Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End Honor WD

Post Fiend
    pffft that's not the system I'm talking about, I'm talking about the honor given to you after a war. It's intended to give you honor, not level you out because the last kd took all your honor 2 hours before they withdrew

Forum Addict
    It is not intended to give you honor.

Post Fiend
    so you're saying the sole purpose of the 10% honor upon war win is there to counter people max gaining for honor and then withdrawing?

Quote Originally Posted by macleod View Post
    so you're saying the sole purpose of the 10% honor upon war win is there to counter people max gaining for honor and then withdrawing?
    You are also implying that the winning kingdom should get the lion's share of the honor by default. While that is what usually happens, it is in no way the written rule or guideline for the game.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

A kingdom simply does not lose enough honor in a single max gain wave at eow to make them not overall gaining honor. I assume your complaining about an individual province losing honor. Individual honor should not be looked at...
    My life is better then yours.

Postaholic
    Unlike land, you typically do not lose honor when your enemy withdraws. The ability to target high-honor provinces and the instant return of honor means that if they do a max-gains wave 3 ticks before withdrawing, you have ample opportunity to recover all that honor.

However, I do feel that the withdraw length should be increased by one hour.

Also, to say "losing honor doesn't matter because your war win honor covers it" implies a wrong outlook on the game. Currently you are giving kingdoms a choice of land or honor. This choice should be removed (5% land from explore pools and 10% honor should be given for a win). But Bishop - it's disturbing that you assume only honor comes from a win; it's another sign of how the admins and developers have marginalized top play and made the entire game world worse as a result.

No, its a sign of how the war win bonus works - the more honor they have the more you get from them.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    You are also implying that the winning kingdom should get the lion's share of the honor by default. While that is what usually happens, it is in no way the written rule or guideline for the game.
    And I'm saying that it should be that way. That's why this is in the "Suggestions" thread. Do you not know what a "Suggestion" is?

Last time around I barely gained 100 honor on winning the war; this to me seemed fairly low.

Its based on the honor you both already have, if you have low honor you get a low reward.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Couple of players saying that we should increase the non-hostility time to surrender.
    Monarchs of ghettos have a hard enough time getting their kingdom to settle down for 2 hours, 3-5 hours would not help these kingdoms at all.

Regular
    You receive more than honour when a war win, a war win is not only for honour dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    No, its a sign of how the war win bonus works - the more honor they have the more you get from them.
    Except isn't honor generated based on your honor same way land generated is based on your land?

No, its based on a combination of both kds resources

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    No, its based on a combination of both kds resources
    Withdrawal
    Once the minimum time limit is reached, either kingdom can withdraw from war.
    War will end automatically if opponents networth to 50% of others. This will only occur after a minimum of 7 days (1 Utopian year).
    After withdrawing, the losing kingdom's total honor is reduced by 10%. This lost honor is evenly distributed between the winning kingdom's provinces. Withdrawals can only occur if the withdrawing kingdom has not committed any attacks within the past two Utopian Days. Withdrawing rewards the opposing kingdom with a war win that will show on their kingdom page.

-------------

above is from guide. I am fairly certain you no longer lose honor for WDing? You certainly don't seem to lose 10% It would make more sense if the 10% honor/land came from the losing KD so you would get as much for farming as basing it on your own resources makes a farm doubly valuable.

(I don't mean necessarily that they lost it, certainly they shouldn't lose land. But it would make sense if you gained a bonus equivlant to 10% of their land/honor) I also think these bonuses should be looked at but meh :D

Thread Information