Yepp!! that's how good my English was back then).

KD name didn't matter, we had new ones every age with a new theme back then... It took a time for them to be set as you know it.

I actually think my KD is listed as "thx for this age" - obviously not the proper name ;)

age 5,6,7 don't matter as we didn't end on the top lists... We were sure UP there, but didn't end there. But then, who ends on the top list has rarely been a matter of who had most skill ;)

EDIT: Syntico, I lost Storms contact... You have it by any chance?

50k leets at 300 acres
    that sounds like a pk-ed prov

Quote Originally Posted by Orin View Post
    50k leets at 300 acres
    that sounds like a pk-ed prov
    You got me, it's all fake.

Yeah you were Forrest of mist. :)

5 Forrest of mist (x:x) Thanx for this round (#x:x) Elf 3886512
    8 Forrest of mist (x:x) Thanx for this round (#x:x) Elf 15857

I remember Obian and Discworld from that age mostly.
    Last edited by Palem; 14-09-2012 at 04:12. Reason: locs

Discworld was norwegian if I remember it right...

we were like THIS -><- close to pushing each other out of that list, but both thought better of it...

I sent you Storm's facebook in private message. Have fun!

Oh, and I should answer stupid questions with smart answers...

back then, peasants died by a formula... You didn't die until they were in the negative. So if you released a thousand soldiers, you had a good few hours with peasants dwindling down before they reached negative, actually, if I remember it right, that age it COULDN'T reach negative without outside interference....

Thumbs up

i think mediocre is an understatement. Possibly the worst monarch to ever exist declared on you guys, nonetheless, cool story bro.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    i think mediocre is an understatement. Possibly the worst monarch to ever exist declared on you guys, nonetheless, cool story bro.
    Can't diss people buying me beer ;)

Besides, he was just 12h out of the loop...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Can't diss people buying me beer ;)

Besides, he was just 12h out of the loop...
    Agreed, he's pretty cool for buying you beer and all.

Still bad though, unless im missing something lol (I didn't start playing till a little later).
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Agreed, he's pretty cool for buying you beer and all.

Still bad though, unless im missing something lol (I didn't start playing till a little later).
    I honestly think he cared less about nw/a and more about appeasing an alliance mate.

Still, though, the jury would be out on the judgement call.

But why don't we, bitter and seasoned Utopian player hearts aside, try and look at what I wrote from a positive view?

EDIT: I am cheering you ALL goddamit!!!
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 14-09-2012 at 05:10. Reason: added kudos

Thread Information