Thread: FAQ: Please check in here before posting

Last edited by Bishop; 11-04-2016 at 14:52.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

How do i contact support?
    Mail them on utopiasupport@utopia-game.com - avoid PMing a mod (i.e me) as the support queue is checked more frequently and by more people. Don't forget to include your Support ID and if you are reporting a possible rule violation please include your evidence and/or suspicions.
    Last edited by Bishop; 26-09-2012 at 13:09.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Why am I blocked from attacking a province?

Occasionally you may receive the following message
    Quote Originally Posted by System message
    You have been prevented from interacting with this province because you shared IP addresses with other provinces that have already interacted with it. You are not permitted to interact with any province that has already been attacked by other provinces from one of your locations.

If your Internet Service Provider directs your traffic through a proxy server, along with other players, you may be blocked from interacting with the same provinces that they interact with. If you believe this is happening to you, you should contact your ISP to request direct internet access.

If you are accessing the game via a mobile browser, you should turn off any automatic proxying.

For reference, your offending addresses are listed below.
    This restriction cannot be lifted earlier than 24 hours, after which it automatically removed. This may impact some legitimate housemates and players from some countries that have badly configured IPs. However, it deters the number one most common method of cheating and so is essential. We hope that legitimate players can work within these restrictions and attack different targets etc.
    Last edited by Bishop; 03-03-2014 at 16:45. Reason: typo

Can I play Utopia with a housemate/brother etc?

We advise players that wish to play with a housemate etc to use separate devices. Behaviour that may be legitimate, such as logging in after your housemate, is identical to the behaviour of someone that may be cheating. As such, you should avoid any such actions as deletions as a result of this behaviour will not be reversed. The game will take care of interactions ingame as it automatically blocks same IP interactions - it is up to the players to ensure the security and integrity of their account on their end.
    Last edited by Bishop; 03-10-2016 at 18:33.

Account Inactive/Deleted - what to do?

If, upon logging in to your account, you receive a message stating that your account is "Inactive" it is possible that your account was rendered inactive due to a violation of the games rules.

If you believe you did not break these rules here is what you can do.

Please be aware, and I'm looking at you monarchs here, we cannot discuss another players account. This means if you email us asking why a kingdom mate was deleted we will not be able to tell you. We will release details only to the account owner.

Now that is out of the way here are the steps you can take.

Send a polite email to utopiasupport@utopia-game.com from the email associated with your master account. Include your username or your Support ID. Explain why you think you might have been deleted, the more detail you provide the better. If it is found that you were deleted in error your account will be restored, along with your province.

Be aware though that ignorance of the rules is not an excuse we can accept, nor are we able to contact people via mail before we take action - it is simply not feasible.

These actions are taken for the good of the game. While we understand you may be angry we will not put up with swearing, insults, threats and the like so, for your own sake, please keep the language civil.

Finally, if you do not get your account reinstated that does not mean you are banned forever from the game (not unless its an IP ban, which is rare unless you use a proxy). You are free to make a new account but you should probably email us to confirm it wont be deleted automatically.

Can I be placed in an empty kingdom?

As of Age 68 - yes!

To be placed in an empty kingdom there are some things to be aware of.

You need 3 people in total to email utopiasupport@utopia-game.com from the email addresses linked to their game accounts.
    Each account must have a province when I go to move them.
    The provinces cannot be massive or near the top of any charts - if they are they will need to be reset (for free). New provinces are fine.
    Only 3 people will be moved, this is enough to gain monarchy and then use the 7 free invites I will give you to invite other people.
    The explore formula penalises kingdoms with under 3 players
    Due to the way allocation of new players works there is no guarantee that you will get random players straight away, or at all. The 10 kingdoms closest to 22 players get filled first. If this isn't your kingdom you will not get randoms.
    When making the request for a new kingdom please ensure you include a way to identify the other people that will be making the request along with you.

note: at age end we merge kingdoms under 18 players, so you should wait until the new age before asking for a kingdom if you want to play with just friends.
    Last edited by Bishop; 06-11-2017 at 11:11.

Thread Information